Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Dressed seductively and sumptuously, reclining in a bed strewn with glorious, sensual blooms, she awaits the arrival of her lover. Her breath is quick with anticipation, and her cheeks are flushed with passion: skin musk, wild orchid, champaca flower, amaranth, tonka bean, and French vanilla.

Oh how I hate being first!

First of all, I have to say that I don't know what half the notes smell like so I'm just going to go off my own personal description...

This is a sweet scent. The vanilla is fairly strong on me and I definitely can pick out the skin musk in the back. There's a hint of ripe fruit just ready to be bitten into, combined with a floral...not a white floral but still pretty light. There's a youthful element to the scent, this is a girl waiting for her first love to come along. Not fully experienced but not naive either. A sensual youthful scent, sweet but musky. I think I may be falling in love with it!...second bottle?

I was a little skeptical of this in the bottle - it was half good - ripe, juicy, fruits/florals - and half bad - I got a lavender vibe of all things.

On, after about 15 minutes it is just a blend of very sweet flowers with maybe a hint of herbs. Then it bloomed into a wonderful gardenia like scent on my skin. Love the tropical florals.

Edited by Tramp

This is so fruity on me it's almost a muted, skin musk-version of Fruit Moon. Not what I expected, but really, really nice, especially since I *love* Fruit Moon. I was thinking this would be a little smokier and creamier, what with the vanilla, tonka and champaca flower, and there is definitely a hint of that in the background. But mostly it is a soft, fruity vanilla with that 'guh' factor of skin muck to amp everything up.

caveat: I have a cold, so I probably shouldn't even be doing this to begin with, but I couldn't wait. I may edit this later if its remarkably different, but I hope not, because the way it is now, I think this may grow into a favorite.

this is really tropical fruity on me with some light tropical flowers in the background all laying on a bunch of skin musk..

now musk is pretty heavy on me but this is not bad.. its a creamy, light sort of musk.. quite perfume like and pretty.

all the elements blend together really well.

i smell pineapple, florals and vanilla. the orchid is soft, barely recognizable, but it's there. a layer of warm musk underlying everything else. a sweet, light tropical scent.

With the ingredients listed, I did not expect a fruity scent....but there it is.

Wet, I smell heavy florals with a touch of fruit. As it dries, the musk starts making itself known with a sweetness that must be the vanilla but it's tempered by the tonka bean so it's not a straight-to-your-nose vanilla. The fruit is definitely not from the champaca, which is barely a trace as with the orchid, and I didn't think amaranth really had a scent....maybe that's the fruitiness?

Anyway, it does tie together really well and there is a slight Fruit Moon tone to it without it being really fruity. It's very pretty and wearable and I'm glad I got a 5 ml, but probably won't be buying another (Proshitapathika on the other hand....)

I'm really liking these Ashtanyikas....I think I'll buy some more before they get discontinued......

Vasakasajja kinda smells like a cliche fruity-floral for me... the sort that has been springing up at department stores in full force over the last year. Orchid sometimes smells juicy and fruity on me, so perhaps that is the culprit. The fruit here smells something like mango on me though. Tropical fruit.

Tropical fruit with a clingy, perfumey musk and hints of sweet vanilla. It doesn't seem very original or unique to me. This isn't a bad scent by any means, it just seems very common to me and isn't something that I would ever really want to wear.

Juicy, sweet tropical fruits... perfumey musk... slight vanilla sweetness. Makes me feel nauseous and headache-y after a while (which is why I can't wear a lot of the usual department store offerings).

in the bottle: floral sweet, and a touch of something harsh. i am unsure what the harsh scent is i am detecting it is something i think is in undine...reminds me of that scent w/ flowery sweetness on top

wet:champaca, orchid. sweet floral incense.

as it dries, it is almost all floral orchid, not much musk, nor vanilla on me.

This is a beautiful scent: a light, tropical floral anchored by vanilla and skin musk. I'm not really getting any fruit from it at all. It has good throw - I wore it without knowing that the meeting I was attending was "no fragrances," and I had to sit with my coat collar pulled up around my chin and my wrists in my sleeves. lol! I don't think that worked very well - people kept sniffing and glaring at me anyway. Ah, bugger 'em. :P Vasakasajja was worth it! It made me feel pretty, even while getting the evil eye. That's a great scent!

