Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Leo and Doc Buzzard are the best lime scents ever and the lime single note is wonderful. I'd love to see more lime scents being offered.

I just posted that very thing in the notes you'd like to see more of thread, lol. BPAL's lime is awesome :P I wish I could get more of it.

Lime is the only citrus that I personally *love*... it was really strong in Trick #1 for me (yay!). I think that I'll dab on Doc Buzzard this weekend on my next date, and see how the boy likes that one.

And I'll retest The Sun as well :D

After having Shoggoth turn into complete lovely lime on me, I was wondering if anyone could reccommend another lime-tinted scent for me to try? I've already tried Shoggoth, and Envy (which smelt like fresh cut grass to me)

Thanks in advance!

Spider and The Mock Turtle's Lessons are my two favorite lime blends, the lime is one of the main notes in both of them. Other people get strong lime in Mr. Nancy, but on me the smokiness eclipses it after the first few seconds. And Whitechapel is supposed to be a lovely lime blend, but I haven't had a chance to try that one yet.

Edited by Proginoskes

I got a lot of lime out of Crouquet from the Mad Tea Party set, and found it quite divine (like fresh limeade!):

CROQUET-

'Get to your places!' shouted the Queen in a voice of thunder, and people began running about in all directions, tumbling up against each other; however, they got settled down in a minute or two, and the game began. Alice thought she had never seen such a curious croquet-ground in her life; it was all ridges and furrows; the balls were live hedgehogs, the mallets live flamingoes, and the soldiers had to double themselves up and to stand on their hands and feet, to make the arches.

The chief difficulty Alice found at first was in managing her flamingo: she succeeded in getting its body tucked away, comfortably enough, under her arm, with its legs hanging down, but generally, just as she had got its neck nicely straightened out, and was going to give the hedgehog a blow with its head, it would twist itself round and look up in her face, with such a puzzled expression that she could not help bursting out laughing: and when she had got its head down, and was going to begin again, it was very provoking to find that the hedgehog had unrolled itself, and was in the act of crawling away: besides all this, there was generally a ridge or furrow in the way wherever she wanted to send the hedgehog to, and, as the doubled-up soldiers were always getting up and walking off to other parts of the ground, Alice soon came to the conclusion that it was a very difficult game indeed.

We have some trouble managing our flamingos, too. Pink lime, pink grapefruit, white nectarine, wild rose, sage, woody patchouli, bergamot, and ornery hedgehog musk.

Thank you all for your very quick replies!! I've always loved lime but never thought to wear it. I'm just lucky that it's a "me" scent! I do have an Imp of Mock Turtle's Lessons, so I'll have to try that next.

As for Croquet, Spider and Detox, they go on my list ASAP!!

Lysander which is a new blend in the Ilyria category.

Whitechapel.

Mr. Nancy if you like a touch of foodiness.

The Hamptons also has lime, IIRC.

Edited by Heavenlyrabbit

If you can get hold of the recently discontinuted Tarot:Star I find this to be mostly lime (backed up with mint & coconut).

Any new lime recs? I'm still searching for more. LIME!

I noticed you never reviewed F5 (aloe, white musk, lime peel, fresh mint, seaspray, verbena and green tea), is there some note in there that you didn't like? It's definitely my go-to scent for lime, and strangely the lime seems to have gotten stronger since I first got it (strange because I thought citrus notes degraded faster than other notes)! I still love it.

The Phoenix (sea air, gunpowder, lime, salt-crusted wood, a splash of blood, and a dribble of Snake Oil) is wonderful and getting better and more complex with age....but I still don't detect the lime very much.

One of my favorite lime scents is Agony of Heartache (tart, bitter lime and blackberry - Purple sage, red patchouli, blackberry, lemon blossom, and lime rind).

I got a lot of lime out of Voodoo ( myrrh, patchouli, vetiver, lime, vanilla, pine, almond and clove) before I amped the patchouli. If you liked deep, somewhat earthy sorts of scents, then I thought this one was great.

Any new lime recs? I'm still searching for more. LIME!

I noticed you never reviewed F5 (aloe, white musk, lime peel, fresh mint, seaspray, verbena and green tea), is there some note in there that you didn't like? It's definitely my go-to scent for lime, and strangely the lime seems to have gotten stronger since I first got it (strange because I thought citrus notes degraded faster than other notes)! I still love it.

That's funny, because I don't get the lime from F5 at all - it's green tea to the max on me!

I love the smell of Royall Lyme cologne. It smells good enough to eat, like real limes only better. I also really like Royall's Bay Rhum. My grandfather used to wear it, and the old bottles used to contain a real bay leaf. I wonder if they stiill do?

The Phoenix (sea air, gunpowder, lime, salt-crusted wood, a splash of blood, and a dribble of Snake Oil) is wonderful and getting better and more complex with age....but I still don't detect the lime very much.

On me The Phoenix is almost pure lime and sea air. Must depend on body chemistry.

I'm on a lime kick (big time!) right now. It's the middle of the winter and I'm feeling tropical :lol:

Anyone have any suggestions for "BAM! OMG LIIMMEEE!" scent? I have a pretty big collection and surprisingly I don't have any oils with a dominant lime note. I'd love a nice strong key lime or something like that.

Anyone?

I'm on a lime kick (big time!) right now. It's the middle of the winter and I'm feeling tropical :lol:

Anyone have any suggestions for "BAM! OMG LIIMMEEE!" scent? I have a pretty big collection and surprisingly I don't have any oils with a dominant lime note. I'd love a nice strong key lime or something like that.

Anyone?

Have you tried Detox? That one has the strongest LIME I've ever tried. And I've tried alot!

Seconding Mr. Nancy if you like your lime with a foodie twist.

If you prefer florals in the background, I'd go with Whitechapel which is very strongly lime softened a bit with lilac to my nose.

For herbal lime, try Envy.

Thank you for the suggestions, guys! ^_^

I've been meaning to try Mr. Nancy for a while now, I think I'll add that in with my next order....along with Detox (which will be my first Panacea blend). I have a teeny bit of The Star left in an imp but that's always given me a headache. Besides that, that closest lime scent I have is Geek which is a bit too masculine for me (my husband likes to use that one from time to time).

Thanks again! :wub2:

I think DeTox would also be good if you wanted to amp up the lime in a blend that already has a bit of lime in it. It's definitely the lime-iest thing from the Lab I have ever smelled!

Some reviewers mentioned a lime 'feeling' from That! The Terror From Over There!.. I didn't get liiiiiiiiime as such, and it's note a listed note, but it's definitely got a lime kinda vibe going on.. very fresh and cool green.

Maybe hunt down a decant of that and see how you go :smile:

MUTANT HOT-RODDERS FROM HELL HIGH!

Doesn't seem to be the most popular in the class of the X-mas Dark Delicacies scents, but my o my!

- A smokey pepper leather lime~ its all love to me. And decant's should be to hard to chase down.