Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heavenlyrabbit

The Temptation

An expression of love, adoration, and desire, of beauty that transcends mortal desire and piques the interest of hell itself: attar of rose, calla lily, palmarosa, peach blossom, wisteria, rice flower, and black musk.

Temptation? Yes, because it sinks into my skin immediately/ I get absolutely nothing after 5 minutes - my skin eats it up. Sigh.

In the imp, I'm getting rose, lily, peach blossom, and wisteria. On my skin, this is peach blossom and wisteria. Hrm. Ends up being a lovely, light peach blossom and wisteria scent, going onto a full skin test.

Edited by Venneh

Wet: peach blossom, palmarosa, and wisteria are strongest. I can also smell rice flour. I can't believe it's dominating the attar of rose! This is creamy and fruity with elegant florals underneath.

Drydown: Peach blossom obscured the black musk, which is usually only notable in the wet phase and burns off quickly. This stays as a creamy floral peach. Similar to La Vague however the floral combination makes this brighter and more sparkly. My skin amps anything peach, so I'm interested to see how it fares on others. Fades quickly unfortunately. But, considering the notes, I didn't expect it to hang around very long.

mm yes this is perfect for summer,very floral an sweet just the way i like it :yum:

this goes straight on my wishlist

Edited by lucifera

Rose and peach blossom are the strongest notes right after application. As it dries, I get more of a green floral vibe from this scent...and I don't get any of the black musk.

In the imp I get a lovely and tempting (ha) floral mix, mainly the rice flower and wisteria, I think.

On wet it turns into a sort of sweet vague floral, I can't distinguish any rose (surprisingly as rose always goes crazy on me) or peach and definitely, absolutely no musk.

Dry down is the same as above but just fades into nothingness into a few hours.

It's nice, but nothing to write home about.

I really like this one! The Temptation is mostly peach blossom on me and a soft floral - perhaps from the wisteria or rice flower. I don't get any rose or calla lily, but I can smell the black musk in the background. This is very light and refreshing, and very flirty. The first time I tired this it didn't stand out to me, but the second time I loved it! I reminds me of my other favorite -Fae, because of the peach but this is lighter, less musky and more floral. I think that I may have to get a bottle of this one. :wub2:

This was a frimp from the Lab and the notes didn't jump out to me at first for some reason.

Wet - Fresh, white floral. I can smell the lily, slightly soapy but not full-on sudsy soap.

Drydown - Here comes the PEACH! I so love BPAL's peach notes (Gods of Intercourse, especially). There's an astringent note behind the juicy fruit, blooming into the sweet, damp rose in attar of rose and slight dustiness of the palmarosa. The black musk must be giving the little bit of dirt specks in the scent. Reminds me so much of one of my closest friends, a little bit of juicy fruits and a little hippie patchoulli/resin dirtiness underneath.

Dry - OMG, yes! Reminds me so much of the feel of Imp with the juicy fruit and resinous backdrop with a light floral middle-note. The black musk gives plenty of deepness to balance out the juicy sweetness. Minor throw, but beautiful.

It's one of those scents that works better hours after application, than in the bottle. It resulted in a well coordinated peach blossom and musk mixture that lasts forever, though the rose scent is a tad strong. I swear I can pick out traces of jasmine too, which I disliked. Overall though, one of the better floral scents.

Lab fresh imp! Thanks labbies!

In the imp...smells like apple to me...sadly a touch chemically like Apple of Sodom was for me.

On wet...hmmm...still appley, but not chemical. After a tiny wait I do note the peach blossom, which is quite nice and juicy.

On dry...maybe some floral notes, not getting hardcore rose, like I usually do with attar of rose. Still appley, I have no idea what is causing that note, but it smells very much like apple blossoms on theb

ranch.

This is nice, but too feminine for me. Off to someone who will love it. If I wasn't trying to brutally downsize my imps I'd keep it, but I just don't see myself reaching for it often enough.

Btw, that chemical note never comes back, wet to dry is nice and smooth and sweet.

Edited by Wren12

In the imp, this smells exactly like hot, fresh peaches on a summer's day. Slightly over-ripe ones that are starting to go a little past, but they're still delicious and aromatic and all encompassing.

On, the sweetness dies down - it's not over-ripe anymore - but it's still just endless juicy fruit.

Imp: Peaches, pine trees and white flowers.

Wet: Heavy, ripe peaches, pale delicate flowers, rice milk and just a tiny tiny breath of the weird powder that black musk turns to on me. The rice flower note strongly reminds me of Lovers in a Ricefield, but with peach substituted for plum. It also seems to be missing the unpleasantly tangy topnote that the Asian Lupers have on me, which give me a giant headache.

Dry: Sweet peach, rice milk, floral musk. This is very very pretty, but not the sort of thing I usually wear.

For something I would never have tried on my own, this is actually really pleasant and wearable! Wet, this is a heavy floral. Dry, it's a nice, balanced peach/floral/musk blend. My first thought when sniffing the imp was "wow, this is girly!" But the drydown is less girly-girl and more sophisticated (but still playful) lady. I probably don't need a whole bottle of it, but it'll make a nice change of pace from all my woodsy/aquatic standbys so I'm sure I'll use up the imp.

My skin always hates rose and lily notes, bu this oil is so serene and beautiful. I get light peach blossom and musk, maybe rice flower too, if only i knew how it smells icon_redface.gif

Initially Temptation smells kind of fruity on my skin but morphs to floral pretty quick.

It faded away really fast, too. I applied it twice today and I can barely smell it.

Edited by icecreamcone

I got this as an imp with an order, and loved it so much, I wound up buying a bottle.

It's another one that I can't pick out the notes in particular, but the blend is just so beautiful, and feminine.

It's sweet without being juicy, or cloying...musky without being overpowering, and floral without tickling your nose.

A great skin-scent.

Why hello peach! The peach does calm down a bit after some dry time, but it is still very peachy on me with a touch of florals, but it seems in general I tend to amp stone fruits, so who knows!

Pretty - a sweet soft fruity floral on me. Hints of green as well. Very nice! I don't absolutely love it though, so I think I will pass it on to someone who does.

This is quite nice. On me it's mainly peach and rose with lovely black musk.

Even with the florals and the musk it remains more of a skin scent - I have to huff my hand hard to get anything.

I'm tempted to try and track more down. This would be lovely for Spring and Summer and I'd feel safe wearing it to work.

I'll keep my Imp and retest again.

Edited by sarandipitee

Found a long forgotten imp, and decided to try it. The creamy peach called to me.

Wet, this seemed like similar cousin to Water Dragon. Ripe juicy fruit and florals. I didn't check the florals out before testing, but they were pleasant. 

Dry, the peach receded, though still noticable, and the florals pushed forward, notably the rose turning this to a rose forward scent with a vague peachy undertone that becomes kinda soapy. Like you washed with a bar of rose scented soap and then put on some lotion.

It's ok, I would definitely prefer the wet stage, might use a locket for the remainder of this, or swap off to someone hunting for it. It's not for me, but as it's long discontinued, that's a relief.