Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
allidavie

Energy

An invigorating, stimulating blend. Replenishes depleted energy stores, banishes fatigue. Extremely useful after intense ritual or prolonged spellwork.

Long time listener, first time first-time reviewer. :P

Energy is like Moxie on steroids. It works AMAZINGLY well. I've been exhausted and lethargic lately, haven't been able to get the many many many things I need to do done, in favor of sitting around and reading forums etc. all day. I used some Energy in my plug in room diffuser thing and got more done in one afternoon (I applied for 5 jobs!) than I had in the past three weeks. [Full disclosure - I was also using Concentration - I tend to use the TALs in conjunction with each other, so I'm not sure how reliable my opinions on their individual effects can be.] Can't recommend Energy enough. It also happens to smell fabulous, which while not the point of the TAL oils, certainly can't hurt. Smells like a true, sweet orange oil with a hint of spicy sweetness. There's a note in there that is a little "off" smelling (can't really describe it any better than that) - it isn't terrible, and it's buried in there, but there's just something in there... However, since I wouldn't wear this as normal perfume anyway, no worries.

Energy

In the imp: whoa! Zingy orange sherbet! It reminds me of a soft drink of sorts…

Wet on skin: I think there's lime in here as well…and lemon and orange. It's a citrus cocktail!

Dry on skin: I love this! This is a zesty, perky scent that really screams 'WAKE UP!' every time I sniff my wrist…it's a fizzy, sunny, sparkling mix of sweet and tangy citrus, I think orange, lime and lemon are the main ones. It has a sugary tone reminiscent of those fruit pastille sweets and also some soft drinks, but that's a good thing-this is a fun scent and it really seems to work!

After a while: oh my goodness…this smells like tangerine peels now! I have been looking for a BPAL with a prominent tangerine note that smells just like the scent you get on your fingers when you peel a tangerine/satsuma/clementine-and it's in here. Mmm, the smell of tangerines always reminds me of Christmas…but the presence of other citrus notes make this smell more summery and sunshine-y.

Over time, the sweet tangerine becomes the dominant scent, and though it's a bit fainter, it's lasting a lot longer on my skin than I expected it would! However, like most citrus scents, it does fade away pretty fast.

Verdict (scent): I've found my perfect scented energy booster! I didn't like Moxie because that had a note that reminded me of asphalt and rubber, but this has none of that. This is pure citrus, zingy and alive. It has sugary undertones that make the scent even more cheerful, and I get dominant notes of the peels and juices of lime, orange and lemon, and also tangerine! It makes me want to drink a healthy fresh squeezed orange juice, and get out into the sunshine (well, if there is any sunshine, which at the moment, there isn't…) I love this!

Verdict (intent): yup, this works. Another example of scent aiding intent, this bright citrus fragrance is the sort of scent that awakens and perks me up when I smell it. I was feeling rather lethargic earlier on but this stuff really seems to get rid of the laziness. It works very well on the skin, but I think using this as a room fragrance or on a tissue will work equally well. And I must remember to sniff this whenever I have an early morning, when my brain refuses to get out of sleep mode…

To sum it up in a smiley: :P

Edited by yeahbutnobut

This is simply the best, liveliest orange scent I've ever run across, and it doesn't fade after just a couple minutes either. Unusual for a citrus, at least for me. This is invigorating enough, but aroma is just the beginning...

I find this blend especially effective if applied with intent (as I'm sure all TAL oils are). I usually like to take a moment to focus on my breathing and make a mini meditation/visualization ritual out of it. It really just depends on my mood what color light I like to imagine myself bathed in; sometimes orange, sometime shimmery gold, sometimes a pure rainbow white. The effects are subtle--it's not like chugging a Red Bull--but it gives me a steady strength, like I'm replenished at my very core and not just wired on caffeine.

And using this in conjunction with White Light is the equivalent of taking a metaphysical shower :P Totally refreshed. I couldn't recommend both these oils enough.

