Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Heavenlyrabbit

Resurrection of the Flesh

Resurrection of the Flesh, Luca Signorelli.
Frankincense, hyssop, heliochrysum, ylang ylang, copal, angelica, and rose geranium.

Incense and florals. Frankincense, hyssop and rose geranium seem to be the most noticeable notes. This is suprisingly light! This smells like a ritual scent, or something that you would wear in a catholic church. Solemn, yet beautiful. Not alot of throw, so you can be a bit liberal when you apply this. I like this quite a bit.

I have been very excited about this scent for some time. This is sort of what I wanted Rose Cross to be like--it is the frankincense (and there is definitely a cedar edge to this scent) and hyssop tinged with rose geranium. It's light, but not imperceptible, and would be a gorgeous Spring scent. It's like a more sophisticated version of Hymn, with a harder (smokier?) edge from the frankincense

this reminds me a bit of chrysanthemum moon but it's a bit softer. perhaps it's the heliochrysum, which i assume may smell similar to mums? the copal is in the background and blends beautifully with the florals. i usually cannot wear frankincense or ylang ylang, but i dont sense either of them in this at all. must get a big bottle! :P

Spicy incensey floral - I'm not a huge geranium fan, and the rose geranium is a standout in this blend. It is pretty, but a little too dusty/flowery for my taste.

This is a very mild frankincense and geranium blend that is pretty but not as strong as I expected. It took a while before this blend warmed up to my skin. I actually put it on several times before I could even smell it. I think though that I didn't need to put so much on, I just needed to wait for all the notes to get used to me. After the initial waiting period, it finally did blossom into a beautiful, lightly spicy scent. I'm glad I purchased a bottle. :P

Upon initial application all I can smell is a slightly sweeter resiny composition. There is a hint of Indian spice and on drydown the angelica becomes evident but only discernible from afar – not when I sniff where I’ve applied the fragrance up close! I really like the sweetness and this may be well worth keeping but I’ll have to retest it. Might be too spicy and resinous for my tastes. This might be very nice for a guy, it’s a very warm scent.

First sniff: It smells a bit appley to me. Incense and apples.

Wearing: Nope, no apples. Just deep dark resins and churchiness.

imp: frankincense with something wonderfully sweet added.

wet: a deep, sweet incense smell. the throw on this is pretty intense.

dry: this even dries to a wonderful incense smell! like right after the incense has burned out and the whole room is just full to brimming with frangrant smoke. that's what this smells like on me.

mmm... to me this smells like sun bathed skin... perhaps what a nun would smell like if she sunbathed between masses?

I love the complexity of this, and the feeling of it, but I don't see there being enough places to really wear this to justify a bottle.

Its more of a feeling you want to have than a perfume you want to smell, IMO.

This reminds me a lot of Tzadikim Nistarim, which makes sense given the frankincense and hyssop, but it has the same gentle sweetness--not aggressive resins in the slightest. I can just about get the ylang ylang but not the rose geranium, unless I use a bit of imagination. (I can smell the herbal/floral element just fine in the bottle, mind, but my skin loves resins.) Tzadikim Nistarim is one of my all-time favourites, and this has the same calming, spiritual quality.

I am beginning to suspect that I am not a fan of copal. This blend is kinda incensey, and sweeter than I expected, and I think that might be the copal. The rose geranium smells like roses, so it's a sweet, rosey incensey kind of blend on me.

Yeah. Not for me.

Sweetness and resin.

Drying, I can smell the rose geranium. Fortunately it doesn't take over. On me, this is sweet, sweet resins. Resins and florals sweetened almost to the point of seeming edible. I can imagine candied flowers smelling something like this.

I like!

Oooh this is like the older, more sophisticated sister to Ginnevre L'artist du Diable on me :D The hyssop is really lovely and the frankincense gives it an ethereal, dusty quality without going powdery. Light throw but good staying power. Keeper!

in the imp: this is all about the ylang and the geranium, with a slight fuzziness beyond the geranium which is, I think, the frankincense.

on the wrist: the frankincense quickly comes through to dominate, which is a bit of a pity, and I rather liked the promise of the imp. My wrists quickly diverge, and the right is more floral than the left.

A half-hour on, and it's all about the frankincense and copal, with just a hint of the ylang ylang haunting the major notes on the right wrist.

An hour on, and it's morphed into an entire smell, without indistinguishable notes. I get the suggestion of floral, rather than actual flowers (if that makes any sense) and then all the fuzzy warmth in the world.

Not unpleasant, but I don't think it's very me.

In imp: sweet and woody. Definite geranium back end.

Wet: sweetness (angelica?) with a touch of ..I don't know.. allspice? and floral bouquet starting to head up.

Drydown: This is the interesting part. I glowing bright spicy floral with a prominent warm sweet resin stays and stays. I really didn't expect to like this one because my nose gets confused if there's a crowd in the bottle. I was really surprised that the rose geranium worked so nicely and held it's ground!

Complex, sophisticated without being stuffy, uptight or high-strung. Just the right amount of sexy that doesn't blast a neon "open" sign to everyone in your smellable range.

5 stars!

Sniff: Whoa, I pick up something citrus, definitely not expected. It's got an incense base, but I didn't think it would be fruity as well

Wet: The fruit mellows. It's less tangy and more of a sweet suggestion. There's a brightness to this blend which takes me by surprise. There's hints of yellow flowers and a dry herbal quality, wrapped beneath a core of dense incense

Dry: As it dries, this deepens, becomes more dry and heavy. I can still detect soft florals and herbs, but mostly it's a golden incense.

Floral heavy, kind of heady at first. Dries to a heady floral with a touch of frankincense. I'm getting something sweet and candylike here, like powdered cherry lick m aide. Nice to try, but not for me.

Resurrection of the Flesh is all resiny florals on me and a hit of copal. The frankincense, copal, and rose geranium are the notes I pick up most, and it is powdery and sweet-ish, in a way that surprises me. The ylang and ylang and heliochrysum come out more on the drydown, and the hyssop and angelica are tough to pick out. It smells floral and herbal and resiny a couple of hours in, with that sweet powder clinging to it still. It smells like a perfume from another time.