Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Neko

Floral Recs for those who usually don't like florals

I am looking for a soft, innocent, romantic floral scent. I want to avoid anything too heavy, dark, cloying or sweet. I am trying to find something youthful but not childish. I'm particularly interested in scents that feel "pink"...

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be delighted to hear them! Help me avoid the "old lady perfume" trap!

Glasgow might be close to what you're looking for. It's almost a faery like femininity on me, but it's soft and gentle and it does give me that pink feel, I think it's the heather that does that.

Queen Mab! It's very pink. Innocent in it's purity (on me, it's fresh flowers, very true-to-life), but not little girly innocence. It's carefree. Not sure I would call it romantic, though.

Endymion is very soft, gently floral, and feminine. I don't know if it struck me as pink, but it fits all the other criteria and it really is beautiful.

I second Endymion, if you can handle a sweet pear scent with the floral (though it always struck me as pale green instead of pink).

I also second Maiden, which is very pink.

ETA: Regan is a nice, girly, vanilla floral. It's a creamy-whitish-yellow. I adore it. Also, I second the Unicorn, which is lovely but silvery-blue.

Edited by Sheila

I'd go Queen Mab! Pink is the first color I think of when I think of this blend :P

Ophelia is more white/aquatic.

Kali is a nice clean scent on me. But others have vastly different opinions about her.

I thought Desdemona was too floral and cloying on me.

Body chemistry is a funny thing..."heavy, dark, cloying and sweet" is *exactly* how I would describe Queen Mab on me!

I think Desdemona fits the criteria, but I would describe it as pale blue rather than pink...and I agree with pale green for Endymion, though I think it's pretty sweet. Katharina is soft and feminine, and apricot colored, of course.

I would say (Old) Kyoto fits the bill the best. It smells soft and pink to me. Jezebel smells very feminine and pink to me as well, but it's dangerously close to sweet and cloying territory; I have to be in the right mood to wear it. Juliet is very feminine, it might work for you, though I'm not sure I'd call it pink. It does smell like a classic couture perfume, and that's what some people mean when they say "old lady", so if you're one of those people then maybe not.

Eos - Young, Innocent, Girly.

Juliet

Also, Tamora may not be floral, but it's very young girlish! :P

There have already been so many great recommendations. I'm going to have to third (or forth? or fifth?) Maiden. It's just insanely beautiful. Insanely. Of course, I might be biased, seeing as how it's my favorite BPAL oil. :P It does seem to fit all of your requirements, though.

Edited by riddel

I'd also suggest Empyreal Mist, which is extremely wispy and delicate. It's green, but definitely wispy and romantic. :P

I find Amsterdam (Old Amsterdam) to be very fresh, soft, and romantic! It's green but with pink tulips in bloom! :P

I am looking for a soft, innocent, romantic floral scent. I want to avoid anything too heavy, dark, cloying or sweet. I am trying to find something youthful but not childish. I'm particularly interested in scents that feel "pink"...

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be delighted to hear them! Help me avoid the "old lady perfume" trap!

Moon Rose

Black Dahlia is white, but feminine

Maybe Goneril

Tiger Lily is a nice girly floral but a little bit sweet

(since we are already swapping, if you haven't tried the last 3 and want a partial imp thrown in just let me know. I only have imps of those but would be willing to share enough so you could try them.)

Edited by VorpalBunny

Moon Rose

Black Dahlia is white, but feminine

Maybe Goneril

Tiger Lily is a nice girly floral but a little bit sweet

(since we are already swapping, if you haven't tried the last 3 and want a partial imp thrown in just let me know.  I only have imps of those but would be willing to share enough so you could try them.)

I have Moon rose and Goneril, but I haven't had a chance to try Black Dahlia or Tiger Lily. A partial imp would be wonderful! Thank you so much!

Neko, here's a warning...

Black Dahlia is by no means light or gentle.... might just be my aversion to gardenia, but I had to wash it off maybe 10 minutes into wearing, it was just getting more & more cloying....

I recommend Libertine. it's gorgeous, feminine and soft. not too heavy on the nose.

Anything with geranium (Ave Maria Gratia Plena, Goneril...) tends to get soapy, and it's not a very gentle note... so I'd be careful not to overdo it.

Dissipation was good, alas, it's discontinued. it had a sexiness to it, powdery light green flower would be the best description. But feminine and gentle. Shame it's gone.

Pele's good, I hope it won't disappear on you within 10 minutes like it did on me. if you can get it to last, then it's def. a romantic scent.

Xiuhtecuhtli is amazing. The floral part in it is one of the most creamy, sexy, and subtle floral notes I've ever worn. It has some sweet orange on top to give it spark, and smoke to deepen it, but the most part in it are the flowers. I don't know which part of it your skin will choose to amplify, but if it's the floral, you're in for a treat.