Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A return of 2006's Ridiculous Scent! As creepy as Spooky was spooky, this is the scent of butterscotch-kissed, caramel-smothered red apples spiked with a blast of coconut rum.

Creepy 09

Oooh! An apple scent that doesn't just scream apples at me! YAY!

Yummy and sugary and delicious. Not much for throw or lasting long, but that could be because it's on my left wrist which touched the computer more often. I believe this might be a slatherer.

I have finally found a BPAL apple agrees with me. No coconut rum here, just caramel apple that is so yummy. It reminds me of Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice. If I could only NOM NOM on my arm and it tasted like that, I believe I could be in sensory heaven.

Caramel and me usually have a very odd relationship. Sometimes we're wonderful together...other times it becomes chaos. Luckily, in creepy it is a pleasant, as mentioned above, starbucks-ey kind of caramel apple goodness. Its defenently a sweeter blend but it doesnt smell too foody for me. 3/5, because caramel is a sneak.

Well, this is just all kinds of awesome. I am so glad I have a bottle.

In aforementioned bottle: green apples! caramel! a touch of sharpness from the coconut rum! this smells like Halloween to me: candy, bobbing for apples, fall sweetness and crunch.

Wet: same as the bottle. Oh Creepy how I love you.

Dry: more butterscotch coming out, less rum. Green apples drenched in warm butterscotch and caramel. (The caramel/butterscotch is definitely warm and melty here.) Not really getting the coconut rum anymore, so it feels a little less sharp and a little more cozy. Mmm.

Throw: fairly strong, and it lasts for a long time--I kept catching random whiffs of it all day, and it made me smile.

Edited by splendidissima

In vial: Caramel and apples!

Wet on skin: Apples, with caramel sauce!

Dry: More appley, less caramelly. No sign of coconut rum though. Probably lucky about that seeing as I'm at work *grin

Later: Still apples, and caramel. Yum. Gets more appley with time.

I rather like this, but I don't actually get to wearing super foody things that often. Even though I keep signing up for decants of super foody things.

I'm *so* glad this one came back this year as I've been wanting to try it for ages. It smells exactly like caramel apples to me--delicious!! I do pick up a bit of coconut but it's far in the background. I'd like to see how this ages. PERFECT for Halloween and very fun.

I am pleasantly surprised at how crisp these apples are. There is definitely a foody-sweet bent to this, and I get much more butterscotch than caramel, but that fresh, crisp apple keeps it from becoming too sickeningly sweet.

This is a review of the 2006 version. Creepy starts out sweet caramel and crisp, tart apples. Then the coconut rum comes in, although its more coconut than rum. The drydown is a coconutty-caramel scent. When this was fresh, the butterscotch was there but in the meantime, its blended into the caramel, and the rum has gone less boozy and more coconutty. Overall, this is a very sweet scent but the tart apple keeps it from being too sweet. I enjoy Creepy, although its not a favourite and therefore not in regular rotation, so I don't think I need a backup, but I've enjoyed what I do have. :skull:

In imp, and wet: APPLE :trout:

After it dries down, the caramel smooths the apple out. There's still a ton of the apple in here, though (good thing I like it)! I get no butterscotch or coconut, which is just fine with me.

'sigh' I've been waiting for this scent to return for years so I could try it. I love booze scents, but rum has not been working on me at all. For some reason, it goes straight to fake butter. So with Creepy. Starts out as apple candy, sort of Jolly-rancher like, and then a hint of boozy coconut (smells just like Malibu!) and then...butter buds and cheap liquor. Just like Grog. and Hellcat. And Perversion. and Kill Devil. no more apple. or coconut. the butterscotch and caramel never showed up.Alas. Creepy really is creepy when combined with my wacky skin chemistry. why couldn't it have been whiskey or vodka with apples and butterscotch and coconut?'sigh' I've been waiting for this scent to return for years so I could try it. I love booze scents, but rum has not been working on me at all. For some reason, it goes straight to fake butter. So with Creepy. Starts out as apple candy, sort of Jolly-rancher like, and then a hint of boozy coconut (smells just like Malibu!) and then...butter buds and cheap liquor. Just like Grog. and Hellcat. And Perversion. and Kill Devil. no more apple. or coconut. the butterscotch and caramel never showed up.Alas. Creepy really is creepy when combined with my wacky skin chemistry. why couldn't it have been whiskey or vodka with apples and butterscotch and coconut?

Yummmm....the Boy is cringing on the couch, but I'm euphoric: I smell like a giant, drunk, tropical candied apple! I'm Halloween in the Caribbean, drunk on rum punch!

