Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heretic

Kataniya, the Clockwork Woman

Gentle flowers over hot metal, shocked to life with electricity.

Inside the imp, florals and metal.

On the skin, it's still a light floral with just a touch of metallic. No change from wet to dry stages.

Overall, meh. <_< Edited by angelicruin

LOVE!!! :wub2:

This scent is just what it describes: hot metal with florals and a "lightning" note.

Beth is genius. You'd think "hot metal would mean a gross metallic scent but it really it s very nice. I don't know how to describe it... It's a soft floral with with a sharpness to it. It works beautifully on me.

I hope everyone who reads this is able to get a decant at the very least.

Decant purchased from the almighty Amberite :wub:

In the bottle: Smells like Calvin Klein, or Davidoff Cool Water. Something like that.

On skin: Tangy aquatic floral

Drydown: Whoa my thumb smells like an old television! That slight electric charge and metal. My wrists have softened to a cross between that cool perfume scent and the taste of a cold metal spoon on the back of my tongue. A spicier scent peeks through, and I can almost picture the taste of copper coils. This melds into my skin, becoming the sky before a storm, a wrought iron fence- very nice. :D

Verdict: AMAAAAAAZING! Especially once my chemistry affects it. I am no man's property.

I've been waiting a LONG time to smell Kataniya and I just got a bottle of it in the mail today. :>

Even though I was waiting so long to finally try it out, it exceeded my expectations (which were not low to begin with).

I was hoping that Kataniya would smell like a metallic/electrical perfume, and it does, but it smells like a very expensive/refined perfume. I wasn't expecting that. I was pleasantly surprised. :>

Wet on my skin: It smelled extremely unisex at this stage, the metallic/ozone notes bringing in a cologney/masculine smell, while the florals made it more perfume-y.

Drying on my skin: It took a feminine turn at this point on. The floral notes came to the front, 'sitting' on the metallic/ozone note, which was cool in your throat, but hot at the same time to some of my other senses. I think this is why people say it's cool but hot at the same time. :> Even this early on, the florals smell very elegant/expensive, like a high-end perfume that you would think you couldn't afford. Like most people who reviewed Kataniya, I can't put my finger on any of the florals, but they're not tacky or overbearing. They're just really nice and elegant-smelling.

Dry on my skin, later: The electrical note began to show itself, intermingling with the rest of the notes, especially the metal notes. It made them smell like 'shocked metal', and added an ionic backdrop to the whole scent, kind of like an air-purifier. I found it really pleasant and it even helps me breath easier. :> The florals still stay refined at this stage.

Verdict: Kataniya was everything I was hoping for and more. I needed it for a project for a female robot character and it's perfect! I'm really pleased with it, and I'll really be enjoying my bottle. :>

Edited by Ragged

Looks like I'm the first to review 2016! I had the opportunity to test the original at a meet n' sniff and was so intrigued by it. I normally avoid metal and ozone notes, but this was really something else, so I had to get at least a decant of 2016.

Wet: For a moment this smells like a generic department store cologne. Then it smells like hairspray. THEN it starts to warm and bloom on my skin, and the magic happens. The sweet florals come out, and an aquatic ozone note that I actually enjoy. You can literally almost smell the electricity crackling in the air, it's uncanny. Beth is a bloody genius.

Dry: It smells like wet tropical blooms during an intense electrical storm. If you close your eyes and sniff, you can almost feel the wind whipping around you, the rain pounding down, the nervous excitement of waiting for the next lightning strike and following crack of thunder. Astoundingly evocative. The only aquatic OR metallic scent I have ever really liked. Extremely work appropriate, but still unique. I may have to hunt down more.

I was wary of all the reviews that mentioned cologne, but on me this is a very pretty floral with something a little sinister underneath. Definitely metallic, but not sharp or unpleasant.

Shifting into gears...

Wand: Well, I'm totally suggestible, and this fits the description. The tangy citrus ozone (an aquatic plus grapefruit and maybe a drop of orange?) and metal (um...) and flowers (uh...) are all there, and give an impression of lots of very blended components. This is mostly a soft floral, which I normally don't go for, but the metallic lightning draws me in without singeing off my face (always appreciated).

Wet: Tangy ozonic citrus atop a soft floral. Not much metal on me, alas, though a little of it hits on the end of an inhale. Chinese astrology tells me I'm metal, but this is a robot woman with bloody digits and something gross in a sack, and she doesn't look like she holds with such things. But I kind of want more metal and lightning, dayum.

Dry: Are the metal and lightning strengthening as the flowers fade? The citrus part of the lightning has drifted off, but I'm still getting an ozonic something here, and the metal is hanging in. Later, this goes... a little smoky? I was dreading it turning to powder, but it hasn't. I get a soft, sweet smoke. Nice, but faint.

I like this. This is a soft floral I'm pleased to do, which is saying something good for my least favorite scent category... but if I come across metal alone, I may add some. Can I hope for a "scrap metal" single note?

Old version.
Exactly what I was expecting, except that it's slightly more dim. Especially the metallic note. It's there, but more as a background note. Soft, pleasant florals. Too subtle for me as it just doesn't do well on my skin but it is unique and image-provoking.