Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
slave1

Itasô Kansei Nenkan Jorô No Fûzoku

Osmanthus, white honey, ti leaf, hibiscus, and sugar cane.

This is a very interesting scent, I normally love osmanthus notes within perfumes, but I found it hard picking the note out. The honey effect here is similar to how its used in Faiza though not quite so heavy, it feels distinct.

Honeyed florals are a perfect description, I also found that Itaso isn't a sweet scent for me.
:)

Let me preface this by saying I have no idea what possessed me to want a scent so thoroughly not for me. Almost none of these notes play nice with my chemistry, sugar cane is the only note that might have worked.

In the imp: Soap. Floral soap.

On the wrist: Starts out all clean and fresh. Tea and citrus? Green and clean smelling.

Drydown: Powder. Awful, cruel powder. :P

Overall: I am not sure what madness I was in the throes of when I put this on my wishlist, but this one was doomed from the start. Swapped.

imp: i smell the tea most strongly with a hint on honey and sugar.

wet: the tea note is quite strong on me skin and is all i can smell while this is still wet.

dry: i can finally smell the hibiscus along with the honey and tea. soft and pretty.

It smells like an aquatic floral in the bottle, and on it smells like an Avon room freshener I remember as a kid. Cheap, overwhelming flowers. Not unpleasant, vaguely comforting because I remember my parents had this scent, but not what I was expecting.

sniff: i smell bath and body works' white tea and ginger, a nice enough smell but not from bpal, surely?

wet, wow - this is so much different out of the imp! the ti leaf is way in back. the whole scent is very soft and light. i cant smell so much of the different notes, except that hibiscus is in front. thankfully i cannot smell too much of the osmanthus, which i find too cloyingly sweet.

this is not a strong fragrance for me.

ETA: after another wearing, it seems tha tthe osmanthus has come out again with its screeching sweetness and making this too soapy and mega-sweet for me.

Edited by soonyi

In the bottle: Sweet, green-herbal, and light florals.

Wet: Sweeter, more floral, still herbal but less green-fresh. The honey and sugar cane are really lovely, as are the hibiscus and ti leaf - each coming out strongly and yet still distinctly - amazing! Hint of a mildly soapy floral.

Dry: A bit soapier, but tolerably so - it gets away as being 'fresh'. Honey and sugar cane are strong but not too sweet - lovely together, as in Gennivre, one of my faves. Hibiscus still strong; ti leaf has faded a wee bit, and overall this is fresher than it was wet, but less herbal.

Summary: Complex, slightly-sweet fresh herbal-floral, with sugar cane dominating but not overwhelming. In the end, a little oakmoss and musk even came out too! Happy goodness.

I have a bottle of this one. :P

This is a high-pitched, "white" scent. Very flowery. It's slightly on the commercial side. It's pretty when it's dried all the way down and has been on for a while, but for the first couple hours it's slightly too screamingly white floral for me. The honey tries to calm it down, I think, but overall it's a little too much for me.

Sharp white floral in the imp. And for some reason I am getting a peach note from this in the imp...not a sweet peach, but a fresh cut dry peach, that's a little sour...I dunno, this wasn't what I was expecting, but I'll see how it does on my skin.

Yah, this is a weird peachy/pear/white floral scent to me. Not as much honey as I had expected. I dunno. This isn't bad, but I'm not blown away by it.

It's nice on drydown, pleasant sweetish fruity floral, but it fades fast and is just kinda meh. Will pass this decant along.

When this goes on, this smells just like Johnson and Johnson baby wash!! I know, because I have a bottle of it in my shower, for my little nephew lol. It's clean but kind of soapy also. A touch of floral, but more of the soapy clean smell than anything. I think Queen Mab said it perfectly when she described it as being a "high pitched white scent"

Absolutely gorgeous overwhelming osmanthus tea. Mmmmm.

Osmanthus, for anyone who doesn't know, is a teeny yellow flower which is often added to teas just as jasmine is. It's got a strong, almost fruity aroma, reminiscent of pineapple or maybe peach, with a little bit of the acrid herbal smell of daylily. Here it's backed up by a really pure raw white honey, plus some mellow greenish things. I assume these are the ti leaf and sugarcane but if you'd asked me without the description I might have said it was bamboo or pandan. Hibiscus never shows itself.

