Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
slave1

Itasô Kansei Nenkan Jorô No Fûzoku

Itasô Kansei Nenkan Jorô No Fûzoku, Wada hori Yû.

Osmanthus, white honey, ti leaf, hibiscus, and sugar cane.

In Bottle: Soapy floral

On Skin: Oh no, this scent didn't turn out on me like I was hoping. The florals are amping on my skin to an extreme. The ti and hibiscus are very fragrant and very cloying on me. The osmanthus is also a strong floral but with a tea note. Very sharp and when mixed with the other florals I get a very soapy scent from this blend. I can smell the honey, but it is light, too light to sweeten the scent even with the help of the sugarcane. All in all this scent makes my eyes water and is far too sharp and sour for me. It is very white in tone and has an Asian feel. For fans of BPALs most recent Asian themed Lunacy's this is a must try for you. Strong throw and long wearlength.

This isn’t really my type of blend. I'm not normally a fan of honey, tea or sugary scents, and as much as I like hibiscus tea, I don’t care for hibiscus notes for personal fragrance. The osmanthus is most definitely the strongest note – very green, pungent, and almost herbal (but not quite). The honey keeps the green note from being overly-aromatic, and is actually a nice, mild note. The rest just smells like sweetened iced tea to me, and makes me think of summertime. While I would love to walk through a garden that smells like this, it’s not appealing to me at all as a perfume; however, I have a feeling that people who tend to be drawn toward the Asian-inspired scents, especially those that are fresh, light, and tea-based, would really enjoy this. It is lovely, it’s just not for me.

I was expecting something light, clean, and sweet from this one… but it’s rather sharp and heavy to me at first. Very sharp, perfumey floral notes with a soapy undertone. I thought that the honey and sugar would sweeten this up, but I'm not smelling any honey or sugar. Hyper florals with a dish soap drydown, and it all smells very white and cutting on me. My skin chemistry hasn't agreed with many of the Asian themed blends, so I guess I'm not too surprised.

After an hour or so of wear, this is just a light hint of soap on my skin with a slight tinge of sweetness. I like this barely here stage more than the aggressive opening stage, but I don't think I'll be holding on to this one or wearing it again.

"Itaso Kansei Nenkan Joro No Fuzoku" means "The Appearance of a Prostitute of Kansei Era"

-also entitled "Pain". I think she is getting a tattoo?

My reaction: Ohhhhh. Ahhhhhhhh.

Sweet but not too sweet. Just a smidge of something suggesting tart in an herbal sort of way. Very soothing and refreshing.

I don't think there's citrus in here but there's something that gives this a nice, friendly brightness.

PERFECT for warmer weather. Actually perfect for a dreary midwinter day like today.

This draws you in. It doesn't speak loudly and it's not as profound a scent as some of the other Salon's I've just sampled. But it has a healthy, approachable quality.

Big bottle.

Addendum, how this perfume relates to the artwork? Perhaps its the courtesan's perfume. perhaps something to sooth her?

Edited by Heavenlyrabbit

In the imp: Light, clean floral.

Wet: Same as the imp sniff. It smells a little bit cologney... no wait, I think that's my husband's Vicomte de Valmont wafting over from the other end of the couch. Hmmm, no, it's definitely coming from this one. It has that clean fresh almost aquatic smell that I usually associate with cologne, I think that's why it reminds me of a man's fragrance.

Dry: This is only very lightly floral on my skin, and it's a good floral. Not the cloying heady kind, just light and floaty. Does sugar cane smell more reedy than plain sugar does? There's something here that makes me think of something reed-like that's growing in water.

This is very pretty, it's the light sweet kind of floral that I like. Whatever it is making this smell kind of dewy is a nice touch, too. This will be great to wear in the spring. It smells fresh and clean -- it's one of the scents I like to describe by saying "It would be impossible to be in a bad mood if you're wearing this." (Kitsune-Tsuki is in that category too... I guess I like the Japanese-themed florals.)

Very green and floral with alot of sweetness. The strongest note for me is the osmanthus, with the honey and sugar making it overly sweet.

In the bottle it smells really nice but the second it's on my skin is smells like stereotypical "girl" perfume. I think this is a very pretty scent but it just doesn't work well on me.

For the record this is the first asian-themed scent that hasn't worked for me. :P

This is heaven in the bottle. Just my favorite kind of scent, light white florals, with a hint of sweetness.

Alas, my skin apparently takes osmanthus, says: "close enough to rose!" and makes soap. No honey, no sugar cane, nothing but "might as well be rose" soapsuds.

After about an hour, it settles down somewhat into a beautiful light floral, but still with no hint of the honey I was so looking forward to. After about seven hours, I finally get a hint of honey, but so faint that I have to press my nose to my wrists to smell it.

