Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This season’s Ridiculous Scent! As creepy as Spooky was spooky, this is the scent of butterscotch-kissed, caramel-smothered red apples spiked with a blast of coconut rum.

Creepy - I don't like apples and I don't like caramel, so I really don't like to eat caramel apples, but I love the smell of them. Likewise for Creepy: I don't like apple oil notes (they turn rancid on me) and I don't like caramel or butterscotch oil notes (they tend to smell uber-sweet and then turn to plastic ick on me), but put them together and blend in a bit of boozy coconut rum, and holy moly, does it ever smell amazing! Creepy is by far my favorite scent from the Halloweenie update and it's the only foody scent I positively adore and can't get enough of.

When I first put it on my skin, the crisp, tart apple scent is definitely the strongest note with a touch of coconut underneath, but upon drydown, the boozy butterscotch caramel becomes the dominant note and it's incredibly smooth and warm and sweet and incredibly true-to-life and makes me want to swoooooon in delight!

When I wear Creepy in a scent locket, the crisp, tart apple note remains dominant over the sweet, ribbon of boozy butterscotch-caramel swirling underneath it. This is one of the first foody blends I've ever worn that doesn't either 1) disappear, 2) turn to plastic, or 3) go rancid on my skin.

Although the butterscotch-caramel is strongest to my nose, when I walked into the room where my husband was watching t.v., he stopped and said, "Oh wow, I smell coconut. That's strong!" And when my coworkers walk by me, they all remark that "that new hazelnut coffee they started brewing smells really strong over here -- I like it!" Well, I know their highly untrained noses (hazelnut?! Seriously?!) are picking up on the Creepy because we're not brewing hazelnut coffee at work right now. It's all me, baby!

This scent is incredibly strong, very genuine/"true-to-life", and has amazing staying power. My skin smells amazing for hours and hours after application. I'm buying as many bottles of this as I can afford because it's going to make a really amazing oil burner scent as well as a fabulous scent for my car, in addition to using it as perfume. I have a feeling that along Devil's Night 2005 and 2006, this is going to be one of the most well-loved Autumn scents I ever encounter.

*edited to repair bad HTML tags and add scent description Edited by Shollin

I can't help comparing this to Sugar Skull ('05 is the one I have)....because they are both very sugary and sweet. But where Sugar Skull reminds me of baked/baking, crystallized sugar, Creepy is all melted, liquid caramel-y sugar. With apple. The apple flows in and out of the mix, but I don't get much if any of the other notes.....no coconut that I can smell, maybe just a little booze. Changes very little if at all from application to drying/warming up. Nice comfy sweet smell. I find that it has just a little less throw than the Sugar Skull, which really broadcasts from my skin. I may end up giving this to my youngest sister, I think she would like it.

Creepy

I agree that this reminds me of Sugar Skull. The butterscotch and caramel is deliciously warm, brown and thick. And that's all I get from sniffing the bottle. But when it goes on, the tart apple wafts out. Caramel apples!!! It's so good!!!

I think this is a well rounded blend - the tart apple keeps the butterscotch/caramel from being too sweet and the butterscotch/caramel keeps the apple from being too tart (which is the essence of a caramel apple!). Add coconut booze in there to make it interesting, and you've got a little bit of heaven in a bottle!

Yum! :P

My bottle arrived today & I wanted to love it, I really did, but this one doesn't do it for me :D

In the bottle, it smelled wonderful, like liquid caramel apples :D

At first, on the skin, too, it was promising. But in the drydown, it fell apart. Now, about 90 minutes in, I smell like one of those Sugar Daddy suckers - remember those? I didn't get the coconut or rum, but my BC really amped the caramel and left everything else in the dust.

I'm sure someone else will give it the :P it deserves. . .

In the Bottle: It smells like caramel and rum over apple cider with just a hint of coconut.

Initial Wet: The apple turns and goes sour almost immediately :P, but the throw is a sweet, spicy, buttery scent, like a pie baking. I don’t know where I’m getting the “spicy” scent from; it could be the rum doing weird things with my chemistry.

Initial Dry: Ah, now the bad apple sour turns into a tart apple, like a granny smith, just barely ripe. The caramel becomes more identifiable as caramel rather than just a sweetness. I’m starting to think this is a fruit blend that I can wear, which would be yummy!

Drier Dry: Wow, my skin eats this fast. It becomes very subtle and turns into caramel apple. Every once in a while, I think I can smell a bit of the coconut rum, but then I take a closer sniff and it's gone. It’s definitely foody, but not as strong as some other sweet foody scents. It’s light and delightfully autumn.

