Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The deepest, darkest point in a shadow; the area contained within the shadow of an eclipse. East African black patchouli, cedarwood, vetiver and a dribble of cinnamon.

This was a frimp from the lab! THANK YOU! :wub2:

InTheImp: Definitely lives up to its name. It's very dark, very mysterious, very comforting. I love it. Deep velvety indigo, violet, shot through with very thin streaks of living green.

Wet: I LOVE this. It smells like earth in such a lovely, comforting way. I work in the city, live in the country, and sometimes driving home, I wish I could stop in one of the fields or wood near my house and just cover myself with soil and leaves and stay there. That feeling is what this smells like. It also reminds me of the traditional midwives I worked with in my 20's. It smells like the herbal tincture I took when I was in labor.

Drydown: This turns smooth, woody, and slightly sweet on me. I get the patchouli for sure, no cinnamon to speak of. It's a complex patchouli, I really enjoy it.

Dry: Comforting, old wood...I love it still, from top to bottom. It's soft, furry, warm. The scent envelopes me protectively. I'm pretty sure it'll have decent throw because that's just what patchouli does, ya know? :lol:

Earth Goddess yay. I'll probably end up getting a bottle for when I'm feeling overwhelmed or sad, because it's just like getting a big ole hug from my sweet mother earth. Mother's Day is tomorrow, this was a great gift!!!! Thanks guys :wub2: Sorry I'm not very good with the technical perfume note terminology. My descriptions run towards poetry and colors.

Mmm, spicy dark and earthy with an almost dustiness from the vetiver. Hoo boy, this is a dirty patchouli! It smells like dirt with cinnamon sticks crushed into it. Gonna try this on the husbeast, but it's not working for me.

I just made it in no more of getting my hands on an imp like 4 days before it was discontinued! :)

So...I wanted something dark....really dark so ordered this to test, I'm normally a woods/green sort of girl

In imp- the colour of this oil is just....wow! Best not wear white haha...it's a really dark red/brown almost black

Being honest, when I opened the imp, there really was such a small throw I thought I'd lost my sense of smell...on a close sniff, patchouli and a fair bit of it too! Thank goodness I can't smell much in the way of vetiver cause in another blend with lots of it, it ruined it. I can smell a good bit of cedar wood which is a favorite of mine, no cinnamon though

Wet on skin-smells a little stronger on skin than in imp....the oil stained my wrist :( now I can smell the cinnamon- I'm happy :) it's not overpowering the other notes though

Dry on skin- the notes blend Nicer together, can smell the cinnamon most of all but it's not overpowering.

Overall- at 1st try I do admit, I hated this blend with a passion. It does grow on you the more you wear it though, wouldn't say it's my favorite scent but it's a comforting one to me. I'll keep my imp but since there's no longer any being made, I probably have 1 of the last few imps made. I shall see how it ages, looks like it will be an antique soon enough :)

• ITI: This 's deliciously woodsy (a nice, full-bodied wood) with an overlay of cinnamon. It's warm and comforting.

Wet: The cinnamon is stronger on my wrist, but the cedarwood along with the patchouli are much more distinct as well. I do pick up on a little smokiness, but it is faint.

Dry: It's a lovely, round, warm, comforting scent - woodsy, slightly resinous, and spicy from the cinnamon. I wish I had more.

Received this in an Ebay imp lot. A lot of the scents were spices like Umbra which I have learned I am generally not a fan of. However, Umbra is one of the ones my skin favored more...and the patchouli didn't go awful on me, mainly because the cedar and vetiver brought in a woodsy note to the spice. The cinnamon was very subtle on my skin. Glad I got to try and find a spice that I don't hate. It's not a bottle for me, but it gives me hope for other spices!

Oh my gosh! So the lab sent me 4 imps of this in my order. Sad to see it's discontinued because it's the ONE oil that my partner has been willing to put on and it's amazing on him. He said he smelled cherries but I think that's the vetiver and the cinnamon. It's earthy, sweet and spicy. Very sexy. I quite love it!

I wondered why I couldn't find this under the usual sections, until I decided to look it up on the lab's site. It's been discontinued. Sigh. Clearly this one didn't grab my eye much amidst all my other imps; it's my very last tester for a while. Now that I try it, I'm sad I didn't sooner. (Maybe about three years sooner!)

This is a dark, dirty patch that sits quite close to the skin, which is quite rare to my nose. Most of the dark patches I like that used to make my dad wrinkle his nose when I was in the room are also quite "big" scents. The cedar and vetiver blend in flawlessly, making this almost a spicy/aromatic scent with the cinnamon dusted over the top. It's spicy and woody but I would describe it as a very dark green scent, nearly black. By traditional definitions it leans masculine, but if you like wood/spice/aromatic (and obviously, patch) perfumes it can definitely be worn by anyone. If I can I'd love to hunt down a bottle.

In the imp: The cinnamon note leaps out at me first, backed by the earth and wood notes.

Wet: The cinnamon note reigns, and it's a soft variety, like the one in Chimera. It's mostly all cinnamon, all the time on me during this stage. I can get some of the black patchouli in the background if I inhale really deeply.

Dry: The cinnamon is still the most prominent note, but now, I can smell more of the black patchouli, vetiver, and cedar behind it, darkening the scent. After a while, the dark notes become more prominent (especially the patchouli and cedar), but none of the notes manage to overtake the cinnamon.

Verdict: There are other cinnamon-forward blends I prefer over this one, so I won't be keeping my imp, but I'm glad that the patchouli, vetiver, and cedar didn't end up being too strong on me.