I'll try this one again to see if the soapy stage was just a fluke, because the florals are lovely indeed.

Edited by Wench457

This smells like a perfume that I've used before, but I can't remember what it is. It's very classic smelling, a "floriental" blend.

It's lightly floral and slightly spicy and, above all, perfumic. I don't really know what I'm smelling because I'm not familiar with any of the notes listed here on an individual basis. If I had to wager a guess, I'd say it's either the osmanthus or the hibiscus.

This is really gorgeous, I am in love. :P

In the bottle: strong, nearly cloying floral.

On my skin: eek, soapy floral plus honey. It doesn’t make a very nice mix.

After a couple of hours: still heavy floral. Very perfumey.

Verdict: not me at all.

This one smells just as I thought it would- a light tea scent with hints of hibiscus and osmanthus. It is a very delicate blend, yet manages to have super lasting power and a bit of throw. I am so glad that there is a scent like this because hibiscus tea is one of my favorite beverages and this scent is quite reminiscent of that. In its final dry stages this scent sweetens up a lot- the honey seems to move more to the forefront- this stage reminds me a bit of Hungry Ghost Moon in feel (not in exact scent, though!)

An absolutely perfect blend for summer, and a must for people who love Asian inspired scents!

Ummm....where's the honey? And the sugarcane? Don't get me wrong, this is a lovely scent, just not what I expected.

It's actually almost entirely florals, and they smell very fresh and wet. There's a sharpness about this blend, but I don't mean that in a negative way. It's more of a bracing, uplifting feeling perhaps.

I agree with other reviewers who've said that this would be excellent to wear during the summer. I'll be holding onto my imp and testing it again once the weather gets warmer.

In the bottle - The clean green scent of the osmanthus.

Wet on me - Sweet green and powdery. Close to my skin it's all hibiscus, but the waft is fresh lemonade.

Dry on me - Mostly a green floral that smells to me of air freshener, but it does finally dry down to a soft sweet pale musky sort of scent with a touch of honey.

Overall - I wanted to love this scent, but it just didn't work out on me.

In the imp: pretty honeyed flowers and a hint of sugar cane juice.
Wet on skin: beautiful honeyed floral nectar!
Dry: this is so beautiful! The honey is the most prominent note, and it’s a gorgeous liquid honey which is sweet and soft and much paler than the usual ‘golden-toned’ honeys. The sugar cane also helps to sweeten the scent more, and it smells just like juice from the cane, warmly sweet but not cloying-sugar cane is a ‘fresh’ sugar scent. Underneath are the gorgeous floral notes of hibiscus and osmanthus, but for once, the osmanthus isn’t dominating like it sometimes does…indeed, the osmanthus here is like the one from Queen Mab. There’s something about this which reminds me of Hungry Ghost Moon, probably the ti and sugar cane (I think the ti is causing a slight herbal-green scent here?), in fact, this smells like a cousin of Honey Moon, Gennivre and HGM.
After a while: the osmanthus here is unusually subtle! It doesn’t show off like it does in Brides of Dracula and Kindly Moon, instead it stays hidden behind the ti leaves (which smell cool and freshly green, almost like a cross between moss, cucumber and aloe), the honey and sugar are still the main notes of this scent. I love the gentle honey and sugar-juice scent here, with a hint of crisp hibiscus coming through. This is sweet and delicate, dewy and fresh, honey and sugar with a watery coolness. It stays as a delightful light sugary honey fragrance, and warms up a touch. It really does remind me of the drydown of Gennivre now, but with a softer, less sharp honey note. The sugar cane note is really beautiful in here right now.
Verdict: it seems the recent bunch of Japanese scents are working very well on me-first Bakeneko, then Lantern Ghost, now this. I don’t get soap or designer perfume at all from here, I don’t even get too much floweriness-just the most gorgeous scent of honey drizzled over and sugared flowers, with a touch of cool greenness. I adore this new ‘white honey’ note that Beth is using, it is sweet and soft, a gentle honey which isn’t as sharp as the one in O, for example, it is almost like a honey nectar. This sweetness is enhanced beautifully by the sugar cane, a wonderfully fresh and juicy sugar note which isn’t overwhelming or too foody. These are the dominant notes, sweet fresh honey and sugar cane juice, with a soft floral undertone (with surprisingly subtle osmanthus-this note usually is very ‘loud’ on me) and a hint of cool, green ti leaf adding a little more freshness. This honey scent is elegant, light, and beautiful-this is definitely one I’m getting a bottle of for the warmer months. One of my new favourite honey scents.
Emoticon rating: :wub2:
Is it a keeper? Yes! This is a wonderful summer scent, I think.
If you like this, try: Lantern Ghost of Oiwa, Hungry Ghost Moon, Kindly Moon, Gennivre, Brides of Dracula

