Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
sarada

Chintamani-Dhupa

Pound well together sandal-wood, Kunku, costus, Krishnaguru, Suvasika-puspha, white vala and the bark of the Deodaru pine; and, after reducing them to fine powder, mix it with honey and thoroughly dry. ... A fumigation for fascination! A strangely sensual blend, exotic, compelling, and commanding, adapted from an incense recipe found in the venerable sex manual, the Ananga Ranga.

Lots of perfumey musk here, a sweet fruit, and incense. Quite dept. store perfumey at first, but dries to a sensuous incense with a touch of fruity musk. I like this, but it's not really my style. Nice to try though!

IN THE BOTTLE: Sweet and clean and a little aquatic.

Dabbed on wrist and in crook of arm.

WET: Quite lovely, actually. The floral element is mild and slightly unusual, perhaps because of the honey. Then, after about 30 seconds on my skin, the honey starts to amp and becomes quite spicy.

DRYDOWN: This turns into a really neat, slightly woody, light scent.

OVERALL: I probably wouldn't go through an entire bottle, so if I see people looking for it on their wish list would part with imps in swaps I think, but it's definitely a keeper for occasional use. JUST a little too sweet to be a regular scent.

On a scale of 1-5, about a 3.7.

Wet: Whoa. Fruit (apples?) and smoke, but not vetiver type smoke, more like candle smoke. Not getting incense, or honey, or sandalwood. It sort of smells like body odour now. Hmmm. Something in this isn't agreeing with me.

Dry: Fruit (it smells like apple to me) and smoke and sweaty skin? I don't know. I do know this one isn't for me! Glad to have tried it though.

I'd like to give my impressions of this one, but it doesn't really register on me for some reason. It smells like soft wood, figs, and incense in the imp and the bit I got on my fingers, but when I put it on my arm to test it just completely devoured it. Weird.

Chintamani-Dhupa (2013) is very pleasant sweet, fruity sandalwood incense on me. I'm not really getting any pine notes. It has no throw and only lasts about three hours on my middle-aged skin. I'm tempted to keep the imp because it truly is lovely, though I'm not sure how much I will wear it. It might be a good blend for wearing to yoga.