Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Vieux Carre

ooh... this is really remarkable!

wet: lush wet flowers; rose, jasmine, honeysuckle, gardenia, and maybe magnolia?

dry: wow, this is strong. it's still a warm blend of gorgeous flowers. the jasmine in this blend has no sharpness or soapiness to it. it smells strongly of gardenia on dry down.

:P

How is it that I've never reviewed this one, since it's one of my absolute favorite scents?

I don't even remember where I first got a tester of this one, but I've since managed to get my hands on a bottle, and it's one of the very few bottles that would have to be pried out of my hands.

It's like Bayou and New Orleans got together and had a lovely smelling baby. It's got the mossiness of Bayou, with the jasmine (yum!) of New Orleans. I get no rose at all from it (nor from New Orleans) but that's most likely because my skin amps jasmine to high hell and back.

--M

This is a very grassy green floral with that dreaded Cat Pee Jasmine of Doom that ruins everything for me. Sometimes I also amp grass for some strange reason, like in Strawberry Moon 09, and here it is agin. I don't get to enjoy any of the bright spring day it should evoke because of my damned chemistry. In short my skin basically turns this into grass clippings sprayed with cat pee. Lovely image, I know. <_<

In the bottle: An absolutely lush jasmine. There's one perfumery in particularly in NOLA that this reminds me of- Bourbon French. More than once I've walked in there and the smell of jasmine and other light florals has pervaded the air. Many of the fancy boutiques have that jasmine smell to them too! Smelling this was just like being back in the Quarter INSIDE the stores.

On my skin: Very heady jasmine, very pleasant! A hint of magnolia and something else aquatic, like a distant bayou.

Dry down: Much more magnolia, the jasmine distant, like being in a courtyard tucked away from the streets. So pleasant! I wish it was released!

A bit later still: Roses! sweet tea rose and jasmine! Wow! What a morpher! Beautiful!

Edited by The Poison Queen

I know I had a lab labelled imp of this at some point but forgot to review this. This is definitely tea roses, jasmine and a touch of magnolia. Definitely juicy Southern floral - heady, juicy, and very powerful. Great throw and wearlength, of course, for all things jasmine.