Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Pink Moon 2007

A sweet and silly compliment to the first breath of Spring! Sugared carnation and phlox!

at first: fresh carnations and a hint of sugar.
on: the carnations are dustier now and the sugar is stronger. lovely.
half an hour later: sweet, but musty carnations.
1.5 hours later: gorgeous sweet carnations. i love this.
3 hours later: warm carnations with a little bit of sugar.
4.5 hours later: sweet, but with an odd vegetable note. i wonder if it's the phlox.
overall: this started going sort of odd at the end, but i loved it up until then. i'm a sucker for sugared flowers.
update: i'm a dork. the vegetable-y note was from something else that i was wearing. this is good all-around. hehe... Edited by Shollin

I just got my bottle of pink moon, and justly I should reply... This year's pink moon smells a bit like antique lace, if you were to give it a comparison. At first it's very faint, only sugar emits from the bottle, yet upon wearing it on the skin the milky carnation, or whatever flower is behind it, gives it much more sustenance. Still it is very subtle, perfect for a little innocent seduction :P .

I just got Pink Moon today, and I love her! The label is adorable - it's the skelly girl from the T-shirt. So cute! I get sugared carnation from the scent, but that's probably because I wouldn't know a phlox if one hit me upside the head. It's soft, sweet, and lovely, but just spicy enough to be a little sexy. It's really perfect for spring, but it's not a "springy" scent, as such. It's just a gorgeous concoction of sugar and flowers - everything I wanted from it!

Alice is feeling a little sullen today, as in her photo in my signature, because I've found a new carnation love. Alice, oh, Alice, don't despair! Pink Moon and I are just a fling, I promise! YOU are general catalogue, after all. Even if I am smitten with this most delicious spicy-sweet springtime creation, so that I can't stop smashing my nose against my wrist or returning to sniff the bottle again and again.... it could never compare to the depth of feeling I have for YOU, Alice, my Alice...

(Could it...? :P )

I wish this and I could get along more appropiately but sadly this turns into a wonky celery sugar spicy carnation soap. I think this smells alright after it dries down, but it's not me as much as I appreciate the simpliness of the design. This is giving me pause to buying hope and faith as well if this goes just as wonky.

Being rather new to BPAL, this one's my first Lunacy, and I'm very pleased.

In bottle: strongly carnation, a sort of peppery floral with a touch of something sweet.

On skin, wet: still really strongly carnation, but it starts to smell like... conversation hearts? That's what I'm reminded of, anyway. Maybe it's that sort of spicy note, because conversation hearts always smell almost minty, to me.

On skin, dry: this smells really good after it dries. Florals and vanilla and still that tiny touch of something spicy. It reminds me of nothing so much as a sweeter version of Pink Pepper, by The Body Shop, though smelling them both individually they're really not that alike. Pink Moon is a lot sweeter, but they've both got that peppery note that I don't have much else to compare to.

This one's definitely not too sugary: I couldn't wear something like, say, Pink Sugar, in traditional perfumes, but I can wear this easily. It seems like my first Lunacy blend was a winner!

I didn't think I could like a Pink Moon that was not like the original, but, boy was I off base. I agree with the previous poster's description-in the bottle it is a sharp floral, peppery with just a hint of sweetness. On my skin some of the sharpness dissipates as it becomes more of a softer floral (I'm sorry I'm not too familiar with the uniqueness of carnation and phlox) with a rounded spicy kick. After some time it becomes that soft floral with a creamy spice aura. I can't put my finger on the scent (maybe holiday/vanilla spices?), but it is absolutely gorgeous. Not too flowery, not too sweet, not too spicy...It's been about 3 hours now, and I still have the fragrance wafting about....just lovely :P

Pink Moon 2007 - I can’t decide about this scent. It starts off floral-sweet and very spicy from the carnation. As it dries down, the spice dissipates, and the carnation is the strongest note. I’ve decided in the last year or so that I don’t actually like carnation; however, I’m drawn to this scent because there’s something in it that makes it more tolerable than carnation usually is. I don’t know what phlox smells like, so I don’t know if it’s that or the “sugared” aspect of the carnation. Either way, it’s a nice, sweet carnation scent that definitely isn’t a typical carnation blend. The throw is pretty strong initially, but fades quickly, and the wear length (as with most of the lunar blends) is on the short side.

