Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

LADY LUCK

Used to placate and venerate the fickle Goddess of Fortune. A must for all adventurers, risk-takers, gamblers and scoundrels.

First reviewer! Woot!

*ahem*

Anyway, I used Lady Luck in order to obtain a "lucky sale" for the little moped gang we're trying to start up. I had annointed my hands and rubbed the oil in, as well as rubbed my boyfriend's hands with the oil when he was distracted ("Let me see your hands, Brent.").

And, in this instance, it worked well. The gentleman who was selling the "one scooter and two mopeds" turned out to have five mopeds altogether, which we purchased at $250. Two of the mopeds were very close to running, one needed a lot of work but was still in decent shape (despite a hornet's nest being in the seat) and the other two would be used as parts bikes. It's quite a nice haul for $250 bucks. Two recruits now have mopeds that probably only need air filters and a bit of tweaking before they're functional, and the third will be working on his soon.

Score!

Now, to describe the scent of Lady Luck. The two notes that were prominent to my nose were fennel and peppermint. Fennel was present in the beginning of the oil's contact, while peppermint was noticable while the oil was drying down. There were other notes as well, but since the oil was on my hands, and because I was using Lady Luck with an intent, I didn't focus too much on discerning what notes were there. It did smell nice, though.

When I need to use Lady Luck again, I'll modify this review if any other notes pop out at me, but for now: fennel, then peppermint. Perhaps someone else may use Lady Luck for a bit of a boost, and pick out other notes, or perhaps dispute mine.

-doreen

This starts off smelling strongly of peppermint, but it quickly softens into something that reminds me more of spearmint and vanilla, as it isn't as sharp as peppermint usually is on me. And then after a half hour or so, this begins to smell rather cinnamony as well. It reminds me of Big Red chewing gum and mints.

Edited by Little Bird

In the bottle: Minty and herby.

First on: Minty soap is what it;s gone to on me. I think it's menthol, as my sinuses are clearing and tingling after sniffing it, it reminds me of vicks (the effect, not the scent)

Drydown: Pure soap. Like Irish Spring.

Overall/effects: I haven't tried this one magically yet, just did the review because I received it long ago and had it sitting among my imps to review.

Used on the palms of my hands, I've been having horrible fortune on the roads in Chicago (being cut off, basically running into bad situations where it's tiny car vs. large buses and just bad, bad judgments all around. Plus snow). So I thought I'd see if I can increase my on-the-road fortune and used this with Crucible of Courage.

On my palms, this is super pepperminty, like the essential oil, with as stated above a mild herbal aroma. Definitely as time passes, this goes towards cinnamon or cassia. Basically, this smells like the best toothpaste ever, in a good way.

Mmm.

The drydown is still quite potent, herby, cinnamony. No skin welts (yet) but cinnamon is unfriendly, I'll have to see if I get 'em.

Today the weather sucks and I have to drive in the afternoon on a Chicago weekend. Let's see how much trouble I get into.

Peppermint and vanilla. I was feeling a little down this morning, and wanted a boost. TA-DAH! I picked up some Lady Luck.

So it's been an odd mixed bag. I forgot my metro card, but had enough money in my flex spending account through work to put $10 on my emergency metro card. I've had some good news and I've had some OK news. I'm currently on hold with Paypal due to weird restrictions going on. So I'll update this review afterwards to see how the resolution comes out.