Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
slave1

Itasô Kansei Nenkan Jorô No Fûzoku

Osmanthus, white honey, ti leaf, hibiscus, and sugar cane.

I love hibiscus! I don't know that I'd smell this and think, "hibiscus," though. It just smells lightly fruit-floral to me, a little sweet. Very pretty.

The hibiscus and osmanthus team up to give the impression of some kind of bright, tart red fruit, so it opens much more fruity than I would have expected. The fruitiness fades a bit, and leaves behind a fresh, sweet green scent, like a combination of fresh sugar cane juice and fresh-cut grass, still with the general fruity-floral impression from the hibiscus/osmanthus flowers. Clean, green, tart and sweet. It has pretty good throw and smells very distinctive. It has certain similarities to Harikata (one of my favorites) but is much juicier/fruitier than that scent.

ETA: The review above was based on a decant. I got a bottle of this based on the decant, and it smelled quite different! Less green, more perfumey-honeyed; reminded me of Gennivre.

Edited by orata

Sugary/honey scents are almost always awful on me, but the tea notes save this one, and spectacularly, too!

I was tipsy at a friend's place the first time I ever put some of this on, and I loved it so much I was raving by the end of the night. It stays put for hours.

Thoughts before testing: Every note here is a win for me, and I have high expectations for this one.

Wet: A lovely blend of osmanthus and hibiscus. It's slightly fruity/floral but lovely.

Dry down: The honey and sugar cane are more prominent now and the whole thing is just a lovely sweet floral.

Dry: This is a really beautifully blended slightly sweet floral. I love this!

Final thoughts: I made a last minute panic order before The Salon came down so Iatso was a gamble. But it's pure win!

Verdict: Keeping the bottle!

I got this Salon imp thrown in with my recent Trading Post order - thanks Puddin and Goblins!

Wet: Wow, what a lovely sugary white floral! Soft and feminine and pretty. Not much throw though, and it's already fading. I can vaguely pick out the ti leaf, but I think I am mostly smelling the hibiscus and sugar/honey. The honey note in it isn't strong, it's just adding to the overall sweetness.

Dry: This is so pretty, and I so love sugary florals. But I do have a lot of them already, and the throw on this isn't great on me, and considering how difficult it would likely be to track down a bottle, I think I will pass this lovely frimp on to someone who might truly adore it

The osmanthus in Itasô Kansei Nenkan Jorô No Fûzoku is luminously pretty and soft. I get mostly osmanthus and white honey and sugar cane when wet, and on the drydown I smell what I think is the ti leaf and the hibiscus—there's a thread of something bitter and tart that sets the osmanthus off to advantage. This is a gentle floral that does run a bit sweet, in a way that I enjoy. Lovely!

This smells like what I call "Generic bpal". Mainly undefinable soapy smells with a hint of incense behind it (even though there's none listed). I'm going to chalk this up to aging badly, because back when I bought this imp fresh, it smelled more distinctive and you could pick out the notes. Guess aging doesn't always turn out well 😕

Edited by jiggahava