Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
beetiger

BPAL scents appropriate for very young children?

I admit it -- I seem to have enabled my 2 1/2 year old son. He loves to look through my imp collection and pick things for me to open so he can sniff them. ("I wanna smell on the little stick, Mommy!). He gives me reviews of new scents (even though they are usually just "Good" or "Bad"). He likes to tell me what I should wear in the morning. ("Mommy, you wearing White Rabbit today, okay? It smell like tea."). He comes with me to the mailbox, and we both look in hopefully. ("We get a package of perfume in there today?") :P

And now he's got a personal scent. Delirium. ("Delirium, put it on my wrist, okay? I smelling a little rosy now. Mmmm I smell good on my hand.") He insisted on wearing some to preschool on Tuesday; if the teachers noticed, they didn't say anything. :D

Any other good recommendations for scents appropriate for very young boys?

Hmm. I think a toddler's skin might be a bit sensitive to a lot of the oils. A lot of these are 85-100% essential oils.

As far as soft baby-ish scents, I think Dana O'Shee or any of the milky-type ones would be most appropriate. But I'd wait until he was a wee bit older to let him wear much.

Hmm. I think a toddler's skin might be a bit sensitive to a lot of the oils. A lot of these are 85-100% essential oils.

Good point. I should probably make him a dilution of his beloved Delirium.

My five-year old son loves Fenris Wolf and Villian. He makes his teacher give him a sniff when he wears them. Miss F., if you're here, hi! It's Ben's mom!

My two year old daughter loves bpal too...Eclipse and Kitsune-Tsuki. I'm very careful what I put on the baby, though, because she's a baby. But she got into my Bloodlust and my Grandmother of Ghosts (that'll teach me to enable auntie!) and her skin was fine.

She smelled good, too.

MIDWAY!!!! :P

how cool is a scent that brings back childhood memories, but on skin that has all that good stuff to look forward to??!

way to go, you're making the world smell beautiful.. one body at a time!!! :D

all of the wee shelldoo's have their "signature scents" the list is as follows:

melody the 13y/o: midway

valerie 10: pink phoenix

kolbi 6:flower moon

landis (my wee boy):sugar cookie

i would also consider dana o shee, gingerbread poppet, bliss, milk moon, chaste moon, jailbait (rofl), dragon's milk, snow white, sybaris, black opal, antique lace, peony moon, egg nog, sugar skull, alice

my 8 year old daughter is either neutral to the preciousss or rolls her eyes when another package comes in the mail (sometimes i think she is a changeling or something she is so unlike me!) but she did finally find a scent she rather likes.........Bordello!

::laughs::

it smells like cotton candy on her.

My 13 year old has 5 mls of Kumiho and 2, 5 and 7, and imps of Rose Red, Gypsy Queen, Kitsune-Tsuki and Holiday Moon that she wears all the time.

My 5 year old always clamors to try on perfumes when I get them in - so far, his favorites were Sugar Skull and Bliss.

The baby (15 months) inevitably winds up smelling of whatever I'm wearing that day, but I notice she smells sweetest when I wear White Rabbit. :P

Edited by harmonyfb

I bet a young boy might like Jack. The story is cool and it smells like pumpkin. (Except on me. On me, it smells like microwave popcorn.)

I bet a young boy might like Jack. The story is cool and it smells like pumpkin. (Except on me. On me, it smells like microwave popcorn.)

you're not alone dearest enabler, I too smell of cheap buttered popcorn...

I was thinking Fae because it smells of Fruit Punch to me.

My mom used to drench me in perfume from about day 1. Once the first grade teacher told her,"I love it when your daughter comes to class, she always smells so good." As the twig is bent, so groweth the tree.

I have scented my littlest boy's hair with Honey Moon since he was teeny tiny. Mmmmmm. I second the Dana O'shee. My 4 year old loves Snow White, Eos (because he knows there is honeysuckle and buttercup~his favorites), and O (honey sweet). We are falling in love with Alice all over again, too! We love to check the mail together, especially for swaps packages, secretly hoping for little candies and fruity tea! :P BPAL brings families together! :D

We are falling in love with Alice all over again, too!

Us too! My almost 3 yo daughter wants to have perfume like mommy. I rummaged through my imps and found Alice and put a tiny dot on her wrist--it's so HER! So now we have to get a bottle, to share :P

Snow White and Dana O Shee really do sound like other nice ones for sharing with children. I wonder if the Raven would also be nice? I seem to remember comparisons to baby shampoo in some of the reviews...

My nephew is 4, and absolutely loves my oils. He often comes into my room asking for some 'smell good stuff' and can sometimes be found sneaking into them. For the most part I just let him dig into my imp box, and then tell him the name of which one it is he picked [well, most of the time] and let him sniff it before putting some on the side of his hands. He's not all that picky, but is very fond of the the Ars Draconis line.

This morning's adventure included Serpent's Kiss and him bouncing over the fact that he smelled spicy and like peppers. Then he got a sniff of my Skuld tainted wrist and literally attached his nose to my wrist.

My sister applies a drop of Alice to her 3 year old daughters' hair bow in the morning. So sweet! People always say she smells wonderful.

He's not all that picky, but is very fond of the the Ars Draconis line.

Ah, YES! Dragon's Milk is a favorite around here.It is still our monster spray a year later...

I like putting a little dab of Roadhouse on my 2 year old. It's so dandelion chain flowers. I love it!

I'm actually hoping for a scent that's apples and cloves. Reminds me of one of my holiday "projects" we'd do, pushing cloves into apples to make eyes.. with marshmellows and er, I can't even remember what else.

*tries to find appropriate thread* :P

I don't have kids of my own (not for a loooooong time yet) but I'm the oldest of nine kids, and most of them are still in elementary school. My six-year-old sister, who still insists that she's 'my girl,' has been coming over for the last week, saying 'make me smell like cake!'

She likes the Monster Baits, that she does. :P My youngest brother (three years) likes Closet, but the seven-year-old girl loves the Hesperides. She liked Lolita, too, but my mom won't let me share it, saying she doesn't want to have to explain things. :D

I don't have kids of my own (not for a loooooong time yet) but I'm the oldest of nine kids, and most of them are still in elementary school. My six-year-old sister, who still insists that she's 'my girl,' has been coming over for the last week, saying 'make me smell like cake!'

She likes the Monster Baits, that she does. :D My youngest brother (three years) likes Closet, but the seven-year-old girl loves the Hesperides. She liked Lolita, too, but my mom won't let me share it, saying she doesn't want to have to explain things. :D

:P Yeah there are a whole lot of ones that could cause issues with names. Hmmm. For a little boy - how about Bliss? Chocolate should be good. Or any of the "dirt" ones like Penny Dreadful.

Edited by hologhost

I'm actually hoping for a scent that's apples and cloves. Reminds me of one of my holiday "projects" we'd do, pushing cloves into apples to make eyes.. with marshmellows and er, I can't even remember what else.

I'd recommend Samhain, mulled cider and spices!

My two year old daughter G absolutely adores BPAL, and has ever since I got my first batch of imps. She loves to sniff them and sometimes she'll tell me what they smell like - "cookies", "choccie-lick", flowers, princess etc. She once spilled an entire bottle of Bliss on herself trying to smell it and she didn't have a bad skin reaction although I wouldn't like to risk it with any of the oils with more complex ingredients.. I don't ever let her touch or smell imps without me supervising and I actually keep all of my bottle and vials in a locked box just in case.

Right now, I let her wear a few drops of Tiger Lily, Bliss, and Regan. She really loves sniffing her wrist and holding it out for others to test. :P

Hehe, I actually just gave my mom a few imps for my younger sisters (ages six and seven); the six-year-old got to pick them out of my box. We went through a whole ritual of opening each imp; I carefully pulled off the caps and held them out for her, and she solemnly sniffed each one.

She left very satisfied, with Lady Macbeth clutched in one hand ("it smells like purple soda!") and Jailbait in the other. This is not my fault. I wasn't expecting to have her in my box, and she was very insistent on trying them all - and Jailbait does, after all, smell like Bazooka bubblegum, which is a very appealing thing to little girls who are not allowed to have gum for reasons we don't speak about but may or may not involve scissors and their two-year-old brother's hair.

My mom gave me a long-suffering sigh, removed the label, and grumbled about how now her fingers were going to smell like bubblegum every day after she helped Abby put on her 'big girl perfume.'

:P