Energy absolutely wakes me up and gives me the energy to get going. I apply it to the soles of my feet, and I visualize the energy gathering in the earth, and running up through my feet all the way up to my head. Wonderful for those times when I am over-worked and absolutely spent; I can use this oil to squeeze out a few more early mornings and late nights when I really have to.

Lovely super-zingy orange smell as well.

The smell of this one kind of reminds me of orange soda, sweet and effervescent. I'm not fond of orange scents, but this one is sweet and pleasant to me.

My insomnia issues lately have left me completely wired and out of it at night, and then tired all day when I have actual things to do. I rubbed on a bit of Energy to help me through a few hours of shopping for a mother's day gift and studying for my mid-exams. I did feel a bit more energized, and I liked the zingy citrus smell, which was surprising because I usually dislike orange and lemon fragrances.

My sister-in-law loves this one though, and ended up stealing half of my imp to sprinkle around her apartment. It helped her stay awake while she was finishing up a hundred baby shower invitations. She is currently on the last month of her pregnancy and I've promised her a full bottle to help her out after the baby arrives. She really loves Energy as a room scent.

I don't know if I'll spring for a full bottle for myself, but I have stolen back my half imp and intend to keep it around for emergencies. :P

Today is one of those days where I woke up feeling like someone had hit me with a big bat all night.

I am exhausted, achy, and I want my mommy.

However, I don't have time for a nap. I need to get some work done. I'd never tried Energy, so what better time for it. Now I fear I'll need more soon.

I put this in my oil burner and also annointed my pulse points and the soles of my feet with it.

It's as citrusy as everyone says- lemon, orange, and a touch of lime, with a wee bit of mint in it.

It does smell like liquid energy. Or tangerine juice.

Unfortunately, my exhaustion was no match for it, and I had to lie down anyway.

Maybe I need to be taking this as a shot :P

Edited by aidenraine

To me, Energy smells like sweet orange with a hint of beeswax. I far prefer it to Moxie. I don't detect anything off, which is great, because I've found my skin sometimes imbues a few scents with a lurking off-note (sadly, it's often carnation scents, which I love--at first). In terms of broadcast, Energy stayed close to my wrists, so I've been interrupting my typing every few minutes to take a whiff. It's a delightful oil and I'd happily wear it as a perfume.

Energy - I had to laugh when I read one of the reviews of Energy that said it’s “like Moxie on steroids” because my exact response to Energy is that it’s “like Moxie-lite” – as far as the scent goes, that is. It’s smells like diluted Moxie and isn’t nearly as “in your face” as Moxie, but it’s still a beautiful, bright, clean, crisp, and sparkling citrus scent. It’s full of different citrus scents –tangerine, lemon, grapefruit, and lime. It doesn’t last on my skin for very long as my skin eats up the citrus scents, but wow does it ever work and the effects keep lasting long after the scent has faded. I totally prefer this to Moxie, which is just way too strong and bitter for my liking. The first time I wore Energy, it was on a day when I had to get up early for work after a night of not being able to fall asleep. To say I was dragging that day, would be to put it lightly. I was miserable. So I grabbed the Energy, dabbed a little on my third eye and my throat chakra, and almost instantly, I felt not only uplifted and awake, but I was excited to start my day and see what the day would bring.

I received an imp of Energy as a frimp in a recent-ish ebay purchase from a forumite, it made a good travelling partner!

In the imp, as everyone has said so far, it's a lovely orangey sherbert kind of scent. I think it's something minty making the orange feel sherbety/snowy feeling.

I gave Energy a go today at work, as it's been a bit of a hard slog getting myself through work after having not taken any time off (even the public holidays that I didn't have to work was filled mostly getting to, and being in the next state across) - it's almost like I need a holiday after the 'holiday' ... a little on my palms, a little on my throat.

The scent faded quite quickly, but I didn't feel anywhere near as tired despite less sleep, as I have been the last few weeks. I don't feel like I need a bottle quite yet, but I can see that there will be a bottle added to an order soonish ... need to save money first!

