Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Bea-Bea

Recommending a BPAL pumpkin blend...

Slightly off-topic, but of all the pumpkins in the world, Samhain's my favorite - I liked 2006 the best of the ones I tried, but '09 is OK, too! I just didn't see it mentioned anywhere in here, and that's sad.

Edited by LadyMedb

First off, let me say I scrolled through all 23 pages of rec's and couldn't find anything about this so if I had a brain fart and just missed it, I apologize. Not meaning to be repetitive.

OK! So I'm looking for a blend thats fresh baked Pumpkin Pie. I have a bunch of the Pumpkin blends from previous years, and Pumpkin Latte from this year (which I'd bathe in daily, if I could!) but nothing that gives that buttery, nutmeg and cinnamon pumpkin pie with cool whip on top scent. Jack is nice, and one of my faves, but that comes off as more peachy than pumpkin pie. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Edited by SweetMystique

I may have to think on this pumpkin pie question a little bit more - I haven't pulled out all my pumpkin-y stuff yet because we still are having some warm days in the South. I'm thinking that layering may give you the effect you really want more than a single scent, though. The most baked-good, edible pumpkin scent I've tried is Pumpkin Cheesecake, but it does have those creamy notes that make it cheesecake instead of pie. The Pumpkin I scent from the 2005 & 2006 Pumpkin Patches - pumpkin w/apple and mulling spices - has a lot of spicy pumpkin dessert feel for me, so layering it with something that gives you a little buttery vibe might work. A pumpkin blend layered with Lambs-Wool might be an option too. I get a lot of creamy, dessert spices from it.

I haven't tried Pumpkin Pie Bath Oil from the Trading Post, just sniffed it, but it definitely hit the mark - and reviewers seem to love it. I like to use the bath oils as after-shower moisturizers and they usually give me a lot of scent. So whatever you might want to try, using it for a base might be a good start. Or you might even find that you get enough scent from it to suit you.

Thank you!! I have some Pumpkin Cheesecake on its way that I'm really excited for even though its not Pumpkin Pie. I love the warm bakery scents this time of year. I'm going to try to get my hands on a decant of the Bath oil as well :) Thanks! :heart:

Have there ever been any blends with a fresh, possibly squashy kind of pumpkin note, instead of a spicy pie note?

I have Jack, Pumpkin Latte and Pumpkin Patch V 2007. I want to purchase the following Pumpkin Patch 2012 secnts: II, III and V. Do these 2012 weenie pumpkin patch scents smell like the pumpkin scents i already own? Are they worth purchasing ???

Is there some other pumpkin scents that are similar to Bliss in the Pumpkin Patch that I could get in a full bottle? I love the pumpkin note in it... :yum:

Ok pumpkin fiends. Necro bumping this to request anything like a pumpkin donut perfume?

If you can find it the PP42005 prototype, which is very similiar to Pumpkin Queen, amber, vanilla, spices - but with a more foodie vanilla caramely-ness to it ...

Edited by maudlinrose

Bumping this because I have fallen in love with Needle in A Haystack (hay absolute, sun-baked pumpkin rind, twisting vines, and the tiniest sparkle of gleaming metal). Since it was only ever available in imp form as a gift with purchase from what I understand, I would really like to find something close to it to replace it that I can get a whole bottle of. I love the lab's pumpkin, buttery or no, but I've tried Jack and it's too sickly-sweet for me. I adore the hay absolute note and just snagged the current lunacy for it, but I'm dying for something in the same family of warm, happy pumpkin. Any thoughts?

Have you tried Pumpkin Vines? It came out a few years ago. I think, maybe that layered with just a touch of Hay Moon might be close to what you're looking for?

Have you tried Pumpkin Vines? It came out a few years ago. I think, maybe that layered with just a touch of Hay Moon might be close to what you're looking for?

Thank you, I'll see if I can find some Pumpkin Vines! That sounds lovely. I'm trying to hold off on Hay Moon until I get this month's lunacy, because it might have the hay note I want in it. If not, Hay Moon it is.

Good luck! Please let me know what you think when you try it? I'm always curious to see if I'm close :-)