Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sookster

Slobbering Pine

Dewy, wet, whiplike and sticky.

This is everything I hoped for and then some. This is a very wet, lush pine note.
It is sweet, but not a foody sweet scent, this is the sweetness one gets when your bopping through a pine forest after the rain. Your wet, and the air is thick and the sap from the pine is gooey and clear.
Definitely aquatic, and very airy.
If you love sweet, aquatic pine scents this is for you.

This is a great pine--not remotely air-freshenery but instead gooey, sticky sweet pine sap. Strong with pretty good throw, too. I'm not much on pine notes but this is a great interpretation.

Normally I slather, but you really do not need to do this with Slobbering Pine. This is really the perfect winter scent, nice and piney, and STRONG. This one is a clean and crisp masculine scent, probably not for me, but I still enjoy it, probably would more on a hot guy. :P

In the vial: piney and fresh like smashed fresh pine needles

Wet: clean, wet, some kind of aquatic, something mint-like, pine pine pine

Drydown: Wow, that's more aquatic than I was expecting. I shouldn't be shocked, it is "slobbering" afterall. I'm getting more soap now. It's still somewhat minty. It brings to mind an evergreen forrest in the rain. It's very cold and fresh.

I don't have to apply very much, because that pine scent is thick and very bracing. Gooey, sappy pine and it is hella strong! Crazy throw, but after an hour the throw is very minimal, almost undetectable. This is a fantastic pine scent. It's a little more of a salty and aquatic pine on the dry down, very nice. I won't need a bottle because I have Black Forest to take care of most of my pine needs, but I think I'll keep the imp around to cool me down when those hot sticky southern california summers hit!

I got this as a frimp from the lab (thanks guys! i really appreciate this!) and wow, all I got was pine, pine, pine! It's sharp, refreshing, clean-smelling (only because it smells like cleaning products), rather beautiful as a room scent, I would think, but sadly, not really me.

I love me some pine notes, so I had to try this. It is a gorgeous pine, but an overtly masculine one...sort of like the GC counterpart to Geek, minus the leather. This went straight into my man's BPAL collection, and damn it smells good on him!

Sniffing the imp, it's sweet and I can't really smell anything but sugar.

On the skin, it reminds me of Irish Spring deodorant soap. Stays much the same wet and dry on my skin.

It's definitely a fresh, clean scent but a little too soapy for me to consider for perfume.

Sweet, vaguely soapy pine. Soapy in a GOOD way. It smells very clean.

I like this scent! It's a keeper for sure.

what issss this?!?!

At first I was put off, pine~sol... got ready to throw it into swaps...

But I couldnt stop sniffing... its not pine~sol... its sweeter...

very sweet.. its absolutely effing divine.

Hate to love in .05 seconds :lol:

I've been waiting for a chance to try this one when my Mr. is out of the house since he's so allergic to pine notes. Honestly, this is a little odd on me :huh?: Sweet with almost an apple freshness while wet, this dries to a liquid hand soap smell that's sweet and slightly astringent. Not something I can imagine reaching for, but I'll try it again in case it's a weird skin chemistry day...

I seem to be in the minority, but I find I am loving pine blends. The Jersey Devil is one of my favorites, and I like Jabberwocky, too- so I was really excited by this.

It didn't let me down. This is wet, rainy pine, with a sweet edge. In the imp, that's all I get-pine, and clear water. A couple of hours into the dry down, however, it's a vague aquatic green without too much pine at all. I like it so much I'm wearing in a locket AND on, so I get the wet & dry scents at the same time. :lol: Love this one. It could have been boring, like a single pine note, and I'd still love it but this is so much better!

In bottle: Pine mostly, and not surprisingly. It’s also surprisingly sweet, almost pine candy, if that makes sense. Wet: Rich pine with a damp ozone undertone. It’s quite nice. Dry: It’s a lot like embalming fluid, actually, with a touch of Tempest. It a light green ozone scent with a hint of pine.

I love all things green, citrus, woody, pine and nature like. Is this supposed to be a man’s scent? Because I is a girl and it smells lovely on me!!

On smelling in the bottle it has a strong smell of pine and something sweeter, honey almost?

On my skin it changes rapidly going from a thick pine smell with hints of bubble bath to a sweet pine/mint/musk floral smell.

I love this on me, it’s very feminine and reminds me of a wood nympth if she was having a bath and decided to burn incense ….

Very woodsy and exotic all in one!

This is like a sort of...aquatic pine. It's not a detergent pine which was what I was expecting. It's a fresher version of Hemlock.

This oil has two very different and very distinct stages too. The first one is what I just described and then the second one is so bizzare.

It's almost like a soft sweet plasticy smell, nothing like pine at all. But also very hard to describe. It's way soft and very close to the skin. Weird. i did not expect this perfume to act like that.

I wouldn't buy this in bottle form.

Edited by ouch!

I had no plans to try this, but I do make a practice of trying every imp that comes my way, so on it went. Imagine my surprise ;)

Really, I should know by now not to trust a name on a BPAL. Slobbering Pine does NOT sound like it will wear well, and I was not figuring on enjoying a pine perfume. This however, is cold and sweet and wet and almost fruity. I smell sweet aquatic pine at first, stronger pine than aquatic. As it dries, I smell a fruity pear/melon type note. I decided to keep this and maybe even put it in the snow box with my other cold ones because of its similarities =)

Wet: Pine, dripping with water. A little bit of citrus, perhaps lemon or lime, maybe a hint of melon and ozone or something, too. I don't know, it just smells really aquatic and unapologetically clean, clean, squeaky clean.

Dry: Doesn't change much, just softens up and gets sweeter... sugary, even. Sugary aquatic pine.

Overall: I really like pine, fir, spruce, and evergreens in general in certain blends, but here, the aquatic touch takes this out of the forest and into the bathroom cleaning product range. With extra sugar. Not for me, unfortunately.

Everything I equate with "masculine" combines in Slobbering Pine: It's piney and aquatic and slightly cologne-y. Would be excellent on my boyfriend, methinks.

I've smells several of the labs coniferous blends, and I can appreciate authentic tree odors.. they're not always for me, but I do have some that I love.

This winds up being fairly straight forward and traditional smelling to me.. as others have mentioned it's fruity sweet in addition to a hint of dilute pine. The effect really is dewy and sticky, which is pretty yummy.. even if it's a little reminiscent of toilet cleaner... :huh?:

Overall, smells like a cross between freshly scrubbed with Irish Spring soap and a squirt of fruity teen perfume

Pretty straight forward: Smells like pine in the imp, and on my skin. Not expecting too much change, not really my style.

Wet wet wet wet pine. Smell of dew for sure. Mental image is hanging out in the white mountains or cape cod's white pine marshes in early summer morning. Nice! I wouldn't wear this however would make a nice room diffuser scent (if I owned one..).

First sniff: Much less sharply piney than I expected. It’s soft and blurry, and it smells faraway rather than getting up my nose. There’s a lingering afterscent of soap, which I’m hoping is just a fluke.

Wearing: Still that soft, farway pine – and yes, unfortunately, the afterscent is pure soap. Dang.

When I first put it on, it was all PINE with a nice back note of ... lemon... or something citrus, but not in a "new and improved! Lemon-fresh scent!" kind of way. It worked and was refreshing. As it dried, it mellowed out to more resinous fragrance. And then... poof! It evaporated! It's just noon now and it's gone from my skin. Of course, I left the imp at home so I can't refresh it. :(