In the imp, honestly, this smells like woods and lavender to me. Wet, it takes on a softened quality but still reminds me of lavender. Must be the floral notes. Drydown, this takes on a purpleish scent and retains the woods and (to me) lavender. Sadly, I'm not getting a honey note at all. I love honey. That said, I'm only basing this on one swipe of the imp wand, as I'm in a sniff circle and don't want to be greedy. I don't think I would get a full bottle of this, but it's very nice and I will definitely try to score and imp!

at first: a bitter, almost citrrussy floral.

on: floral and fresh.

1 hour later: a powdery floral.

3.5 hours later: still a powdery floral.

7 hours later: a sweet scent.

overall: this is pretty, but i'm not really into honey / floral scents.

A gentle honey floral. Too gentle for me, I thought at first. But it's very very pretty; it reminds me of a less zesty Al Araaf, and as the day goes on, I find myself loving it more and more. It has great scent longevity, too. I may eventually have to buy this.

This definitely has honey in it.

At the beginning it was very floral and aromatic.

After about 30 minutes, the honey note seeps out alot more. There is a very sweet scent between the honey and the sugar cane.

Verdict: Not crazy about this scent. It's a very sweet floral on my skin. And by floral I mean BIG. I wonder if its the osmanthus or hibiscus.

At first this is honeyed tea - delish! The tropical florals start to weave their way in, still lovely mind you, but not quite so me. This is definitely a blend for someone who loves flowers as much as they love honey.

Wet: Dewy and herbal.

First on: This is just so much more herbal than I was expecting; I was expecting floral. It's also sweet, with a sort of watery quality.

Dry: As it dries, it does indeed get a bit more floral, but also a touch sweeter. Not in a cloying syrupy sugar way. I don't know what white honey is like, but I'm getting the vibe that it's lending a nice light sweetness.

It's gorgeous in a way I can't describe, but it's so light and subtle with so little throw that I'm not sure how much I can enjoy it without slathering on tons of it or permanently sticking my wrists up to my face. :P

Rating (on skin): 4/5

Summarised in a few words/smilie: Tea

In the imp: Lemonade?

On skin, wet: Lemonade! I can't explain, but nor can I shake it. A sweetened, herbal lemonade with a drop of honey. Strangely, this isn't lemony.

On skin, dry: It vaguely reminds me of a less-lemony Embalming Fluid, which isn't a bad thing. As it dries and wears, the honey grows thicker, and a bit sweeter. By the end, it's less lemonade, more sweet tea. A touch floral, but not overwhelmingly so.

Conclusion: Subtle, sweet without being cloying, and floral. A lovely scent, and, while one I wouldn't wear daily, one I just might snag a bottle of to wear once in a while.

My skin tends to amp honey, though I think with this 'white honey' note, it's to a lesser degree, so what I have is a delicious, sweetened tea scent that is OMG just the slightest hint of fruity goodness.

My rating: 5/5. This is definitely going to be a Big Bottle Buy.

Origin: decant bought on LJ

Initial Thoughts: It sounds like a light and pretty floral.

In the Bottle: Weak herbal tea.

Wet: A blast of grassy notes.

Drydown: The sweet comes out along with some high herbal notes. But it's also very strangely over-the-counter perfumey.

Verdict: Nice, but it isn't grabbing me by the throat and demanding to be worn.

Purchased from clover :D

In the imp: *swoon* Oh, bliss. The gentlest floral honey, plus oh-so-delicate tea. The honey in this is different from BPAL's regular honey note, but so very good.

Wet on me: The honey is getting a little stronger, but still delicate and sweet. There's just a whisper of fruitiness.

Dry on me: More perfume-y now; smelling less like something I would drink. Perhaps a little bit of sharpness to it that stops just short of being soapy. Still wonderful!

Sweet, delicate, silky; I know this is inspired by a Japanese print (painting?) but it puts me right back in China, wandering through the gardens of Suzhou and admiring the incredible water lilies on the West Lake in Hangzhou. Or were the gardens in Hangzhou and the lake in Suzhou? I always get them mixed up. Whatever, you get the idea.

This scent actually makes me cry. It's that beautiful and evokes so many happy memories for me.

:P

In the imp: sweet airy floral.

On me, wet: very sweet, very delicate floral. very fresh and green florals, at that.

On me, dry: still a very light airy floral, with a sort of nectarish honey.

Verdict: very pretty. perhaps a bit too wispy for me, though.