Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
karmageddon

The Castle

A distant whisper of pine, wet moss and dry leaves passing through vast halls and winding dungeons whose scent bears the memory of blood, faded splendor, imperial elegance and stunning violence.

Dragon's blood, but it has not gotten revoltingly sweet on me like Dragon's Milk and Dragon Moon did. Not sure why. There's a mossy dirt undertone that does remind me of a castle.

This is mainly a resin blend with a hint of pine. It's reminding me of scents like Cathedral and Midnight Bell. The pine isn't very strong, but it's had four years to age so maybe it's mellowed a lot. As with most resin scents I totally love it and also wish that it was a bit stronger or more pronounced.

I too got plants and moss and some sort of insence. I normally amp dragon's blood to nauseating levels but it's staying grounded in this one, adding spice but not overpowering the moss and whatever the peppery, resin scent is.

In the decant: I’m getting sour moss, dragon’s blood, dry leaves, and a bit of pine.

Wet: This one is heavy on the dragon’s blood. I am also getting a fair amount of moss. Behind those notes, I can smell the pine. As the scent sits on my skin, the moss gains strength, and I think I am smelling the Lab’s stone note as the scent begins to dry. I’m also getting some resin-y incense and something that makes me think of dusty, velvet tapestries hanging from an abandoned castle’s walls.

Dry: Spicy dragon’s blood, moss, stone, and resin-y incense (I am thinking there’s some myrrh in this). I’m getting a lot more spice than I did before. There's some dry cinnamon in here.

Verdict: This is far too much dragon’s blood for me, but it is certainly an evocative, atmospheric scent!