Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Titania

A nocturnal bounty of fae dew-kissed petals and pale fruits: white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon.

Thoughts before testing: The description of this scent sounds amazing and right up my alley, if a little sweet. I love each of the notes listed here, so I'm cautiously hopeful for this blend.

Wet: Pure blast of peach. It's a beautiful ripe peach, just lovely.

Dry down: The sweet pea comes out to play, which is great because sweet pea is one of my favorite florals.

Dry: It turns into florally soap once it's all the way dry, which is super disappointing.

Final thoughts: I think I'll retest this one just to make sure.

Verdict: Pending!

ETA description.

This one was an ordered imp from the lab:

in imp: green sparkly fruity

on wet: lovely - definitely smells pale and green and sparkly - some light fruits and flowers but nothing I can pick out specifically

drying: nectar sweet and chilly but has faded a bit too fast on me.

verdict: would be good for summer. I'm looking for a fruity scent and this is like a green sister of Fae but if I had to choose I'd pick Fae as it is less sweet and more long-lasting on me.

I really like this one. Fresh to me it reminds me of apple and pear body mists with some flowers in the background. It works really well in my scent locket because it keeps this smell. On my skin it fades to more of a floral with hints of fruit. I like how it dries on my skin but both my bf and a male co-worker say that it smells like a dryer sheet.

Bf: "Not a bad smell but an odd one to smell on your skin vs your clothes"

Co-worker: "I like the smell of fresh laundry... doesn't bother me"

So scent locket only for this one most of the time (at least for me).

Can't believe I never reviewed this, what with being a Midsummer Nights Dream obsessive and all.

In the imp--pear and other fruits, sweet flowers

Wet--juicy grape and pear, mostly just sweet floral and fruit

Dry--the fruits all blend, the flowers are white and clean but aromatic. And the whole thing shimmers with something crystalline (a pale musk?) and represents dew and moonlight. After awhile a muskiness emerges to temper some of the white grape sweetness. Overall it's like a very expensive melon or ose very elegant sugared fruits on a fancy alfresco luncheon table.

In all, just what the description says. I'm not sure it's strictly Titania to me, who I imagine would have something more serious, dangerous, and regal going on, but it's definitely fairylike.

Good thing I like it since I spilled 1/3 imp on my desk!

Oooooooooh! I so wanted to like Titania since it is my middle name and I <3 all things fae XD. Alas I couldn't even wear it long enough to enjoy the scent. Don't know what note it is, but Titania gave me a raging headache as soon as I sniffed it. Had to wash it off right away. Damn sniffer! *Shakes fist at nose.* Ended up giving this beauty away to a friend who can wear it without any issue. :cry2:

Edited by MadameFaye84

Based on the description, I thought I would really like this one. I love the scent of grapes and pear, and generally like "light" perfumes. However, on me it only smells of rose musk. I find this a very childlike scent. Not a keeper.

Edited by yuniper

I received this as a frimp months ago and was a little hesitant to try it as it sounded a bit too sweet to me.

It smelled fruity sweet and floral in the imp and was pretty much the same when I put it on with the white grape being the dominant note. As pyewacket says above, it's definitely sparkly!

Something about it smells very 'little girl'ish to me. After it dried down it was still mainly grape but generally just a sweet fruity floral. It did make me sneeze quite a lot so it may not be worn often.

Titania is very fruity and sweet on me, I get mostly peach and grape with maybe a little bit of rose. It's pretty and girly, it reminds me alot of La Belle au Bois Dormant. I like this but I think that I would find it too sweet to wear all the time, I think I'll save it for certain occasions.

Edited by becca_s

Imp/wet: sweet, juicy fruirts, and florals.

Dry/dry: still very much the same but a little stronger.

Overall: this is very well blended I couldn't really pick out single notes because of this. It is really pretty, and kind of flirty, makes me feel happy, flirty, and pretty as i'm wearing it! I love it, and want a big bottle for sure!

In the imp, Titania was the most enchanting blend I had ever smelled since Lady Of Shallott(probably even more so than LOS) and it is as summer-like as Lady Of Shallot is autumn-like. It was so beautiful I was honestly afraid of trying it on because I thought my heart wouldn't take it if it didn't work on me. It's very sweet and crystalline-ly light, just hypnotic.

On the skin - the first thing I smell is a burning sharpness I was not expecting, but it settles down to blossom into a floral note that is unexpectedly becoming but I can't identify. If this perfume was a color it would be a a golden orange with silvery glitters - the ripeness of peach really dominates for a good sweet moment, but there's also an heat about this scent that makes you to feel regal and sexy, like you were embraced by a warm, summery glow.

Over time it's like the sharp florals sweeten and the fruity notes even out with them creating a balance of sweet and warm and ethereal and lovely. Gorgeous.

I think I am in love but I need to pray tht this lasts on me because if it does, I might have found my ideal signature summer scent- which I would be just fantastic considering how much I love the literary Titania and her play.