i get mostly carnation from this...carnations are always kind of weird on me, but i just love their spiciness so much, i usually just weather it out. there's a sugared edge for sure, but it's not super-sweet...still with that weird underside to the carnations that always happens to me. i don't know...carnations always smell the same on me. i wish this was a bit sweeter, but i do like it - it's simple and reminds me more of a muted light pink, rather than a bright, glaring pink.

Hmm...I was reluctant about this one because carnation usually hates me, but I love sugar and phlox. It's marginally better than other carnation blends I've tried, but still, well...too carnation-y. But I'm sure fans of carnations will love this, since it's not too sweet at all. The sugar and phlox mainly act as supporting notes and let the spicy-sweet floral take the stage.

I keep saying I'm not a floral person, yet I've fallen in love with Vasakasajja, Dark Delicacies, Beltane, Kanishta, and now Pink Moon. I knew I was fond of carnation from making its acquaintance in Morocco, Maiden, and Alice. But this is the perfect blend to showcase that note. The sugar balances the spice and the phlox seems to just play a supporting, pink-ifying role. This is a happy, playful blend, perfect for spring and summer, and femininte without being childish.

Carnation :P .

I LOVE carnation. It's my second-favorite floral note, and just like my favorite, lavender, it's rare to find it playing center-stage in a blend - probably because just like lavender, it can take over the whole show. I can never smell it in blends, though! I've purchased scents just because it's a listed note, yet rarely a trace can I discern.

Pink Moon is pure carnation, just lightly sugared, on me - a trace of phlox doesn't emerge until the drydown. I am so in love with this scent.

The best, most emotional and amazing part of being a bpalista is the scent memories Beth can evoke with her artistry. A carnation single note oil was my very first perfume when I was 13 and Pink Moon takes me right back to freshman year in high school... which could be scary, but I choose to remember only the best, cheerful, spiciest parts of it in honor of this beautiful fragrance. :D

DAMN! Now I wish I'd purchased two bottles!

Oh dear....

In the bottle, and wet, this is just BEAUTIFUL. Fresh, sweet, spicy-floral, bright. A kind of creamy pink. I love it - LOVE it.

And then it dries down into something sort of odd and musty. I keep sniffing it, wondering where my lovely fresh wonderful floral has gone, and it's just - meh.

Stupid skin chemistry. This will be SO pretty - on someone else!

(And there's the lovely pink skelly-girl on the bottle, too!)

Edited by Anna D.

I am just NOT a floral kind of girl. Or am I?

In the bottle: smells pink & flowery, but whats that? something nawty & peppery is lurking...

Wet: flowers & spice

Dry: Oh dear, why didn't I order more than one bottle? What was I afraid of? This is sugar & spice and everything nice! My hubby agrees!

I am smitten with Pink Moon and must have more! :P

Mmm...spicy sweet carnations that dry into spicy bubblegum.

A very girly, pink, lovely spring scent, and I'm so glad I bought a bottle.

Love for me, and my husband loves it, too.

Pink Moon '07 is very pretty indeed! It's like the carnation in Carnivale' blended with the sweet, gooey vanilla of Antique Lace. I can't say I smell the phlox that much if at all because the carnation's spicy personality dominates. It's a soft, sweet and rounded floral with no sharp piercing fruitiness of the original Pink Moon. It's positively sugary and yummy---and pink! :P

This is Saw-Scaled Viper, playing in pink cupcake sugar while wearing a silver filigree tiara.

To me, Pink Moon mimics the sweet, warm, sugared spiciness of Saw-Scaled Viper without the borderline feral musk and the slightly harsh heat of the cassia.