What’s really Creepy is that this is a fruit scent that not only doesn’t go bad and stay bad on my skin, but it also smells like the fruit it’s supposed to!

straight sniff from bottle i am reminded of red lantern...very sweet rummy/coconut...

once applied the butterscotch/caramel notes get strong...the slightest waft

of apples...i wish i got more apples out of this but oh well....

unfortunately this is not long lasting which means i need to slather...or try it

in my scent locket....

See, this is why I've been avoiding foodie scents. I sniff the cap and I immediately get a big whiff of rum and coconut and I start salivating. And start thinking maybe I should give in and buy some Halloween candies. Yeah.

Gah! The caramel! *drroooooollll*. I smell like a candy shop at Halloween. My husband's gonna love this, I think :P Not getting much apple, which is fine with me. I was afraid it would be strong once it was on my skin. But mostly it's caramel with some rum and coconut.

A wonderful Halloween blend!

OK, I don't do butterscotch but felt the need to try some anyway 'coz I love the idea of rum spiked coconut.

I knew I was in trouble when I opened the envelope (my source was a decant btw). I could smell it before I'd even opened the bubble wrap :P At first I thought there had been a spillage but the vial was perfect. This is strong stuff!

Sniffing from the vial it's encouragingly boozy but mostly butter a la Grog. Wearing is the same and the butter is too much and apples are nowhere in sight. I have to remove it very shortly after applying (or try to anyway), the stuff takes ages to wash off. Oh well, shoulda known, shouldn't I?

Creepy-

In Bottle: Butterscotch, rum, and apple. WOW.

Wet: Really sweet/sour apple, and a touch of the butterscotch.

Dry: The butterscotch is not so prominent, but the apple stays nice and pleasant. If I craved an apple scent, this'd be it. I think I'm going to like this most as a scent locket scent, because I love the butterscotch of it.

Overall: Nice. Will use in scent lockets.

ETA: I've been wearing it as a scent locket all day and it's delicious. Can't stop sniffing the butter-rum-apple goodness!

Edited by steffanina

I will not bite my own arm.

I will not bite my own arm.

I will NOT bite my own --

::bites self::

OW!

I haven't fallen this hard for a foody scent since last Yule's Hearth. Unlike Hearth, however, Creepy -- in all its caramelly, boozy, only slightly coconutty, bright red apple goodness -- doesn't "throw" on me at all. I freshened the scent about an hour ago, and I have to basically inhale my wrist to find it again. :D

I'm going to see if it works in my hair as opposed to on my skin. Sometimes a drop added to the bedtime braids works miracles, surrounding me all day with lushly-scented braid waves.

Otherwise, good news for my pocketbook: I don't have to lay into a stock of this one. It's as brief (on me) as it is beautiful. :P

Wanted to edit and add: When I applied to make it "throw" again, it gave me a bit of a headache. It is both too much and not enough!!

Edited by Grifyn

Creepy:

in the decant it is all caramel. rich gooey brown caramel.

when i swiped it on my wrists it stayed caramel for all of 10 seconds then i got a strong wiff of the apples and what smelled like mulled apple cider. as it dries it blends together and smells like candied apples. not until it was totally dry did i catch the coconut rum. i am not a fan of coconut but in Creepy it's so well blended with the other scents. it's a very sweet tooth-ache inducing scent but i think it's wonderful. not an everyday scent but definitely for the days you need sweetness in your life. i think i might wear this one on halloween night!

In the bottle, it's sweet, carameled apples. Reminiscent of Monsterbait: Closet (with the butterscotch) and a bit of Misk U (with the caramel). Only, Creepy is lighter, brighter and bit more sillier smelling. Further into the drydown, the coconut rum emerges, giving a punch of naughtyness to the extreme silliness of the scent. It would be a fun scent to wear on Hallow's Eve.

Edited by mandragora

Bottle: Wow, caramel apple!

Wet: Crisp, juicy green apple under sweet caramel... second the reviewers mentioning butterscotch.

Dry: Mostly caramel/butterscotch, a little apple peeking out occasionally.

Verdict: YUM. BPAL will make a foody out of me yet!

Seeing as I missed Spooky... not gonna miss Creepy!

In the vial: butterscotchcarmelrum! WOO!

On the skin: I get really heavy carmel/butterscotch. Which is good, because that's one of the particular things I loved about Red Lantern. I've never been one for coconut, but the coconut in this doesn't bother me. The rum makes it alll boozy-swoozy for that extra "bad girl" note.