I rate it proudly 10/5!

Titania is an ethereal, super-feminine scent. If it were a color, it would be a pale green. The notes I smell are pear, some florals I can't identify, and something vaguely bubblegummy. It gives an impression of water without smelling of ozone. It's not a heavy scent at all--it's pretty faint on me. I could see this being a lovely, subtle scent for warm weather.

Frimp from the lab!

Today I was in the mood for a bright/sparkling scent, something to lift my spirits while I'm stuck in a basement office on a cold, cloudy day. I went through my imp pouch and picked out Titania because she seemed like she'd be a bright girl. I checked the notes and the list of fruits alone lifted my spirits- and then I saw there's sweet pea!

I can't even begin to tell you guys how much I love sweet pea. I got a bunch of sweet pea body lotions/sprays from Bath and Body Works for Christmas and now I have a bpal with sweet pea! Oh my gosh, I am so excited!

However, it's my time of the month which typically means fruits turn into sickly sweet candy, if Imp and the Vine are any indication, but I must try this now.

In the imp: Bright, sparkling fruit with a breath of floral. I think the floral is a mix of the sweet pea and rose, but it's hard to tell. Nothing in particular is standing out but even if it remains like this, that's ok with me. It's very cheerful!

Wet: SWEET PEA!!!! Loud, bright, wonderful sweet pea and a bit of green grass and a hint of snapdragon! This is so lovely I could cry! :heart:

Dry-down: Here come the fruits. They smell a bit juicy and darker than the sweet pea. If the wet stage is like being out in the bright sunlight, then the dry-down is like moving to the shade.

Dry: It's now fruit candy, very subdued sweet pea, and light musky rose. The fruits here are indeed like how the fruits in Imp and the Vine were during my time of the month tests- sticky hard candies, and not very appealing ones. Luckily, even though the candy is the most prominent right now, it's not making me gag or giving me a headache, so that's good, I guess!

When wet this blend is phenomenal. It's exactly what I wanted. Buuuut the dry-down and dry stages weren't all that great. I'm not giving up hope, though, because I know it's just my current skin chem's fault. The Vine was nasty until I retested it at a later date and now it's a favorite.

So you know what, I'll give this another go in a week or two and then write up an update. (: In the meantime, I'm going to dab some sweet pea lotion on my wrists and see if it mellows the candy smell, haha.

[edit]

It's a week later and I'm trying it again. The wet stage is the same but the dry-down has only bare hints of fruit candy and is still mostly sweet pea and snapdragon.

Dry it gets very soft and a bit powdery. There's a wee bit of peach hard candy in there and a suggestion of musk and juicy grapes. Its color is green.

It's definitely much nicer now, but I was hoping it would wow me more in the dry stages. I don't know about getting a bottle, but I'm definitely keeping the imp. Who knows, maybe this will age really well. (:

Edited by tharsei-thanate

I keep trying to describe this and all I'm getting is "oooh, pretty". Whereas Strawberry Moon is summer in a bottle, Titania is spring in a bottle, all ripe young fruits and sweet (rather than perfumey) blooming flowers. I do wish it had more throw/lasted longer though.

This is a very well-blended scent. I can smell fruits and flowers, but I can't pick out a particular fruit or flower: not even sweet pea, and I have amped sweet pea in other blends from the Lab.

A few minutes after I dabbed this on, I thought, "Oh no, candle store." It seemed as if all the different fruits and flowers together were going to become like walking into Yankee Candle, which my nose finds overwhelming. Luckily, they settled down after a few more minutes.

Titania reminds me slightly of a late 80s-early 90s perfume called Demi-Jour, though I don't know what the notes were in that, so I can't say if they share any.

On me this is warm, bright, and regal. I'll be wearing it again, especially for midsummer in a few weeks.

In the imp: Fresh floral, mostly rose, with light fruit notes.

Wet on skin: Oh, the rose is beautiful! It's a sugared rose, with refreshing ... is that watermelon? Well, no, it's not watermelon (I sneaked a peak at the notes). I think the fruit is blended just so, that all my feeble mind can surmise is watermelon.

Dry on skin: Freshly sugared flowers and light refreshing fruits.

This is a wonderful scent, perfect for spring or summer. It does remind me a little of Love, but without the whipped cream portion.

I think this scent falls in line with Les Bijoux, Rose Cross and Love. These all have a similar feel in that they're floral, but without being overwhelming and fruity, without being cloying.

So if you like fruity florals, you'll enjoy Titania.

This is gorgeous from the imp to the dry down. It smells like sparkling fruit mixed with dew-drenched florals. There's a total freshness to this, like I feel like I just chopped up some fruit to eat, and I'm sitting in a garden eating. I want a full bottle!

Imp: LORD JESUS THIS SMELLS SO GOOD. I'm not getting any distinct notes, just very fruity and sweet. But not like candy, more like flavored ice tea. Its fantastic.

Wet: Ahhhh, there's the sweet pea, acting as a breath of fresh air over the fruits. Mmmmm...

