Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Roses Ablaze

Metallic scents

Fighter lists steel and blood (I can't necessarily pick out the blood, but if it is there it's more likely to be a metallic blood rather than anything like red musk or dragon's blood) and it definitely has an aspect of cold gray metal to me along with leather. I don't want to smell like it, personally, but it's quite evocative.

The Ninth Cage, which I have not smelled personally, is said in reviews to smell of wood and metal (iron).

Torture Queen has metallic notes.

My favorite metallic scent is The Robotic Scarab. It really does smell like sun-warmed oils on a machine, but in a really nice way.

Macbeth and the Witches also has an awesome metallic tang to it. At some point my chemistry decided it hated that blend and I can't wear it anymore (almost pure ozone) but before it was beautiful warm leather, soft ozone and steel.

I also have to mention The Sword of Surtur. It fades into terrible ozone on me like Macbeth does, but while wet it's the most fantastic, realistic metal blend I've ever tried.

Personally I love Fighter but it's just pure hot leather with a very slight blood note (as in real, salty blood, not incense-y dragon's blood). That might come across metallic to some people but it doesn't react that way on my skin.

Bump! Anyone have any new, favorite metallic scents from the past few years?

I'm so sad that Tin Foil Hat was only made as an imp; it's my favorite metallic scent I've tried, and I don't even know what's in it!

I'm not a huge fan of metallic notes, but I liked Bard (which I loved because the honey amped up and drowned out the brass, so YMMV, lol), and Lead Phoenix, which I only had a tester of, but it was kind of plum-and-metallic. And Fortuna Dubia went metallic on a few of us for some reason, though there's no indication in the description.

Bump! Anyone have any new, favorite metallic scents from the past few years?

I'm so sad that Tin Foil Hat was only made as an imp; it's my favorite metallic scent I've tried, and I don't even know what's in it!

18 June 1860 is a good metallic with herby-lavender (as opposed to the soft-florally lavender).

The Black Tower's metallic note is an all-time favorite of mine. It's like a silver sword abandoned in an overgrown hedge-maze. John Watson has a nice metallic note as well, like a shiny golden brass.

The Neil Geiman Tarot: The chariot! Sucha gorgeous metal scent. I feel like I am sitting in a brass and silver chariot when I wear it. And it lasts all day!

Sign in to follow this