The sugar is different as well. On me, Saw-Scaled Viper smells like a crisp gingersnap cookie generously coated in hard sugar icing, but on Pink Moon, even though the warmth and spice are nearly identical to Saw-Scaled (though in Pink Moon there’s sometimes a bubblegum-esque wet stage), the sugar aspect smells more of Saw-Scaled stripped of it’s hard coating, and sent on a light roll through pink (I almost always think of carnations as pink!), crystallized cupcake sugar.

This is the first Lunacy blend I’ve ordered (and I’ve done everything but breakdance in glee since the moment I read it was coming around this year), and I absolutely adore it! :P

In the bottle:

Mmm yup that's sugar alright

On me:

Mmm sugary vanilla just like what's in Black Opal and Antique Lace. You can definitely smell the carnations with their floral spice and I do not know what phlox smells like, but I imagine it's the more airy floral underneath. It is definitely a pink scent, this is so appropriate for Pink Moon.

It smells a lot like Black Opal on me at first - well, like the little sister of Black Opal. As it is on longer though, it becomes lighter and more like Antique Lace. It's sort of a happy cross between the two. It's sugary and sweet but not overwhelming and just a touch of Spring florals. Delicate and gorgeous!

Final note:

This is an easy blend to love. I don't think it's something I need multiple bottles of, but I will definitely wear this and enjoy it. Very pretty!

Here's the banner I made for it, anyone is free to use it!

pinkmoonbanner.jpg

spicy sweet and warm. comforting and fun. Pink Moon is going to be my main scent this spring!

I'm just going to have to face the fact that I can't wear carnations. They go completley nutso. Sadly, for me there was phlox in this; they got their frilly purple butts kicked by all that spice before this could even dry. And the sugar turned into that burnt-maple syrup note I don't care for.

My birthday moon. A tragedy, all around. But Aries more than makes up for it :P

in the bottle: phlox, just like fresh phlox, w/ a hint of carnations.

wet: carnations w/ a hint of phlox, and some sweet sugar

as it dries only one word can summarize this gorgeous blend. SOFT. it is fluffy, soft, sweet innocent, reminds me of floating on a big pink cloud of cotton candy. the carnation is barely there w/ a sweet vanilla antique lace type scent, i would say this is a.l. w/ carnation. gorgeous.

Ah, I did so want to like this. Upon first smell I laughed. It is a light somehow amusing scent that seemed quite promising, sweet and silly at the same time.

Putting it on however a faint bitter note came out on my skin that grew as time passed. And boy did it persist! This is a very strong scent. I washed my hands three times immediately and could still smell it. The next morning, twelve hours later, I could still smell it.

I don't know if it was the carnation or the phlox for I've not worn either note before, but I shall to watch out for them in the future. Alas. :P

This is very sweet! It has a lot more sugar in it than I was expecting, and the sugary sweetness is kind of smelling like melons to me. I couldn't smell any carnation at first, which is surprising because that note is usually loud on my skin. But as it's warming up I can begin to smell a hint of carnation. Carnation is usually an odd note on me -- it has a spicy dry feel to it and is sometimes bitter. Not in this one, though. Here it smells fresh. Like fresh cut carnations.

And crap, I don't remember what phlox smells like. I planted some last summer but I don't remember it having a distinctive scent. But there's certainly a floral note in this that isn't carnation, so I guess that's the phlox. It's pretty.

This becomes a little less sugary and more floral over time, but it's a good smooth floral, not a heady or green one. It smells like fresh petals, with a nice carnation spicy overtone. I like this, and it'll be great to wear in the spring!

ETA: After a while the carnation has taken over and made the blend smell funky. I'm not sure I like this after all. :P

Edited by filigree_shadow

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I enjoy my little decant of the first Pink Moon, and I've been having some success with sugared florals thanks to Possets. I love carnations, so I have high hopes for this one.

In the Bottle: A very fluffily pink fragrance. Sugary carnations and a floral that I assume is the phlox.

Wet: Something unpleasantly sharp and green leaps out at me, but quickly fades back and lets the florals bloom.

Drydown: I get the florals with sugar around the edges, but there's a musky quality to it all that cuts out the spring-like quality it had in the bottle.

Verdict: I'm going to give it one more try before I give up, but at the moment I think this should go to someone who can wear it better than I.