Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fiddledragon

Civet recommendations?

Civet seems to have this rather infamous reputation, but the one scent I've tried that I know has civet in it, Black Annis, I've greatly enjoyed. What I'm assuming is the civet adds a lovely warm furry musk tone to it. The lichen and anise and such combine to make it smell delightfully creepy on me, but most of the time I don't actually want to smell creepy.

The one other scent that has been reviewed as having civet in it that I've tried is Satyr, in which the red musk did horrible, horrible things on me (I think it's red musk. It's one of the musks that goes weird on me anyway.). So I'd like advice on:

1. How much civet is there in Black Annis?

2. What other things could I try that have civet but NOT red/skin musk? (black, white, and golden musks are delightful).

As to how much civet is in Black Annis, I'm sure only the lab knows. I've never tried it myself, so I can't even guess.

Most of the civet blends have been discontinued. The only other GC scent with civet is Debauchery, which also has red musk.

You can still get your hands on Morella, which was rereleased as part of the Maelstrom, but I can't smell civet in it at all.

Here's some other civet perfumes that have long since gone away, but maybe you can find an imp or something in trade:

Puck - rereleased fairly recently as a Limited Edition, the civet note (at least in the resurrected) was pretty tame. Oakmoss, sweet sage, juniper berry, civet and a drop of grape.

Allegory-A sinuous, vibrant scent, striking in its boldness and complexity. Juniper and white cedarwood entwined with orange and raw civet.

Deimos-Son of Ares, twin to Phobos, Deimos is the personification of dread. Murky ambergris and civet with dark musk, sharpened by orange, bergamot and frankincense.

Entropy-The perfect distillate of decay, death, and damnation. Blood red patchouli saturated with black poppy, civet and a hint of rose.

Glasya-Created in honor of the fiery, vicious Princess of Hell and bloodthirsty general who governs thirty-six legions of infernal warriors. Her lust for bloodshed and manslaughter is matched only by her love of the classical arts and sciences - definitely a woman that we respect. A seething, fiery blend of dragon,s blood, deep myrrh, red and black musks, civet and thick red patchouli, glistening with drops of rose and ylang ylang.

Pulse Points-A profoundly erotic, lascivious scent. Black poppy, narcissus and civet.

Bacchanalia-A boisterous, belligerent, festive blend that lends to mad revelry, overindulgence and excess. Perfect for a weekend bender. Earthy musks combined with a beastial civet bouquet, a hint of sweet grape and orange blossom.

Although it isn't listed as one of the notes, I think there's civet in Forbidden Fruit. Civet has a certain, unmistakable and unique smell on my skin that shouldn't be present based on the notes that Beth does list in the description. And a little animalistic muskiness would definitely have a place in a scent that idealizes your first time, right?

Although it isn't listed as one of the notes, I think there's civet in Forbidden Fruit. Civet has a certain, unmistakable and unique smell on my skin that shouldn't be present based on the notes that Beth does list in the description. And a little animalistic muskiness would definitely have a place in a scent that idealizes your first time, right?

Interesting...I liked the dab of that that I tried -- I should give it a better test and see if I can pick out the civet.

Morella is absolutely LOVELY, and available until Monday. It's not real heavy on the civet (that I can notice, anyways), but it really adds a lot of depth to the scent.

doesn't Czernoborg have civet in it?

n.

Well, it's not listed as an official ingredient...but if it doesn't contain civet, it certainly has the most animalistic of musks!

ETA: My favorite civet-y scent was a Twilight oil, Flame of Desire. Yes, I know it's not officially a perfume, but it smells SO GOOD.

Hiya fiddledragon-

Although the notes are not listed and I cannot be sure, I am 99.99999 percent certain that there is civet in Fire of Love, along with patchouli. When I first smelled it, I reeled back (being one of those people with an odd reaction to civet), but the scent was so intriguing that I kept putting it on. Eventually, I came to like it- it's very, very sexy in a very, very dirty way. I think it's one of the easier civet blends to wear, along with...

BLACK ANNIS! I don't know that I'll ever buy a bottle of this, but it was unbelievably ballsy. There might be a lot of civet in it, but it doesn't matter, because NOTHING gets stronger than anise. It beats all.

You're pretty safe on the red/skin musk, but make sure you love the smell of black licorice before sniffing :P

Hiya fiddledragon-

Although the notes are not listed and I cannot be sure, I am 99.99999 percent certain that there is civet in Fire of Love, along with patchouli. When I first smelled it, I reeled back (being one of those people with an odd reaction to civet), but the scent was so intriguing that I kept putting it on. Eventually, I came to like it- it's very, very sexy in a very, very dirty way. I think it's one of the easier civet blends to wear, along with...

BLACK ANNIS! I don't know that I'll ever buy a bottle of this, but it was unbelievably ballsy. There might be a lot of civet in it, but it doesn't matter, because NOTHING gets stronger than anise. It beats all.

You're pretty safe on the red/skin musk, but make sure you love the smell of black licorice before sniffing :P

Oh, I love Black Annis, but unfortunetely it smells really appropriate to the name -- i.e., dank and creepy -- so I use it as a costume. It doesn't work for me to wear it every day. I'll check out Fire of Love, though :-)

Sign in to follow this