Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fillemot

Fragrances similar to "Flowerbomb"

So I just tried a sample of the new Viktor and Rolf perfume, Flowerbomb, and I fell in love. But at nearly $100 for a small bottle, I guess I'm not that in love.

And besides, BPAL is where it's at.

Does anyone know if any BPAL frangrance is similar to Flowerbomb? Here are the notes in Flowerbomb if it helps:

Top notes: Tea and bergamot. Middle notes: Sambac jasmine, orchid, freesia, rose. Base note: Patchouli.

Thanks!

I've never tried Flowerbomb, so I can't be sure, but some scents with similar notes that you might want to try are:

*Namaste (sandalwood, jasmine, rose, patchouli, cedarwood and lemongrass)

*Wilde (patchouli, tonka, bergamot, moss, lavender, jasmine and thyme - though I never really get patchouli from this one, and it's one of my favorites)

*Iambe (amber, patchouli, rose, gardenia, gladiola and white tea)

I have a spray sample of Flowerbomb and I can tell you - it's not floral. It's cotton candy.

It's Aquolina Pink Sugar's slightly older sister. It's the ghost of the long-deceased Casmir. It's Angel without the patchouli (yes, even though it's in the list of notes - so are all those florals and you don't smell those, either!).

Xiuhtecuhtli is a good call, parrot_suspect. To me it's very similar to Angel. Kitsune-Tsuki is also very much in that same vein, but fruitier. There's Snake Oil, of course, which is nothing like any commercial perfume I've ever smelled, but a MUST for a new BPALer. And Dorian - which made me want to swear off all others because it's PERFECT.

And this may seem way outta left field, but Two, Five & Seven went super sweet rock candy on me. Another seemingly odd suggestion would be Zorya - but those two could both be my chemisty. I turn everything sweet.

The Dragon's Blood blends have never been my thing, but you should definitely try at least one. Dragon's Blood fans can give you better imput than me as to on which.

If you can find some Midway, Snake Charmer or Enraged Bunny Musk, I'm thinking those also might be candy-like. I have them all on the way so someone else will have to verify that.

Darn, there was one more but now I can't remember. Oh well, I think I've probably said enough as it is. I'm excited to hear more responses and your opinions once you've tried a few! :P

Oh, I just remembered the last one - Brisingamen!

I haven't smelled any BPAL that smelled a *thing* like Flowerbomb, honestly. The closest thing I've smelled to Flowerbomb that's price-accessible is B&BW Sensual Amber, which is very, very strongly reminiscent of it.

I agree that Xiuhtecuhtli smells a lot like Angel, but Angel and Flowerbomb don't smell alike at all to my nose. If they smell alike to you, though, that would be a good choice :P.

flowerbomb was nothing but pure floral on me...

nothing candy-like or angel-like about it...

i would have to say in my recollections of bpal scents it

most resembled migo-brain cannister...yup...that was

all dreaded floral as well...nothing fruity about it with my

chemistry.....crazy ain't it?

Your best bet might be a fragrance oil. I know Sweetcakes (a f.o. company) makes a killer Flowerbomb scent. Mix it with some oil (jojoba, apricot kernel) put it in a rollerball and voila!

Flowerbomb for cheap.

I haven't smelled any BPAL that smelled a *thing* like Flowerbomb, honestly. The closest thing I've smelled to Flowerbomb that's price-accessible is B&BW Sensual Amber, which is very, very strongly reminiscent of it.

I agree that Xiuhtecuhtli smells a lot like Angel, but Angel and Flowerbomb don't smell alike at all to my nose. If they smell alike to you, though, that would be a good choice :P.

You are spot on with your assessment, Electra.

Flowerbomb is nothing like any BPAL or Pink Sugar or even Angel to my nose. There are ton of Flowerbomb dupes out there that are really good.

But since this is a BPAL recs area, I layer Flowerbomb lotion with Snake Oil, I think they work really well together. BPAL scents that I'd put in the category of Flowerbomb would be Formula 54, Intergalactic and Stardust '06. They are LE and two are rare, but there you have it.

I thought that the dry down of the Oct 2006 v of 13 was pretty damn close to Flowerbomb.

Spot on!

I swapped for an imp of 13 (oct 06/orange label) in hopes that it would be like Flowerbomb, because someone else had mentioned on another thread that they were similar. They smell very similar to me - 13 is perhaps a little less rose-y/floral at times, but still gorgeous and soft; 13 is also a little woodier, to my nose.

If you can find it, I think it makes a good substitue.

Sign in to follow this