Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A return of 2006's Ridiculous Scent! As creepy as Spooky was spooky, this is the scent of butterscotch-kissed, caramel-smothered red apples spiked with a blast of coconut rum.

In the bottle: Caramel and apples
Wet on the skin: Caramel, caramel and apples
Drydown: Still caramel and apples. The final base note is caramel/brown sugar on me.

It's basically like The Hesperides + caramel. It's a nice enough scent, but I happen to like The Hesperides better, so I think I'll be swapping off my bottle of Creepy 2009.

I didn't like Creepy back in '06. I swapped it away but ended up with a decant years later. Now I love the Creepy. Both versions. I think that in '06, I wanted apple with caramel and Creepy delivered rabid caramel butterscotchiness with a bit of apple. I still prefer a stronger apple tone, but I can appreciate Creepy for what it is.

Wow, this is incredibly accurate for having several distinct notes. I definitely get green apple and a mild butterscotch with the faintest hints of coconut and rum rounding out the background.

I mean, this is *exactly* what the description says. Amazing. No morphing or strange chemistry going on here. Nom nom nom.

Upon further consideration, this is almost too realistic in the way that some of the richer foody scents tend to be. I live in Florida... October is still at least 80 degrees here. And while many of us yearn for all things up-north-autumn, I'll be saving this for a few, light-hearted gatherings.

*techers: kids (and parents) will probably get a kick out of this

After drydown this mellows out A LOT. Loving the imp, but not springing for a bottle.

2009 version: boozy caramel and buttered rum, and exactly as described. I loved this one so much I promptly ordered a second bottle from the lab after I received and tested my first bottle. :wub2:

Decant from a fellow forumite :

Bottle: watery apple (hollow smelling from the alcohol note maybe).

On skin: watery apple, burnt caramel. A slight airiness from the rum note. No coconut, darn! Turns to buttery caramel, and... The apple has gotten much softer and sweeter. Something has gone wonky. More burnt smell. Not wearable for me. *hangs head*

Creepy 2009

In the Bottle:

Red Apples & sugary booze

On my Skin, Wet:

Red Juicy Sliced Apples, followed closely by a dollop of sugary caramel then some booze.

On my Skin, Dry:

Whole apples, sugar, and booze.

Verdict:

aging has done great things for this blend - before it was just a boozy mess, but now it's a couple of years old and FABULOUS!

I would get this blend again if it's ever offered again.

2009 version:

Initially, this is APPLETASTIC in a way that I love. It smells like a cider apple, like the apple in Fearful Pleasure. Things are great for about 10 minutes, wherein I bask in the glorious apple glow and can't stop sniffing myself.

Then things change. Suddenly, here's that caramel you promised. Wha-hoooooa, caramel. Big and sweet and sugary and all over my apple! And there's something else, too. This seems to be going back and forth between big fat caramel apple and... a ladle full of fruit punch? That must be the rum. Weird, it's not coconutty to me at all. Just sort of fruity-boozy.

2.5 hours after applying, all of that is gone and I'm left with a faint sugar smell, like the wrapper of a caramel after you've already eaten the candy, and an odd smoky-incensey smell. Wha? No idea what that is. It's pleasant, very mild, but smells NOTHING like this scent started out.

Sad that the apple didn't stay longer, and perplexed by the wild rollercoaster this one went on, but overall... I think I like it?

This is a review of an aged bottle.

In the bottle: Buttery, sweet apple. Definitely no coconut rum.

On skin, wet: Apple with a butterscotch undertone.

On skin, dry: Apple still dominant, with that butterscotch note lingering in the background. None of the tartness of fresh apples, this one is sweet and warm.

An hour later: Stays true to the initial drydown. Sad that I never got any coconut rum, but it's still a really wonderful scent.

I don't think I've reviewed this, at least not the 2006 version. This is my favourite apple of all time; sweet, crisp, utterly delightful, slathered in buttery vanilla burnt sugar caramel and spiked with just a touch of spicy rum. I don't get coconut at all, which is good for me because I don't like it.

Skin-close, it's fresh, crisp apples. Not the sour green apple scent I associate with my daughter's shampoo, but biting into a fresh apple. Farther away, I get hints of butterscotch and caramel, and dare I hope, a smidge of the coconut rum! It's not overwhelmingly sweet though it's definitely a foody scent. It could easily have edged into sickeningly sweet but that super-crisp apple keeps it from ever reaching that territory.

ETA: This is the 2009 version.

Edited by brilliantcat

I reviewed my 2009 bottle right about a year ago, earlier on this page. Well I finally used up that first bottle and just opened my 2nd bottle of 2009 that has been aging unopened since purchase. This is heavy on the butterscotch rum with apples, and absolutely fabulous! I'm so glad that I ordered that second bottle. It's going into heavy rotation this fall. :wub2:

2006 Bottle, gift from my Witch.

Apples and more apples, with a soft creamy covering of butterscotch. I don't love caramel scents ever, but this is different. its soft and buttery, not nose burning sharp caramel like Ventiloquist Dummy. the apples win out, right to the end. This is one foody scent I can wear.

I have to say Creepy is probably one of my favourites, from all perfumeries. I find it very comforting. It is boozy, dark caramel (the kind of sauce you make at home that is buttery, rich, and almost burnt when you walk away momentarily), and who can forget the apples. Some apple scents I find to be soap like, or very artifical, not this one!

The decant I received was from 2009.

Wow.

Popping open the vial releases a rich caramel scent. I don't get anything else from the perfume itself, just caramel.

Wet, it retains that nothing bit caramel smell for about a minute, before all of a sudden I get sweet and tart apple. The way the two smells developed was just like biting into a caramel apple.

Dry, I have a lovely sweet apple with a creamy caramel overlay. The coconut has also made a bit of an appearance.

After a few hours, I'm left with nothing but a hint of coconut on the skin.

Definitely worth it if you like apples or caramel scents.

Wooo! Boozy apples! Tart, green, drunk apples. Not getting any of the caramel here. Almost more like an apple martini than anything, on me at least. Glad I finally tried it, but not something I will wear. I kind of want to drink it, though...

Wet: Caramel apple and RUM. The apple scent isn't juicy or anything, it's quite dry. Almost like freeze-dried apple slices.

Dry: This is mostly a caramel and butterscotch tango now. The apple is still there, but not as strong as the dry stage. The rum has almost completely disappeared.

Foodie, and yummy.

It is bizarre how boozy (rum) it smells in the bottle but so pure and clean on my skin! When applied to the skin, it smells of sweet red apples (the natural fragrance of apples, not synthetic). It becomes more and more caramelly as it dries down. Lasts all day on me but stays very close to the skin. Lovely scent, if it was a colour it would be dusty pink.  

This review is for the 2009 version!

Love this, a super sticky sweet butterscotch and caramel with hints of apples and rum. I don't get any coconut from this, but I definitely get the booze. I'm also kinda getting a lip gloss type of note as it dries which reminds me of the red apple lip gloss I loved as a kid. I do get both butterscotch and caramel, however the latter is a lot stronger. Throw is on the low side, but it does tend to stay around for a good bit which makes up for that. I would have liked for coconut to appear, but other than that I still really love this blend. It's (red) delicious!

I think this would pair nicely with Who Is Nibbling At My House hair gloss.

Edited by fairybites
Added year of my bottle

Ridiculous indeed, but no less fun either!

I’m picking up strong caramel but that may be the closest i’ve ever come to butterscotch, with a lovely pulpy RED apple and a soft coconut rum. Not more complicated than that, but it needn’t be.

It dries down to a slightly more cloye-y but also more subtle scent. Happy happy!