Dry (10 minutes): Honeydew melon and sweet peas! A hint of pear as well. I think I'm in love.

Dry (4 hours): This one has not morphed on my skin, if any difference, I'm getting a little of the grape now. It has faded quite a good deal though.

Dry (6 hours): The only scent remaining is floral, and its just barely there. Maybe I should have applied a bit more.

Consensus: Head over heels! I'll be getting a bottle come summer.

Sniffed: A burst of dewy, juicy, pale-green sweetness, backed by a soft pale note strongly reminiscent of white musk.

On skin: There are many notes in Titania and I can't distinguish any single one: they are all blending together to make a glorious cornucopia of fruit and florals. Lush, heady-sweet, very wet and dewy, rounded without any sharp edges. These airy notes are anchored by a very soft base note that can only be white musk, even though it's not listed. This base note gives the blend a feeling of gloom and gentle darkness, that contrasts very well with the brighter florals. The sparkling juiciness burns off quickly with drydown, and it becomes musky and soft with fruity sweetness. It has significant sillage for such an airy scent. (Once I was also testing Iago on my other wrist, and that villain was quite drowned out by the faerie queen!)

I can only describe Titania as a green-white scent -- indeed, my colour impression is luminous moonstone glistening with water droplets. I'm reminded of Endymion, Helena and 51, and maybe Moonshine and Mist, all of which are similar dewy fruit-florals. (All long swapped so I can't compare them.)

Verdict: As with the other Illyria scents, Titania is perfect for its namesake: the Queen of the Faeries glimpsed by night, adorned with flowers and fruit, filled with laughter, regal yet gossamer. It's a lovely, complex fruity-floral perfume, quite perfect for summer. I happen to be greatly lacking in light, summery scents, so I'm definitely keeping my imp.

I've been frimped this particular scent from the Lab twice now (are they trying to tell me something? :lol: ), and it's definitely a delightful scent. I love light, sweet scents like sweet pea and pear, so this was on my "order it some time" list already, and I'm glad I got it.

In the imp and wet on my skin, I get a lot of very light, crisp fruit--it almost smells like it's chilled, that way that grapes and pears have a distinct smell to them when they've been in the fridge, that's different from room-temperature. Mostly smelling grape and pear, with nothing that says "peach" to me at this point. There's also a definite floral, with sweet pea and...I think the moonflower? It's light, sweet, and pleasant; very dainty and airy.

As it dries, I get a little more of the sweet pea, and a bit of peach to go with the other fruits, which makes it a bit sweeter than most of my summery scents. I like it, and I'll possibly-probably end up using it all this summer, if my tendency to slather myself with light, flowery/fruity scents in the summer holds. That said, I might love it, but I'm not above sharing the BPAL goodness; I gave the second imp to my mum, like a good little enabler. (It marks her second BPAL, as I gave her an imp of Ave Maria Gratia Plena for Christmas.)

In the imp: Exactly as described. This does indeed smell like a fairy perfume worthy of its namesake! Absolutely stunning!

Wet on skin: Not as light & sparkly as in the imp. More musky.

Dry on skin: Light, beautiful flowers, fresh fruits & something I can only describe as "fairy magic"! This is GORGEOUS!

After a few hours: Much muskier than when it first dried, but still SO pretty!

Verdict: This is one of my absolute favourite BPAL perfumes, especially for Spring & Summer! I really need to get a bottle of this!

Wet and in the bottle, this is ripeness bottled--not really discernably fruity or floral, just ripe. A deep sniff brings out pear and rose and another fruit. After a few minutes, the sweet pea comes out and it begins to smell like the Bath and Body Works lotion. Going to give it to my sister to try, since she loves the lotion, this is only OK--wish it stayed truer to the bottle scent, which is lovely!

In the imp - Well, hello grape. Looks like you brought a few friends.

Wet - Fruitier than expected. Juicy fruits. I almost feel like there’s orange in here.

Drydown - This might be the first pear blend that I’m not stark raving mad about. Rose and sweetpea are gettin’ all floral up in here.

Verdict - I’m left with the impression of fairy fruit punch. As an aside, Titania is delightful when layered with Fae.

In the imp: Fruit juice.

Wet on my skin: Already gorgeous. It's mostly sweet pea and pear right now. Mmmm.

Dry: This fades quickly, but it's just lovely while it lasts. It's mostly sweet pea and icy pear on my skin, with just a hint of rose and juicy peach. It's a cool purple scent, and one of the nicer surprises from this last order. It doesn't last long enough to order more, but I'll surely enjoy this imp!

I received this as a frimp from the lab, and would never have ordered this based on the description. However, it was one of the first things I sampled from my order because it just smelled so delicious- a well balanced, effervescent, fruity floral. Once I put it on, it went a little Jolly Rancher on me, but not so badly that I washed it off. Poor sillage and longevity on my dry skin. I do like wearing this to work during the summer as it's innocent and inoffensive.