Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
MrsDevilDog

The Fox-Woman Kuzunoha Leaving Her Child

White tea, cherry blossom, wisteria, star jasmine, and teak.

Single word:Elegant

This really does evoke the feelings of a child being left. It's like when you're little trying on your mother's fancy dresses. Here, it's spring outside and as her mother walks away, a trace of perfume mixes with the scent of the morning breeze.

Very, very fresh and lovely. I seem to get no wood and can't detect the cherry blossom but I believe I'm amping the wisteria *(which is very much like gardenia) somehow because the flower note doesn't seem the same to me as the jasmine in other blends. Perhaps this is different because it is "star" jasmine. It's a very sweet, almost honeyed flower with humidity.

Great spring scent! Edited by Shollin

First impression: cherry blossom!

second impression: soapy cherry blossom!

but a nice soapy cherry blossom.

A bit of tea and teak mixed in.

Sniff. Hmm. Sniff. Oh my. Sniff. How can I sniff myself without the other people around me looking at me strangely?

Sniff. Oh yea, I forgot what instant love for a scent was.

I was surprised to see a decent number of reviews didn't scream WHITE TEA! I'm really sensitive to white an green tea, so maybe my nose sensed danger and kept shrieking the whole time.

In imp: white tea and cherry blossom. I'm hesitant to try this so I apply with a grimace.

Wet: oh boy. tea. Screeching tea burning my nose. Why did I do that? Jasmine is there but not saving me a bit.

Drydown: still tea. I really wish I could tolerate white and green tea and envy those that get all the beneficial antioxidants. My nose burns and I need to wash this off. I am the definition of insanity right now.

It's subtle to start. I'm getting the tea and the wisteria, and the undertone of wood. Complex and nice.

That Fox-Woman is a funny one. I worried about it being too light and skewing toward shampoo territory like so many other cherry blossom scents do, but instead I get a lot of heavy, elegant florals. It smells like my mother or a perfume my mother would wear, which is pretty fitting I suppose, but means it's off to swaps. (Or maybe off to my mother's house!)

Alright this is one of my favorite scents they have made of the Salon line. Upon Opening it I could smell a very soft yet very fragrant aroma of Tea and Wisteria, oddly enough there was this strange cool scent to it as well that reminded me of a fine mist at night and it had a sort of mournful scent feel to it. Upon my skin is where the Cherry blossom and Jasmine came into play and it was absolutely lovely. After a while though it starts to get rather subtle though and while that is good for intimate moments it just wasn't the right punch for those who weren't directly sniffing me. Sometimes I'd get people saying something smelled wonderful around me though but these were people who could sharpen there senses just a bit. Was it worth the Bottle, Hell yeah I enjoy the crap out of this one.

P.S. I went to a Japanese Teahouse the other day and as soon as I entered the door I was immediately bombarded with compliments on how I smelled absolutely amazing! Must remember to wear that scent the next time I go there.

To me this smells like a musky floral, which I guess must be the combination of the teak and star jasmine. It's very nice but not a keeper for me because it has NO throw whatsoever - I can't smell it an inch away from my wrist, only if I get my nose right up in it, and my hair ate it so I can't smell it there at all (and I really do like to smell my perfume wafting about when I toss my hair!). So basically my verdict is that it's a nice smell... but I can't smell it without lots of effort.

Gorgeous scent. Smells like freshly brewed jasmine tea. The florals are gentle and sweet and the tea note is quite prominent and fresh, maybe too astringent for some--stronger than the floral notes, to my nose. It is definitely white tea, with that sharp clear freshness to it, rather than green or black tea. The overall impression is fresh and sharply floral, and more on the commercial perfume end of the spectrum than many BPALs.

The first few moments this was white tea and cherry blossoms and it was so delicate and pretty! But as always the jasmine just took over. It's dominant although a little less powerful and in your face than usual on me. A softer jasmine, but all jasmine nonetheless.

HOLY WHITE TEA AND JASMINE, BATMAN! I knew I amped jasmine like a wild thing but it's like the combination of jasmine note with these other components has made it so the man on the moon can smell me! This is very powerful.

CRAZY AMOUNTS OF JASMINE with a very nice white tea note in the background. it seems like jasmine is a love it or hate it note for most people; i personally do not have a lot of experience with it as i tend to avoid florals. i actually don't mind this and like the pure jasmine tea vibe but it is super crazy strong. i would have to go easy on this one if i wore it out! anyway, i actually kind of like it and mind wear it some day when i am in a rare floral mood.