Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A fine confection for discriminating trick or treaters: a fig meat, coconut, and buttercream bonbon rolled in orange rind, mint leaf, cardamom, clove and ginger, dipped in milk chocolate.

I'm getting mostly spice out of this...clove, cardamom, and ginger...while it is wet on my skin. As it dries, I pick up a trace of the chocolate note, but it remains mostly spice on my skin.

The fig and orange are quite strong in this one (and doing a Fruit Loops type of thing), with a little bit of ginger and a wee drop of clove. I guess there's chocolate and buttercream in here, but there's so much going on with this scent that it's hard to tell.

I'm pretty sure I originally got Treat #2 in the Inquisition that year, but I didn't think I'd wear it very much and only kept a decant of it for myself. I was right -- I've worn this maybe twice. I like it, but for fig scents I like Freak Show, Carnal, and Hetairae. Those don't do this Fruit Loopy thing, and the buttercream in this is a little rich. Fig already smells pretty rich on me, so it doesn't need any extra help.

In the bottle it smells very smooth and sweet, but not overwhelmingly sugary like you may expect for a candy scent.

On the skin it becomes warm, the buttery creamy milk chocolate and coconut creating the forefront, with the tart orange peel and a hint of fig. It smells very tropical at this stage which surprised me at first. Mostly due to the association between coconut and citrus though.

As it dries down the creaminess and warm flavors back off, and for a few minutes I thought it had faded.

The mint picks up a tad, just barely there with the orange peel, and oh man GINGER. if you like ginger scents, this dries down to a powerful tart ginger blend. A bit reminiscent of Chinese ginger, not like gingerbread at all.

However right now I'm outside without a jacked and its chilly. When my skin warms back up ill be curious to see if the blend changes again or if the other notes have been over powered completely.

Interesting blend. Not what I had expected, but I do like it.

Note to self-- do not slather.

Thankfully I don't get cardamom. I love chai, but I find it overwhelming and a bit nauseating on my skin. That note in phantom calliope made me sick.

Edited by Mechanical Death