Warm, cheerful, apricot-fuzz-coloured, a bit sexy. Quite lovely. I don't know if I'll ever wear it much, but I like it.

*looks at notes* Well, either osmanthus or hibiscus really doesn't do anything for me. I haven't encountered either before, so I am not certain which it is, but, I think it is amping on my skin. Oh, and the sugar cane amped, as well. I'm begining to notice a pattern of sugar cane taking over scents on my skin. Not good. There isn't enough ti leaf or honey to keep me interested. It's definitely not like any other BPAL scent I have tried so far, but half the notes are unfamiliar as well.

This is just wonderful. Soft honey and sugared flowers with a herbal hint of tea and no soap to be seen.

I really like this one. For some reason it reminds me of Ephemera, but without the "old lady floral" vibe that I got from Ephemera.

Yummy. An unexpected love (tea normally goes sharp and soapy on me).

In bottle/imp: A fruity, pine-like floral plus a hint of mint.

Immediately on skin: The first thing that hits me is the pine-y and slightly fruity note I get from osmanthus. Following that is a light powdery sweet scent which is the honey (bpal honey rarely behaves on my skin) and something herbal or minty. This is a refreshing pine floral mint scent with a hint of powder… very weird on me so far.

After a little while: This has turned a bit sour on me. It’s overly sweet now on my skin, with a very heavy floral note and a powdery pine/mint overtone to this. It’s lost the little complexity it had and just smells a bit sour now.

Overall Impressions: This scent is just wrong on me. After Harikata went wrong on my skin with it’s osmanthus and honey notes, I should have known this one might as well. This is an odd scent… the osmanthus is strong and very sweet with a bit of a pine feel to it, and then the honey blends in as a very powdery note and everything is covered in a weird cool or minty concoction. It’s hard to describe but I definitely do not enjoy this.

in vial: sweet, kind of soapy

wet: smells like sweet rice wine. not what I was expecting still very soapy.

dry: many of the the salon blends smell identical to me even though different notes are listed. This one smells like Lanter Ghost and Spirit of...Tree. Drydown is light, sickly sweet and a little soapy. Not what I was looking for.

this does smell like tea, or more ice tea ^_^

happy cold summerish tea.. :heart:

I like it a lot, also the label~art is pretty cool!

sugarcane is making this scent very playfull, almost in a childlike way

but it sure cheers you up and I can imagine wearing this on a hot summernight,

sitting outside enjoying the fresh breeze coming from the gardens somewhere in Asia :laugh:

Edited by lunaticana

Ok. So, the whole 'light floral' thing is not my usual cup of tea. I somehow found a very tiny partial bottle of this from a forumite, and it crept its way, all unassuming and sneaky, and then one day on my way running out to work, it was the only bottle I saw and I had to make a snap decision. Dabbed on neck, wrists, and out.

Oh my god, does this scent blossom. It sits lightly against the skin like a veil of lightly warmed, sweet and tender blossoms, rustling silks and lightly dappled fabrics wafting in a breeze scented with a light kiss of honey. It's osmanthus heaven. It's an exotic scent merging the beautiful astringency of tea without the sharpness, accentuated by a touch of powder... that is not talc-y in the least, melded and fitted delicately and countering the brisk sweetness of the honey.

In the drydown it keeps a sweet astringency. So, this is like bright honey powder infused with osmanthus, which having had tea infused with osmanthus in the past, this is a beautiful execution of the flower.

Holy crap, I think I just described myself into needing a bottle of this eventually when I burn through this tidbit.

In the vial this smells a little bit aquatic, which I didn't anticipate at all.

On the skin it smells like very expensive soap for about 45 minutes, then it warms up to a soft, sweet and, oddly enough, warm scent that stays rather close to the skin. Mostly honey-ed tea.

Verdict: The dry down is quite lovely, although it doesn't quite match up to Gennivre to me.

Umm, Edo era prostitute getting tattooed perfume...whaaa?! Count me in!! I knew I had to had to had to have this without a doubt just based on the artwork and the theme (I love Japanese woodblock prints, edo-era culture, and I also really love tattoos!) However, the previous reviews in this thread lead me to use my better judgment and try a decant first rather than impulse buying a bottle, because I've had not such good luck with that lately.

But, this pleasantly surprised me. I don't find it cloying, even though I can't really do a lot of sugary sweet scents, and this blend definitely falls into that category. There is something a bit...citrus-like smelling, that is really helping to cut some of the sweetness...it's not citrus, though...Hibiscus? Osmanthus? I don't have any previous frame of reference with those two notes, so I'm not sure what it is that is jumping out at me, but I will say that this blend is refreshingly complex. I had anticipated that it would be far more simple based on the notes listing.

My boyfriend adds his two scents and says that this is "delicate and sweet but comforting, and a bit flowery but not too flowery." I concur. This would be a great late spring into summer scent...

Bottle!

:heart:

Hello there, pretty perfume! I haven't had much luck with the otehr lighter Salons, but this is fantastic. Very reminiscent of Gennivre one of my top 10. Light, almost rice wine sharpness softened with sugar.

I’ve had really good luck with the Lab’s Asian blends (that don’t have my allergies—sandalwood or incense in them), so I decided to give this lady a try.

In bottle: a sharp, sweet floral

Wet: very sweet floral. A touch of honey, but mainly I’m getting hibiscus.

Drydown: Osmanthus coming through now! Very floral. In the bottle it was almost too sharp, but on me it seems to calm down. Extremely sweet.

Later: Lasted a few hours. Very lovely scent—with the flowers, I’d probably wear it more in the summertime.

This is definately from the same scent family as Hungry Ghost Moon and Tamamo No Mae. Well isn't that a no-brainer? :blush: But what I mean is that it smells incredibly close to both of those scents which I found to be quite similar to each other as well. I would call this a slightly sharper Tamamo. If you love those scents you're in luck with this GC sibling. Unfortunately though the association means that this one also doesn't work for me. What is it about popular blends which all hate me?

On me it just dries down to powdery ick...Tamamo is that you?....followed shortly after by the faint waft of peanut butter...yes honey you do that sometimes. :( If only I actually got osmanthus and hibiscus... :cry2:

Revisted - thought I might try this one again since you know I'm hopeful. But alas it's the honey that stomps all over it with steel capped boots. For reasons I don't get at all honey goes to vile powder on me and then does the peanut butter thing. The florals and Ti never had a chance in this one. Just like flower moon I smell like I've been talc'd to death and rubbed over with potpourri.

Edited by HamletsKeeper

In the imp, this is mostly green. Like cut stems. Not really great to my nose, but I wanted to give it a fair shot.

This completely changes once it's on my skin. Now it's very floral (the flower part, not the stem) with a sweetness behind it. The sweetness is more the honey on my nose, not the sugarcane. I also get a hint of something fruity, like apples.

This would definitely be a wonderful summer scent. I'm just not completely sold on it. It is beautiful, but nothing strikes me as amazing. 3/5 stars and I'd potentially be on the lookout for a partial bottle.

I can't quite put my finger on this blend. It's definitely powdery but I am having a hard time identifying anything in it. All I know is that it smacks you in the face with its sassy floral self before settling down into something elegant and serene.

I really like it. A lot.

Ok, so here's my spin on it:

The osmanthus and white tea simulates the feeling of clarity and pinpoint focus through pain. (I'm not a pain junkie by any means.. I hate it. I'm just recognizing it here.. I prefer to sit for a tattoo 1st thing in the morning while I haven't even finished my coffee. Full senses.. It's a feeling that comes on quickly and stays in my nostrils for a while.) There's also a clean element making me think of green soap diluted with water... Odd! I really like the white honey, hibiscus, and sugar cane notes. Nice representation of the prostitute. When I 1st got the imp pack, this one had the strongest impression on me. I was really surprised that Beth got it so dead on (but then after a second, I wasn't that surprised. hahahaa). Overall, this is mind clearing, energizing, slightly unsettling (I hates the needles), and sweet. Very impressed!

Edited by SophieCedar

I'm so glad someone else smelled a similarity to Ephemera! I actually love Ephemera, but where Ephemera is more high-end perfume, this is more representative of a Japanese Spring bottled... I'm not sure how they do it, but I am grateful!!!

Edited by Shollin
Removed Lab description