I got a sniffie of this in a swap and wanted to give this a test before I pass it along to a very generous forumnite. :D

Imp: lemon juice and lemon peel.

Wet: Lemon and a pine-sol scent. This really smells like cleaner to me--lemon AND pine. On second thought...maybe eucalyptus, not pine? In any case, its very fumey-cleaning-agent on me right now. THe only think I can see this giving me energy to do right now is clean my bathroom! :P

Dry: This keeps its cleaner scent for a while, but then it mellows into a creamy citrus, sort of like the creamsicle previous reviewers have mentioned. And there seems to be a bit of an edgey spice (clove?)...either that or a metallic (um, nose confusion, right?). This late drydown is far more pleasant than the early stage, and reminds me a bit of LUSH's Merry Xmas massage bar...

Utility: Its certainly invigorating!! The later stages got me off my bum to pack up some last minute swaps, brew some nice tea and reorganize some bpal boxes, so I'm gonna say its pretty effective!

Edited by jewelbug

Energy is my favorite TAL so far (not that I've tried many) in terms of my ability to connect with its energy and understand its effects. I used it to light a white candle with the petition paper "Restore my Reserve" underneath it. As others have said, this is a airy citrus smell, and it definitely summoned up Air energies--which I connect to easily--in my mind. This was especially helpful because I do feel that I need more mental than physical restoration most of the time (thought if I were physically tired I'm not sure how this would necessarily work for me). While I was meditating with the candle, I was able to close my eyes and visualize the flame and mentally enlarge it and make it smaller again. This was very effective for me, and I feel like it allowed me to locate my reserve and 'check in on it.' Like a candle flame, it would occasionally increase, but it is still small (it is, however, strong). I think that I will need to use Energy consistently to help me rebuild myself (I'm emerging from a two and a half year period of depression and I really do feel like all my energy reserves are spent) through the power of being aware of my energy reserves.

I find that this oil really works for me. When I apply it, I get a rush of energy but not in a charged up way. I suddenly have focus and it improves my mood and increases my energy level.

As for how it smells, it's very fizzy citrus at first. It seems like a mixture of lemon and orange (or maybe a touch of lime) with a lot of effervescence going on.

After a little while on my skin, a nice warm amber note comes out. The citrus sticks around a bit, but the fizziness fades.

This scent doesn't last more than maybe 3 hours on me, but I have no problem reapplying since it works so well.

Edited later to add: I have stomach issues with stimulants like caffeine, and I really love that Energy wakes me up without giving me any stomach repercussions.

Edited by Delirium1009

Reviewed for intent and for scent

I've used this twice now, once by itself and once in combination with other TALs. On the "combined" use, it did its job perfectly- it lifted my personal energy as well as lifting the energy of the oil I used with it (one of the love/attraction blends), allowing me to have a perfect and effective ritual.

The time I used it alone, I applied it on my chakras and wrists to relieve for simple physical fatigue. I can't say I noticed an effect, though my fatigue may have a medical cause, which I should not expect any oil to cure. I also applied too much, enough so that after a while I started feeling ill and had to wash it off.

I don't think I will try wearing Energy on my skin again. I'll save it for ritual use, as I know it is extremely efficacious in ritual.

As for smell, I only get a touch of citrus. Actually, more than anything, it smells like Coca-Cola with lime. When I wore it on skin, my son told me I smelled like "Coke flavoured candy". I'd have to agree.

This has an inoffensive orange scent with an herbal underlying note.

I used this for sustenance when I had a very demanding day ahead of me physicially (three hours of flamenco class). Used it on heart chakra and third eye chakra, along with my usual morning dose of White Light on all the chakras, and it did seem to have a sustaining effect on me. What was nice about it, as opposed to a lot of caffeine, is that I didn't sense any sort of crash afterwards--just a gradual unwinding as the period for which I had sustained my intent had gone.

I'll be interested to use it in more formal rituals with other TALs.

Effervescent orange, hints of lemon balm, sage and something else.

Well crap.

I think I need more of this.