This scent is everything the description promises....i want to committ autocannibalism and eat myself!

Edited by Andrea912

Creepy 2009

In Bottle: Very strong caramel with a hint of apple.

Wet on Skin: Wow, the caramel mellows out A LOT. I get the butterscotch with an undernote of apple, and a very little hint of coconut.

Dry Down: The apple is definitely getting stronger.

Dry on Skin: Oooh now I get more of the rum, but still the apple is very strong.

Overall: 4/5 This is a great foody scent, very nice. Though it's just not my style.

This review is for the 2009 version.

In the imp: Apples and those two related scents, caramel and butterscotch.

Wet: Now the rum appears. And a hint of coconut, like in Snow White, only much moreso. Lots of butterscotch and caramel (fave foods of mine *grins*) and apples down in the blend.

The dry-down: Sweet foodie heaven! Yeah, those apples are just smothered by the sweets. They are still there, just a bit faint. But at the same time, I can't stop sniffing my wrist.

Edited by thekittenkat

Oh, the crisp apple is here, followed by the caramel, and then the coconut. Not much rum to report but you have to beat me to death to take this blend away from me :thud: It`s a rounded and never excessive foody apple paradise. And I don`t even like the caramel note normally.

Total love :wub2:

CREEPY 2009

IN IMP: Buttery. Very buttery, and foody, and crunchy-sweet.

WET, ON SKIN: Apple! Apple has come out, juicy and red, and it has buttery crunchy toffee on top. No coconut here, but I imagine the rum is what is giving me the buttery sense.

DRY, ON SKIN: Spices are swirling out around it now, but it’s still juicy, appley, toffee-ish and crunchy.

LATER: I love it. I smell like a gorgeous caramel apple. My husband is not a foodie at all but he is not averse to it…I may also see what it does as a room scent … grabbing a bottle.

In the bottle: Oh god this is all booze! Sweet coconutty booze :evil:

Wet: The booze recedes, the caramel and butterscotch take front place. It's not a bad caramel as caramel goes (not the burnt plastcky sugar eww my skin usually turns caramel into) and I suspect it's the butterscotch that's keeping it in check. Beneath all that a gorgeous apple starts to appear. For now this is way too foodie and rich for me, and methinks I'd like it better without the coconut rhum blast.

Dry: The apple blooms and gets stronger instead of disappearing like it does in most other blends. It's a very warm apple, getting a bit crisper and less creamy with time. Lambs wool was just a tad foody, a perfect balance for me, while this is on the wrong side of foody, but not by much. Surprisingly sexy.

Incredible throw and wearlenght.

Verdict: The first time I tried it I thought it would end up in the swap pile, and I'm still not sure I want to go through the first super-sweet boozy foody stage to get to the gorgeous apple drydown, but I believe I'll see how it ages before deciding. It's already much better after sitting for a few days, and if only the coconut rum disappeared I'd be much happier with this.

Edited by inkaddict

Single note butterscotch. It's a true butterscotch scent, and with just the right amount of throw - just enough that I can always faintly smell it, and not enough for anyone else to be overpowered by it. It doesn't morph or disappear; it's just a nice, true, long-lasting single-note butterscotch.

Except when I stuck my wrist right up to my nose, while it was still wet. Then there was a distinct note of... berry-flavored NyQuil??? Apples, caramel and rum have all worked on me in other scents, so I don't know what went wrong this time. But luckily, only the butterscotch aspect had any throw at all; and by the time it dried, the NyQuil had disappeared entirely, even when directly inhaling my wrist.

In the Imp: Those caramel apple lollipops. But liquid.

Wet: The caramel has some depth from the coconut rum, which makes this oh so yummy. Apples are present and not mushy smelling. Like they used granny smith apples in this one.

Dry: The apples are softer and the caramel and, what I can assume to be, butterscotch are keeping this more candy than foody. Its nice. Hangs out closer to my skin, but that's fine with me in this case.

Overall I was really happy that at least one of the Halloween apple scents worked out for me. I was so disappointed by Lambs-wool that I had thought that the lab's apple scents were not meant for me. Happy with my imp, may pick up a partial bottle along the way, but that'll be fine for me.

Wet: Caramel. Caramel and butterscotch. And, ooh! Booze!

Dry: I can smell the apple now, but unlike Pomona, this apple doesn't smell like room deodorizer on me, and I can still smell the hint of caramel in the background. I'm not a foody-scent person, but I rather like this.

