Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Capricorn

I rather like Capricorn... though there isn't much to say about it that hasn't already been said. The lab's cedar notes sometimes go very off on me (they smell smoky and BBQ-ish - very strange) but Capricorn's cedar is warm and dry. It reminds me of cedar chip hamster bedding, in a good way, lol. After several minutes, I think that I can catch hints of earthy patchouli behind the cedar, and I *love* patchouli.

Drydown... still that warm, dry cedar. After a few hours, I might be smelling something myrrh-like here as well. It's warm and sweetly resinous. The patchouli scent faded off rather quickly. It's a lovely woody-resin blend. I would love to try this one out on the boy as well.

I might buy a full bottle of this one if the chance ever came up :P

Capricorn is entirely vetiver, cedar, and patchouli on me. It's incredibly dark and woody. If you like the scent of TAL Determination but don't want to wear it for fragrance purposes, Capricorn would be a really fabulous substitute. It's very, very similar to Determination. I don't usually like wearing vetiver or cedar and patchouli often doesn't work on me, but on the rare occasion they all work well when blended with the right things, and in this blend, they work amazingly well. This is so uber dark and sexy -- almost malicious in it's depth and darkness. I'm going to wear it until it's all gone. I could see this smelling divine on the right type of man, as well.

In the bottle: Cedar and vetivert

First on: Lots of cedar! I love cedar but I'm not so sure I want to smell like it. I feel like a forest. It's very grounding.

Drydown: Hasn't changed

Overall: It's very earthy and grounding, but for some reason I think of more dirt and mountains for capricorn than cedar forests.

Opening the vial is like being clobbered in the face by a wall of vetiver and dirt. Yikes.

On me . . . WHOA BURNING DIRT. *Wow*. This is smoky, which I wasn't expecting. It smells like a brushfire and swirling dirt rising in the smoke. With a bitter-sour pinch of something else - crushed evergreen needles.

This stayed strong on me for hours, becoming mostly cedar and vetiver, and had a good deal of waft. But smelling vetiver for hours on end makes me feel ill. I attempted to shower it off, but it wouldn't budge! I still smelled vetivery. ugh.

Points for being amazingly stubborn (which is thematically accurate, of course!), but this was not for me.

Sad Cappy. :P

I think I may be in love. So I get a ton of smoky vetiver and patchouli on wet --- and then as it dries, the cedar appears but for some strange reason the cedar is smooth and almost citrusy. In fact, when I just took a whiff of it, it has a slight pink grapefruit tinge that makes this absolutely delicious.

Love the drydown, hate it when I first apply. But really, the drydown is superbly amazing. Esp. since cedar really does tend to smell like pencil shavings to me.

Capricorn is entirely vetiver, cedar, and patchouli on me. It's incredibly dark and woody. If you like the scent of TAL Determination but don't want to wear it for fragrance purposes, Capricorn would be a really fabulous substitute. It's very, very similar to Determination. I don't usually like wearing vetiver or cedar and patchouli often doesn't work on me, but on the rare occasion they all work well when blended with the right things, and in this blend, they work amazingly well. This is so uber dark and sexy -- almost malicious in it's depth and darkness. I'm going to wear it until it's all gone. I could see this smelling divine on the right type of man, as well.

This pretty much sums up my experience except I don't get the pine...I get the deep, dark, delicious vetiver. It smells amazing...and is not headache inducing at all! :D I will keep this imp and actually use it up! :yum: