Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Dragon Moon 2006

In Imperial China, the Dragon was the symbol of the Emperor's power, and to this day, the concept and the image of the Dragon is considered sacrosanct. The Dragon is a symbol of power, the Lord of weather and water. The Dragon Moon celebrates the glory and vigor of Springtime: dragon's blood resin, tea leaf, bamboo reed, sandalwood and cherry blossom.

First Sniff:
Holiday Moon + Dragon's Blood. More specifically the tea leaf pops out more then anything. I can barely make out the sandalwood and the cherry blossom is non existant.

Wet:
Oh my. Dragon's Blood is REALLY strong on me, it almost overpowers everything else. There's a hint of tea (or something else green) but I just get this strong smell of dragon's blood that completely obliterates everything else.

Drydown:
WOW. The other scents are coming together to fight for dominance,it's like there's an epic battle on my wrist. WHO WILL WIN? THE OTHER NOTES OR THE DRAGON?! It's very green on me right now with a hazy tinge of red. It reminds me a lot of Neo-Tokyo actually, must be the shared note of Cherry Blossom.

Aftermath:
The asian moons have been hit and miss for me (mostly miss) but if you can deal with the inital blast of Dragon's Blood I think you might enjoy this particular moon. I definitely wasn't expecting it to drydown into this dragonteafloral but it did and its lovely.

Given the description, I thought Dragon's Blood would have a starring role in this blend. However, I can hardly detect it. Dragon Moon, on me, is a green floral with a dash of fruit and tea. It's kind of sweet, but doesn't have the heady, lush scent I associate with Dragon's Blood. I'm definitely getting the bamboo note, and the tea note, but not a lot of sandalwood. There's a distinct "wet" feeling to this scent -- it's like sipping a cup of cherry-scented green tea in a bamboo forest, with tropical blooms all around. A nice spring floral for the rainy season.

In Bottle: Cherry blossom

On Skin: Oh, this is sweet and springlike! The cherry blossom and tea lea are the dominant notes. A very bright, warm, and fresh floral! I think the tea and bamboo give it a very crisp clean feel, while the cherry blossom and Dragon’s Blood help sweeten it a bit. The sandalwood is so light, just enough to give it a clean woody base. This has a very Aisan feel to it, similar to Holiday Moon but with a red tone from the Dragon’s Blood. I’m happy the Dragon’s Blood isn’t stronger, it actually is much lighter than expected. The throw is vert strong and so is the staying power, a little goes a long way. This scent really wakesme up and is quite stimulating to the senses. I like how elegant it feels, I may wear this on special occasions.

Edit: While wearing it again, I get a fresh citrus note as well... hmm... very pretty and bright.

Edited by slave1

Wow, another bloomer. Dragon Moon smelled odd in the bottle to me, a mix of the tea and the bamboo. I couldn't smell any dragon's blood at all!

Then I put some on and it was like ka-pow! The cherry blossom note emerged and it is the most beautiful smell---so pretty and delicate and sweet. The tea leaf, bamboo, and sandalwood are all in the background---on my skin the cherry blossom is the star. The dragon's blood is so well blended here it almost merges with the sandalwood.

I wore this to the gym this afternoon and it was so nice to work out with the smell of cherry blossoms in the air around me!

At first it was strong, but that phase fades pretty quickly. If you think it smells too bold or powerful at first, give it 15-20 minutes.

Dry, it smells mainly like tea and sandalwood on my skin, with a woody floral scent over the top (I'm guessing that's the cherry blossom, but I don't really know what that smells like on its own). I am a dragon's blood fiend, and I can barely tell it's in this.

Very complex. Sometimes when I sniff it I think it smells a bit aquatic, sometimes it smells woody. Sometimes it even smells perfumey. Even though I'm not sure what it smells like, I am sure that I like it a lot.

Also, the label is gorgeous. :P

In the bottle: Wow. :eek:Extreme cherry blossoms here w/ a touch of green-ness

On the skin: Still very cherry blossom but i can definitely smell the bamboo & tea leaf now..wow..so pretty!!

Afterhours: this has dried down to a soft, sweet floral musk..the dragons blood melded w/ sandalwood really shines in the end, which is fine w/ me! :P

I will be coveting this bottle, it seems. heh

I took a big chance ordering this moon. Dragon's blood and I typically don't get along. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by this blend.

The cherry blossom and tea leaf are the most prominent notes, with the dragon's blood adding just the right amount of sweetness. The bamboo adds a clean, fresh hint of green to the scent, and the sandalwood is barely noticable - just enough to keep the sweet floralness in check. Absolutely enchanting, and perfect for late spring.

in the bottle: sweet, tea, bamboo, and dragon's blood

wet: bamboo & cherry blossom a soft floral w/ definite green undertones.

dry:yup bamboo and cherry blossom almost exclusively. they drown out anything else. it is a very green scent w/ a hint of floral thrown in.

Hello, Holiday Moon. I liked you but didn't expect to see you again.

Yep, on me, this is dead-on tea and bamboo, as was Holiday. Not a bad thing, but so very similar I really have a hard time telling which is which. The Dragon's Blood is faint, undetectable on me... which is, I believe, something for me to be thankful for. All in all, it's a nice Asian themed moon, though my skin amps bamboo and makes this just like Holiday.

3.5 out of 5.

Finally! A dragon's blood blend where the other notes are apparent with my skin chemisty!!!

I'm getting mostly dragon's blood, of course, and cherry blossom. The tea leaf is light and delicate in the background, and the sandalwood is a nice little touch of spicy dryness as well.

This is beautiful, and another great spring scent from the Lab! :P

Sma-pow, that's a bit of bamboo pulp right out of the bottle - that same fresh note that dominates the first moments of NeoTokyo and defines Holiday Moon to me. I can't tell that there's dragon's blood in this at all, maybe a hint of sharpness but to be honest that's because I was searching for it. This is quite similar to Holiday Moon, true, but on my skin it's a bit more lemony, and the tea seems a bit sharper than the white used in Holiday.

I missed out on buying loads of Holiday, so I may like alternating with it during these warmer summer months. Oh, and the bottle... matches my shirt... squee!

May 26. Trying Dragon on one hand, Holiday on the other. There's a very subtle but noticeable difference between the two - Dragon definitely has a hit of cherry blossom that blended so well with the tea and bamboo that I didn't notice it before, and that's what I was interpreting as 'lemon.' In reality, Holiday starts off just as sharp as Dragon, but Holiday retains more of tea nature - that is, it's more sharp and astringent. I do love Dragon, not quite as much as Holiday, but enough to hoard. And now it makes rotating between the two fun!

May 26 continued - whoa! While the starts may be similar, Dragon turns into cherry blossom soap on me. It's like the opposite of Aredhel's reaction below. It's not bad, but where Holiday stays fresh and biting, Dragon turns into a cuddly wuddly plush dragon on my skin at least.

Edited by Lycanthrope

This really reminds me of Aizen-Myoo...must be the cherry blossom and tea. I can't smell the dragon's blood at all, which I think is strange since dragon's blood is usually a strong scent. The whole feel of Dragon Moon is a green and fresh scent and I'm finding it very pleasant. Glad I got two bottles of it. :P

Rating (on skin): 3/5

Summarised in a word or two: Dragon's Blood meets Holiday Moon.

In the bottle: Cherry blossom. Hmm. A bit... unsettling, for some reason.

On skin, wet: Ah-ha, there's the dragon's blood! Dragon's blood, tea, bamboo and cherry blossom.

On skin, dry: The deep, sexy spiciness of dragon's blood mixed with the very green, almost herbal tea and bamboo, with a splash of cherry blossom. No sign of sandalwood, thankfully. It's an odd combination, but I'm quite fond of it. It's terribly unique. There is, however, a problem: after a while, this becomes something of an odd, cherry-blossom soap.

Conclusion/Notes: Dragon's Blood meets Holiday Moon, until it goes soapy. I adore Dragon's Blood (the scent as well as the note), and I liked Holiday Moon, until it turned soapy. Alas, DM does the same thing. I've tried it in a scent locket, but for some reason, after a while, it's a bit soapy there as well! Odd.

Edited by Aredhel

I can see where people would get Holiday Moon from this. I get it a little bit, toward the end of the dry-down. But, where Holiday Moon smelled like dish soap on me, Dragon Moon thankfully smells better. :P

In the bottle: Tea and bamboo, green and wet.

Wet: Lush, fruity-floral cherry blossoms well up in the green tea and bamboo notes. Vaguely aquatic, despite a hint of sandalwood.

Dry: I don't get a lot of dragon's blood, which on me typically turns into warm, almost-spicy fruit. There are a couple hints of it early on, but this ultimately remains a very light, clean, green and wet fragrance. The cherry blossom begins to fade after a few hours, leaving only tea and bamboo in its wake. Lovely and light for summer--I'm looking forward to wearing this a lot!

Dragon Moon is reminiscent of Holiday Moon, which is fine considering I adore Holiday Moon. However, Dragon Moon is sweeter, and where Holiday Moon on me is a smooth, pale green scent, Dragon Moon is more of a pale pink from the cherry blossom and just a wisp of dragon's blood. It's not quite as smooth as Holiday Moon, the bamboo not as prominent, and it threatens to get a bit powdery-perfumey... but I have to say I'm liking the throw from it in spite of that. Overall, a success.

:D

The Closest Frag to Holiday Moon that I have experienced....which I love :D cause like I loves Holdiay Moon ...and then a subtle note of Dragons Blood takes over ,...and then leaves like the Moon going behind the Alder Woods....really like this Moon! :P

I had never tried anything with Dragon's Blood in it and I was SO hopeful, but alas, all I get from Dragon Moon is truck-stop hand soap. Bad truck-stop hand soap. I guess my skin chem just doesn't like the D-Blood. Oh, well.. this one's for the swap pile.

This smells really lovely on me! Sort of like "Traditional" perfume, but very unique. I guess that would be the bamboo and dragon's blood, hmmm. Not much else to say but I adore this one.

dry. cherry blossom... something that's somewhere between sandalwood and bamboo, if that's possible... and hot plastic.

*siGh*

i really wanted to love this.

wet. the dragon's blood jumped out and wanted to play, but as soon as the drydown started, all i get is....heated cherry scented plastic...

and something vaguely medicinal.

For financial reasons, I don't buy all of the Lunacy oils- I have to pick and choose based on what sounds best to me. Sometimes I make the right choice, and sometimes I don't. For example, I'm glad I didn't bother with Beaver Moon or Milk Moon, because the reviews suggest that they wouldn't have worked for me. I also passed on a bottle of Pink Moon, and I was glad because when a friend sent me a decant, it turned out to be something I could live without. However, I'm still kicking myself for passing on Strawberry Moon and Peony Moon. At least I have a decant of the latter, but I have yet to try the former.

I did order Dragon Moon, and was a bit anxious that it would fall into the "I really wish I hadn't picked this one" category, since I'm iffy about dragon's blood. But I love this. It may even rank in my top ten. The notes are just so perfectly blended... I can smell the tea, the bamboo, the cherry blossom, and just a little bit of dragon's blood, all dancing around each other. It's a lot like Holiday Moon, but more feminine and delicate- a bit ironic for a scent called Dragon Moon. The soap comparisons are fair... I smell a bit of soapiness too. But it's a nice soap on me, not a harsh soap.

I don't know what else to say. It's just a great scent, one that makes you stop and consider (for the umpteenth time) how talented Beth and her staff are.

Oh yeah, and the label's gorgeous too.

Greenness and flowers. There is a bit of a tang, almost like lemongrass. No sandalwood or dragon's blood resin at all for me. Overall, this is really lovely and clean.

I could weep with joy. I finally (finally!) found cherry blossoms that will stay on my skin!

In the bottle: Tea and bamboo. Very green and vigorous.

Wet: Bamboo, laden with cherry blossoms and a sniffle of tea.

Dry 5 minutes: Cherry blossoms! With a strong, green backing of bamboo and tealeaf. I am not smelling sandalwood or dragons blood.

Dry half an hour: There supposed to be dragons blood and sandalwood, right? Because I have bamboo and cherry blossoms, with the tea wafting in and out but I'm not getting wood or resin.

Dry 1 hour: Oh, my cherry blossoms, so sweet and delicate. And that lovely, herbal green of bamboo. The tea is still curling in and out like steam from a cup, and it's so pretty--it's just like springtime.

Dry 2+hours: Aha! The cherry blossoms and the bamboo have settled in (i.e. my skin is beginning to nibble away at them) and I think I have something that might be the sandalwood or dragons blood. Otherwise it's just like it was an hour ago, only quieter.

Dry 3+hours: Now I'm getting the dragons blood and sandalwood for sure! It's just a grounding note for the tea, bamboo, and cherry blossoms, but it's a spice and warmth to the green and vigor.

Overall: This is very green, and herbl...but also bright and happy and strong, with a warmth backing the cool green. It really is perfect for spring. I feel so happy and...well...vigorous wearing this.

I haven't read all of the reviews on this, but I had to post my thoughts today. I'm wearing this for the 2nd time. The first time, I was unsure. This takes a bit of getting used to and is extremely pungent on me when first applied. It lasts for a long time and now in the dry down, it reminds me sooooooo very much of Red Moon. I'm not familiar with any of the notes on their own.

Very bright and fruity. Wet the bamboo and tea seem predominant. On the dry down it blooms into greenery with cherry blossom and a hint of Dragon's Blood. I'm sad I only got one bottle. :9