In the bottle, I get butterscotch, booze, and a hint of apple. Once on my skin, though, the apple amps pretty strong, to the point where I can't smell any of the rest of the stuff I get in the bottle. And I also get the barest hint of spice like I did in Lambs-Wool? Bwa?

Yeah, this is a bit too APPLE for me. Lambs-Wool is a better apple scent for me, I'm thinking, just because of the balance there that kind of is lacking here.

To the swaps!

Edited by Venneh

In the bottle: carmel and rum.

Wet: A VERY light throw - I can smell the carmel and the apples mostly and a bit of the cream.

Drydown: This smells exactly like caramel apples. This might be a little foody for me, but a wearable kind of foody (as opposed to, say, Lambs-Wool which I love to smell, but I don't want to smell like Lambs-Wool). I think the light throw also helps here to make it a little more subtle and a little less BLAM! Food in your face.

Verdict: I'm keeping my bottle, but I suspect it will take a LONG time for me to finish it. This was the surprise hit for me among the Halloween scents this year.

This smells like some kind of apple bake to me-- there's a distinct batter/desserty bread smell along with the caramel and warm, mooshy red apple. There's a slight buttery alcohol tinge slithering in as well, and the coconut is faint, but rather like the Sudanese black coconut in Red Lantern-- as opposed to fresh and tropical.

I was concerned Creepy might be a toothache in a bottle, but it's not as crazy sweet as I feared. Though it is really too "thick" for everyday wear, personally. I'll play with the decant a bit more, but it's not a huge winner.

Creepy is really nice wet--apple & butterscotch. Pretty sweet.

On, APPLE. WOW. GREEN AND RED APPLES. BAM.

Unfortunately, after 15 minutes, it turns to cinnamon apple potpourri . . . a little musty, a lot of cinnamon, dry and kind of gross apple.

As much as I love this scent in the bottle and wet, and as much as I wanted to love this scent . . . ugh. It just turns to musty potpourri on me. So sad!

This is officially the first real "foody" scent that I love. :lol: Yay!

I have a horrible track record with food scents - anything bakery turns musty spelling, sweet scents are just too much at first for me to deal with, or I ultimately don't want to smell like <blank>. Or I can't stand the smell of it in my clothes later.

I had pretty much given up on finding a food scent.

But I picked up a bunch of the foody Halloween '09 scents in half-decants because, damnit, one has to be awesome, eventually, right?

Of all of the 'Weenies I grabbed, I think this one is the winner. ^^

In the vial I get butterscotch, not-super-coconutty rum, and not much apple. Sugary sweet, but not scary enough to not test.

Wet, right away, a lot of the rum and butterscotch, but that is joined by amazing, tart apple. After a few minutes, the rum is very much a background scent, and the butterscotch is becoming more caramel as everything warms up. The caramel is amazing.

For a long time it remains a very authentic, grown-up-caramel-apple style scent; I really don't get anything floral. It's not morphing into anything else. The caramel doesn't turn plasticky or sour - it stays smelling like cooked sugar. It's enough to trick my brain into thinking there is a real dessert when there isn't one. ^^

I continue to enjoy smelling like this. I really really like it. Unless there is some nutmeg deep, deep in the background, there are no spices to get on my nerves after a few hours (clove, I looks at yoo). I also do not feel like I'm wearing room scent. There is not anything identifiable as coconut, to my relief, the rum is subdued after the start, but gives it a lot of depth with a hint of tropics. I reapply to see if it will still be good a second time - if it's headache land, it would go to swappies - but it is the same the second time, and I still want a bottle, and a dessert. I make a note.

So, if I'm happy with the way my hoodie smells in the morning, and barring some other chemical weirdness, I am going to grab a bottle of this. It's a yummy, lighthearted *foody* scent for my favorite time of year (finally!).

I'm glad I had the time to let these sit for a little while, because I'm sure I didn't love this as much when I first tested it, but it's becoming a must-have.

ETA no weird after-smell - it just vanishes after 4 hours or so. I found a bottle from a forumite and it's the same as my imp, so I'm all set. :joy:

Edited by dragonsidhe

This is the candy apple I never had as a kid. I thought those were a treat way back then, but obviously I hadn't stumbled upon this concoction. I basically caved because I'm a butterscotch whore, and with the first smear of this I had to exercise extreme restraint not to lick my wrist because it smelled like those butterscotch candies every *good* doctor's-office receptionist keeps stocked at the window. Now if Beth could bottle Werther's Originals, I'd be stockpiling... :twisted: