Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
magpiedee

The Unicorn

A misty, almost luminous perfume: wispy linden blossoms, white flowers, and a touch of sweet herbs.

I got this as I was working my way through trying the Mad Tea Party set thinking it would be light and fresh smelling.

I think I'd like it, if it would stay on me more than five minutes. It faded absurdly fast on my skin and the scent just wasn't strong enough for it to stay on my mind the way other scents like White Rabbit did.

Perhaps flowery purity just isn't my thing? :P

I had a couple of imps of this laying around from a few years ago, so I decided to give it a try.

Just after applying, it's grassy, watery, fresh. A bit soapy, in a good way.

After a few hours, the soapiness is gone and I'm left with a nice grassy/herbal floral. Sweet yet earthy and subtle. I'd like to try this one again. Kind of sad I missed out on it while the Lab was still making it, because it's definitely one I'd consider bottle-worthy.

In the bottle - A soft green floral note

Wet on me - The herbal notes begin to come through amongst an almost cottony floral

Dry on me - A slightly soapy green floral

Overall - Really not for me

wispy linden blossoms, white flowers, and a touch of sweet herbs.

I'm not sure yet what i'm expecting from this one, and considering it's discontinued, I'm a little on the fence on whether I hope I like it or not.

In the imp: My nose is a little stuffed, but I'm getting little to no scent out of the imp - which I'm assuming means that this is a very light scent. Or that the tiny bit of lemongrass-heavy Namaste that spilled on my finger when I was showing it to my mom is overpowering it. But I can't really smell that, either unless I hold my finger up to my nose. And the imp was a lot closer when I sniffed it. What I am getting is both aquatic and floral.

Wet on skin: herbal, floral and aquatic. This is the same as before, except for an almost lemony edge to it. It's soft, like white musk, though.

Dried down: Well, this just about disappeared into my skin. There's a faint scent of flowers and that aquatic note, but I'm barely getting it, even if I sniff my wrists.

Throw: Just about none.

Verdict: *** I think I may need to give this one a second try. After my mom noticed my imp box, I got a little distracted by showing her some of the scents, and I think they might have overpowered what was seeming like a very lovely scent. But for the time being, it almost smells like there's nothing on my wrists, even when I sniff them. I don't like my perfume to be very strong, but this is a little too faint for me.

This one has a light floralness about it, but nothing too distinct, actually. As it dries down, it gets sweeter and sweeter on me (could be the sweet herbs?), and I am liking it a lot.

It is indeed a very wispy sort of scent, very light and fae-like, and it doesn't have much throw.

I am glad I have a little imp, because it truly is a beautiful scent, but I also (luckily) don't need to hunt down a bottle, because it's a little too light for me to want to wear regularly. I WILL treasure the imp, though.

I couldn't capture a way to describe this until I reread the description and wispy is perfectly describable. It is there, but in and out, very white and green, a really good summer scent - I just can't get over how the lab manages to capture things like "wispy" so well.

I was pleased to get this discontinued frimp to try.

On the wand, sometimes I get wispy, cottony flowers and faint white powder. At other times, it’s mostly aquatic.

On my skin, this is extremely light when wet. Just tinges of green aquatic and white floral notes. There’s a fleeting powder impression. As this begins drydown, I start to get more of the powdery white floral than the green aquatic, but all remains faint. Once dried, it’s not as powdery, and not aquatic at all anymore. Just a barely there cottony white flower impression.

Wispy is right! Unicorn is the palest spring floral, like dew on a misty meadow. My skin is like bright sunshine. The dew doesn't stand a chance. I'm delighted that I got to try this, but my skin chemistry obliterated it within 15 minutes.

I've had this imp for years as part of collecting all of the Mad Tea Party scents in some amount, but I only just got around to trying it. :ack: 

The Unicorn is a pretty, clean white floral scent brushed with herbs. I can't isolate which floral notes I'm smelling along with the linden blossom (which I recognize from Boober), but none are indolic. I am also not able to decipher which herbs are cozying up to the florals (helpful, I know). It reminds me of a dainty white summer dress getting ruffled by a gentle summer breeze.

It's not something I need to hunt down more of (phew!), but the imp is a keeper (well, it would be anyways just for Mad Tea Party collection purposes :P ).