I need like three bottles of this. :P Beth's certainly done it again!

On me, Creepy is very much like Miskatonic University meets brown sugar. It's sweet sweet sweet. I like it, but I'd love to smell the apple! It doesn't seem to come out on me at all. I think I'll give this one some time to age and see if that makes a difference. It's lots of fun and will be good for this season, regardless.

Creepy is a delicious caramel-apple scent on me--both notes perfectly balanced, and it got rave "oo, you smell good!" reviews from Brian. :D I also really like the crone on the bottle--she's all, "Double, double, toil and trouble. Smellin' sexy, cauldron bubble." In a sense, Creepy is initially not very "BPALish"--it layers perfectly with lots of fall goodies from sundry etailers, B&BW, etc. However, the drydown is more complex--it reminds me of Sugar Skull, some sort of brown-sugar base note. Thus, Creepy is a perfect balance of the distinction that sets BPAL apart *and* my desire to layer madly. :P Great stuff.

Interesting... In the bottle, it smells very crisp and butterscotchy-appley. On (wet), the same, with a whole symphony of fruity/carmely flavors.

On drydown, however, about an hour later, it smells remarkably (and very surprisingly) like Hearth. I like it, very much. But I'm going to have to compare it with Hearth because on me at least there seems to be very little difference. Fortunately, I love Hearth, too. :P

This scent is awesome. It reminds me of walking into this store in Long Beach that sells desserts and caramel apples...it is that sweet that has a little tart in it that sneaks into the high parts of your nose while the sticky caramel stays most prominent. I smell exactly like a caramel apple for the first 30 minutes, but later when the scent really settles, I pick up a bit of that coconut rum scent. Mmmm. This one is going to get some heavy wear.

This one scared me in the bottle. A true, rich and creamy caramel scent, buttery and delicious. Unfortunately, I have had very bad luck with butter scents. :P

On, the butter initially starts to amp out of control, but is quickly tempered by the crisp clean apple.

After a while, the apple fades down, but the caramel remains, and for a wonder, behaves itself. This is indeed very foody, and not as strong on the apple on me as I had hoped, but a caramel scent that I can actually wear is definitely a keeper. :D

In the bottle: Grog aka Butter Rum Lifesavers.

On me: after a few seconds, the apple joins the party. It's a golden delicious apple, round and yellow. It's perfect for about 5 minutes.

And then it's gone. :P I can't smell anything at all anymore.

Okay, here's my first attempt at reviewing a scent:

Mmmm.... Creepy just smells good, but sweet sweet sweet! It's mostly a very sweet caramel to my nose.

In the bottles it smells like very sweet caramel with a backdrop of sweet sweet apples. After a while of wearing it, it was just all caramel, all the time. It lasted a long time, and the caramel stayed true and prominent. :P

On me this smells like red juicy apples absolutely drowning in butterscotch topping. Very good for the foody lover. :P I'm a little dissappointed that the caramel doesn't come out more, but I'm just happy to have an apple scent for Halloween that I don't care much. Absolutely no trace of coconut rum either which was making me a little leery in the product description.

Creepy smells just like a real carmel apple! It's...creepy... (ha!)

I was really worried about this blend. I was almost sure it wouldn't work on me, but had to order it on the rare chance that the coconut wouldn't turn plastic (as coconut almost always does on me).

Well, I get no coconut at all from this (thankfully), just tart juicy apple and caramel. It's so realistic smelling it makes me hungry!

Wonderful! :P

In bottle: creamy butterscotch-caramel (what's the difference? I love them both)

On skin: blast of butterscotch, then lots of tumbling apples with creamy sweet butterscotch underneath

Half-hour later: as long as I keep my wrist away, it's a heady creamy blend, like Miskatonic U. with apples instead of coffee. Up close, unfortunately, the coconut is stronger and tends to smell fake to me. It's not overpowering though -- the apples and caramel are great in the forefront

In conclusion: Creepy needs room to move and groove; it isn't a sniff-up-close blend that works on me. But I thought the same about Spooky and I love my 2004 bottle the more I have it, and I can see that happening with Creepy too. I'm glad I have a bottle :P

i'm in the same camp with the no apple kids. in the bottle i smell caramel, on my skin it's butterscotch gone insane. in about ten minutes it seems to fade, at least to my nose. coworkers still wanted to know where the caramel or "candied pecans" were but i couldn't even smell it next to my wrist. i get no apples though. none. *sigh*

it's sweet. real sweet. and i do love it. just no apples. :P