It strikes me as very pink, in the same way as Pink Moon and a lot of the blends that contain strawberry are.

The orchid note can give me a terrible migraine, but in Vasakasajja the musk and vanilla keep it from taking over - as it dries down the florals recede and only the notes I love remain. It lasts for hours, as well. I'll wear this a lot, esp. in the summer. Now I can't wait to try the other Heroine scents!

I had to try this because I'm such a damn sucker for passion.

It's heaven. Truly. One of the most beautiful scents I have ever smelled. I like every single one of those notes (except amaranth because I don't know what that is), and the combination is fantastic. Orchid and champaca flower are both great -- not overtly floral and not heady either. The tonka and vanilla make it smell rich and smooth underneath. Something in it smells a little bit fruity and tropical (something that reminds me of pineapple), but not a lot, just enough to give it character.

This scent makes me feel feminine, strong, and confident. Wow. Incredible. I should wear this every day. I haven't been this bowled over by a floral scent in... well, ever. Perfect throw, too. This is going in my Top 10.

I now have this crazy desire to run around to each of your houses with my wrists held out demanding that you smell how good this is.

ETA: I should mention that I opened a second bottle of this and the scent of the second bottle is slightly different. It has something that smells a bit like that nail polish remover scent that a couple of people have mentioned. But the first bottle smells only lush and beautiful. I'm not sure if it's aging or just different batches.

Edited by filigree_shadow

VASAKASAJJA

In Bottle: Sexy floral

On Skin: The orchid stands out the most on me. Regal and freaking gorgeous. I love orchids and they are one of my favorite flowers. This scent is very feminine and very sweet. It is almost cloying, but never steps over that line, yay! The skin musk is soft and velvety and makes me want to nuzzle my wrist as usual… it always has that effect on me. The vanilla mixed with the orchid gives almost a gardenia feel to me, that beautiful milky floral. The scent has a tropical feel to it, lush florals that for some reason work on me. I’m not generally a floral fan, but the sweetness of the other notes cut any sort of sharp or sour tang that florals can have on me, I love this scent and will wear it often. It does make me feel like lounging in a bed of silk sheets with florals weaving a blanket over me. Very nice… Medium to strong throw with an average wearlength.

I have to say that this was the Heroine that I was looking forward to the most - and I was not let down. My experience with it went as follows: "Oooo...yum...oooh...wow"

Wet right after applying: Very vanilla/tonka/sweet/creamy/goodness

As it dries: the sweet & creamy slowly give way to blossoming tropical & exotic flowers. Once it dries, it is this beautiful exotic orchid that is softened with a sweet vanilla creamy background. It is wonderful. It isn't want I would call overly floral - it is like one single unified flower.

I do question a little its staying power & throw. When I first put it on, it seemed power enough, but now, 2 hours later, it's barely there. However, I was a bit light in applying it since I was heading out the door to work and didn't want to be stuck with something I hated strong all day long.

Final call: I am so getting my own bottle of this! :D :P

Wet, this is very juicy and sweet... almost berry-ish.

Dry: I love the champaca in this and it reminds me of Khajuraho quite a bit. Khaj however has a thick layer of honey sweetness while Vasakasajja is lighter and has more of a floral thing going on. The vanilla isn't as strong as I'd like it to be and I think I prefer Khajuraho for my champaca fix.

In the bottle, Vasakasajja is really an "oh, WOW" sort of fragrance. It's beautiful, round, bright, and intoxicating. Of all my new bottles, it was the scent I could hardly wait to try, because it smelled that good. On initial application and drydown, it's a fruity-floral exotic scent, with that incense undertone from the champaca flowers. I was tremendously excited. Then my body chemistry did its unfortunate thing and it became overwhelmingly sweet and berry-like. It changed so much from what it had been in the bottle and on first drydown, but that's typical of my body with fruity florals. :P For anyone who doesn't have a problem amping florals and fruity smells, and could retain that scent that I got on the first whiff, I am SO jealous of you, for this is a beautiful fragrance.

Edited by valentina

I really like this. When I first put it on it was surprisingly sweet and fruity, which is weird because of the notes. It actually reminds me a lot of Peony Moon in the beginning. As it dries down the vanilla comes out more. It's really beautiful, and usually I don't go for a lot of sweet and fruity scents.

It lasts longer than average too. :P

A beautiful scent which is just right for imagining the heroine reclining on her couch waiting for her lover. She would be draped in beautiful light, floaty fabric and adorned with nothing but this lovely perfume.

Vasakasajja is light, tropical floral with the silky-smooth musk underlying the scent and making it very nuzzleable. Underlying the scent and grounding it are the tonka and vanilla, both muted. I don't find the scent fruity, the rich ripeness that could be construed as fruitiness is definitely champaca and orchid.

This morphs and morphs, one minute the champaca is at the fore, the next minute a less sweet and rounded floral (the orchid or amaranth?) appears. The two interchange, but all the while the scent wafts and wafts. The throw is strong and I am really enjoying this scent.

Definitely some resemblance to Khajuraho, but more of a lighter, more sheer scent without the wood and honey that grounds Khaj and rounds it out.

I'm reckoning that Beth has done a fine job capturing the heroine waiting for her lover - she is full of anticipation, not yet fulfilled. This is definitely a scent to wear for seduction.

On me, this is a very light, very pretty scent. It's pretty in a adult kind of way - pretty, not cutesy. It's definitely passionate and sexy, but in a really light, happy, *pretty* way. I wore it to work and found it to be just right. I'm not usually a florals kinda girl, but I really enjoyed this scent. It fades quickly and wears very lightly, but might be perfect in my scent locket. Very nice.

straight sniff from imp is sweet, thick and floral...

once applied the floral blends swirl with the vanilla a touch...not much

vanilla at all but you can sense it is there...heavy and long lasting...

this is just a little over the edge for my likings....

In the imp - alarmingly, almost sickeningly sweet. Banana cream pie. Please no, I hate banana cream pie, I certainly don't want to smell like one!

Wet - the orchid immediately emerges along with a floral note I don't quite recognize that I think must be the champaca, turning it from unrelieved sweetness into consummate femininity. Still sweet but not foody at all, a little bit tart but smoothly sensual all at the same time. Wow, what a transformation!

Drydown: Becomes a little muskier and warmer, but stays somehow playful and clean, the vanilla never really evident on me AS vanilla, just as a velvety sweetness as it blends perfectly with the skin musk. It's sexy, but in a lighthearted flirtatious sort of way, not hot-and-heavy.

I SO didn't expect to love this, but I do.

In the imp, I can really smell the vanilla, orchid and skin musk, and to a degree, the champaca flower. Wet, it's still quite sweet and creamy and honeyed. But once it starts to dry down, I'm getting a scent that is almost gardenia-like. Maybe this is champaca and what I thought was this note, isn't? I'm not sure.

Anyhoo, gardenia is not my friend, so I will have to pass this one on. Luckily (for me) it didn't have super-strong staying power. It's a lovely scent, just not for me.

With these notes, how on earth does this smell so fruity? Must be the champaca flower...but I swear that I smell actual fruit.

This is far more sweet and tropical than I had imagined it being...I'm not sure if it's for me, but I like it.

Ohhhh I'm loving the Eight Heroines series :P

WET: Wet lush white florals, mingeled with tinges of tropical fruit (subtle fruit notes) It smells delicate and flirty

DRY: Skin musk florals, with the Champaca flower lending this a sexier air. Warmer, seductive... I am :D I will be getting another bottle or two, before this goes bye bye.

I cannot stop smelling my wrists....ummmmm

This is definitely my favorite blend from BPAL.... BY FAR! This is so gorgeous on my skin, I will have to buy many before it leaves! This starts off like Vanilla incense :D then it blooms with orchid, OMG... I cant even explain how beautiful. I am speachless, this never happens to me. This is true love, I wish I could wear this forever :P

I wish I had as good of a reaction to this as the rest of you. Darn florals! They just don't mix with me. When I first put it on (both tonight and when I tried it at will-call) it was a blast of skin musk which was more like sweat if anything. I get no vanilla either. Dang it! Upon drydown, it's mostly sweet florals with a hint of musk leftover.

*sigh* I lose.