My TAL Energy decant has been unopened until now, but I think that its been pulling some duty around because it's only 1/2 of what it used to be despite remaining unopened. It's been riding around in my little box in my purse with some other TALs and my untried BPAL imps. Energy feels like coffee - solar coffee. It's bright, sunny, and full of energy.

I have also dabbed this on while wearing Jupiter (it seemed like a good combo), but this may in fact be too much of a good thing. In some ways, I am raring to go - like let's go run a marathon, give me a 500+ page book to read, gimme a monster to slay BECAUSE I CAN DO IT. And in record time.

ETA: Put on energy today, after 2 days of very trying emotional times, and I think it's the only thing that has kept me at work.

Edited by zankoku_zen

Lemon-lime, then shading into orange with herbs and maybe something a little anisey. It doesn't totally disappear, but it does go faint after a few hours.

I used this today because I slept badly and really needed to be competent at work. It took about an hour to kick in after applying, but I did find that it worked; I felt energetic. For the first hour or so of the effect, I was actually a little bouncy, and then after that, just a normal level of energy (which was an improvement over how tired I'd have been without it). I didn't find that it made me any more or less focused than usual, just pepped me up for the day.

ETA 6/16/2017: Tried it again to prod myself into working out this morning (I usually do it later in the day when I'm more coherent). It worked--just the scent of it helped clear my mental fog and get me moving--and I was able to exercise without issue. Also noticed sort of a "cola" scent about it this time--it smelled fizzy and cola-y, or maybe Dr. Peppery or root beery. As that reminds me of caffeinated drinks, that seems appropriate!

Edited by lady_pandora

I asked for and received a bottle of this for my birthday from a friend. :3 Reviewing for scent and intent!

SCENT:

I could swear there's cola in this. This is such an interesting blend of what smells like cola to me and the lovely, sunny, perky citrus the other reviews have mentioned. I've never tried Coca Cola Orange, but if it tastes the way this smells I might be tempted to start drinking soft drinks again. It sparkles without being obnoxious and, for me at least, smells pretty much the same on my skin as it does in the bottle, other than maybe being a little bit brighter, warmer, and sweeter on me. It's a bit of an unusual scent for a wearable fragrance, but I like it! It's a cheerful, summery scent: the kind of thing you could wear while playing beach volleyball or having a picnic with friends. And it LASTS. I applied it early this morning, and over 15 hours later I'm still catching lovely whiffs of it.

INTENT:

I'm normally a pretty low-energy person, but some days I wake up feeling like a reanimated, centuries-old corpse - especially as a pretty extreme introvert, in cases where I've gone too many days in a row without an "everybody screw off I'm not leaving my bedroom except to eat and pee and I'm not talking to anyone on the way to doing either of those things" day. Today was one of those Reheated Death days. And on top of that, I had a public event to attend for work, so I couldn't just zombie my way through the day. I figured today was the ideal day to give this oil a first try.

After performing a brief ritual and applying the oil, I noticed some odd heart palpitations at first, but these faded a moment later and afterward I felt more alert. Not ready to sprint across town or anything, but like my usual self on a day where I've had adequate rest (which was not reflective of my actual situation). My body aches faded and while I could still feel my tiredness, it was more in the background and easier to ignore.

The oil got me through my work event exactly as I hoped, although, as a previous reviewer mentioned, it doesn't do much for mental focus or clarity. This oil seems to strictly be intended to keep you physically able to get done what you need to get done. I think next time I have to use this oil I may pair it with something like Clarity or Concentration so I can be both energetic and sharp.

During the ritual I'd specified that I needed the oil's effects to last until at least 6 p.m. After the clock struck 6 I did experience the brief moment of heart palpitations again and start to feel a little more sluggish, but I didn't immediately crash at this point. It was more like a very gentle, gradual decline in energy that ended with me just feeling nicely cozy and ready for sleep at bedtime several hours later. Almost like it was following the sunset.

Definitely glad to have this. I could see myself using it every day, honestly, but I think I'll just keep it for when I REALLY need the extra help.

Edited by Nikki Scarlet