Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
nikkoblue

Fox Fires on New Year's Eve at the Garment Nettle Tree at Oji

Weeping cherry, watery bamboo pulp, nettle tree bark, green tea incense, soft musk, rice wine, and Japanese tree lilac.

Just got a lil sniffie of this. Would never have thought to try it, but it's lovely!

In the imp and fresh on it's very green and wet. But it settles down into a soft, almost pulpy scent, with a musk like warm skin and sweet flowers. Still an exotic, wet green element there, but not sharp at all.

In the bottle: Sweet floral with smoky incense.

Wet: Sweeter and more floral; less smoky. Still heavy on the incense. I'm definitely picking out the lilac and weeping cherry. I don't usually like smoky stuff but this smoke is not bad; it's very woodsy. Really unique blend, this one.

Dry: Really delicious floral-woodsy incense.

Summary: I love it, but it's not a skin-scent for me. A room scent, more like. I must say it's very well concocted and fits the description/concept perfectly.

what do you meanwith 'I am in love'??? :P

I am not in love..

I am MADLY IN LOVE! :D

this is SO good, on my skin I can defenitly smell that green tea incense and the rice wine

there is a tiny bit of cherry and a lot of lilac

it is a.m.a.z.i.n.g.

Nice, light, green scent. Not a green scent like leaves...but...green filtered light?

There is a slight bit of what I think of as "perfume" scent, and if that goes away I'll be happier.

Drying, ah lilac, I'm not really a fan of yours.

I expected this one to go a similar route as Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree, or the Voyeurs Among th Cherry Blossoms Shunga. The cherry was very light though, and a dry, sweet incense came through nicely. The lilac was fairly prominent and all in all this was a pleasant scent. Not something I'd wear often, but I enjoyed trying it!

Something in this really reminds me of a more incensey, powdery, and less chocolatey March 09 Thirteen. Since I have a bottle of that one I probably won't spring for a bottle of this one until I run out...They aren't the same fragrance at all, but I feel like they are closely enough related that I wouldn't wear both enough to warrant a bottle at this point.

Definitely sweet cherry with a background of reedy bamboo and incense.

A delightfully calm and comforting contemplative blend!

Imp: Green leaves and incense

Wet: Green, oriental incense

Drydown: A floral note, (the lilac?), makes an appearance. It's soft and pale colored, not over-whelming. I also get the bamboo pulp, which is good because I like the lab's bamboo notes. There's an almost tart note. I'm not sure if it's the weeping cherry.

Overall: This is a shifter on me, but I like it alot. It's got good throw, so don't slather. This will be nice year-round. :smilenod:

1246903655_ZevCF-Ti.jpg

Today, a bright not-too-warm sunshine-y day, was a perfect day for this blend! The lightness, the green and the lilac of it provided the perfect accompaniment, and I love it on me and in my scent locket (Three Daggers today). I don't get any cherry at all (thank goodness), and the musk isn't terribly prominent either. What I smell mostly are the lilac, bamboo and green tea incense notes, and they are wonderful separately...but together they are amazing! The throw isn't very much, as I must bury my nose in my wrist or raise my locket to my nose to really smell it, but Mr. Stellans asked what I was wearing this morning when he kissed me goodbye, so the throw is just fine for my purposes! The staying power is pretty phenomenal; I didn't reapply until just a few minutes ago, and I first put it on this morning around 6:00. That's pretty impressive, IMO. Very happy to have a bottle of this, I'm giving it 3 stars out of 5 possible. Yum!

Edited by stellans

IN THE IMP: Very fresh, wet, and green, which must be the bamboo pulp, plus florals.

WET: Still the fresh, sweet greenness from the bamboo pulp, plus florals.

DRY: Starts to give off an Asian vibe. The strong "FRESH AND GREEN" notes fade, and the florals are soft and a little sweet. It suddenly turns a bit spicy and musky with a tiny hint of booze, which must be the incense, musk, and rice wine kicking it. Pretty, and a strong morpher!

This scent is sweet!! I mainly get cherry and lilac. After a few minutes, the spice starts to kick in. It retains its sweetness but the combination of the sweet and spice is just KICK ASS. I think I love this blend.

This is the most woody of all the Japanese Salon's I have tried so far. It's very perfumey especially on wet application with something in it which is making my nose itch. And I never have reactions to any smells ordinarily. Suggest if you have allergies this one may set it off. I had hoped for lashings of bamboo in this one but I don't get any of it's clean, green fibrous scent here. I get something I dislike immensely which I suspect is the green tea incense. I had hoped the incense part would be really minimalist and clean being "green tea" but it's not. It's powdery and musty to my nose with a metallic edge.

Yep this whole scent is being swallowed by the incense part and I think this is one for the swaps.

In bottle: Lilac and some kind of light green/white/jasmine tea dominate (I tested 'blind' w/o re-reading the description, so that's what I got.) Also a thin thread of pepperyness.

Wet on skin: same, but a weak little cherry note on the end, and the pepperyness moves more towards 'spice.' Still very, very subtle though, hard to catch.

Drying/first 20 mins or so: the aquatic/green/tree nature develops a little more. *maybe* I detect the bamboo, but it's more of a generic green smell to me.

Past 20 mins: Greenness is getting drier in nature, but still developing, pushing out the lilac. I might get a thin thread of light woods in there. Very light, vague spice is present. The cherry is only there as sort of a thin veil of candied-ness over the whole thing-still not very sweet and cloying, very light.

Throw is average. It's not quite as fresh/green/light woodsy as I was hoping, but still quite pretty, and I love the art/concept. Keeping the imp, think I'd at least like a partial bottle.

I'm getting the bamboo and the green tea incense on this in the imp. On my skin, this is very green and fading quickly. Gone within five seconds, sadly, not for me.

In the bottle: Sweet, fresh, and green - slightly watery.

Wet on skin: Very green and fresh. Not really smelling any cherry, but the bamboo is there, the incense, the musk, and the lilac. Very soft,

Drydown: This is very nice, not too strong, not too light. It's gentle like a breeze across a lake.

Dry: Soft musk and watery greens with a hint of floral.

Overall: This is a very nice scent, and would be good in the spring/summer/fall.

Edited by claudia6913

I love the painting, but I'm not crazy about the scent. I think the rice wine and incense notes don't agree with me.

Something about it is very familiar, but I'm not sure what.

Green bamboo and rice wine are the two most prominent top notes. As it dries, the lilac note becomes stronger, and finally the musk and green tea incense dominate the scent. At this point, it reminds me of On The Death of His Mistress, with its sort of smoky matcha-musk vibe. Too incensey for me, with a faint cloying, boozy sweetness from the rice wine underpinnings. The lilac and cherry blossoms are perceptible from a little farther away from the skin.

It isn't a very strong perfume. It's a light, pale, green and white type of scent, and delicate like all the Japanese Salons I've tried so far.

This feels like "green" incense on me, with a little bit of lilac and rice wine. It is very soft and mysterious.

The throw and staying power is good, too.

I'm glad I took a chance on this bottle, it has a certain Buddhist feel to it that is just my thing!