Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Enraged Orangutan Musk

Five dark, aggressive, furious musks with ambergris bouquet, Malaysian rainforest plant extracts, black amber and orange peel.

In vitro: (I got a big bottle on general principle as I love orangutans): very musky, like wet fur
Wet on skin: (admittedly, I slathered) musky with a citrus twist--I can definitely appreciate the orange "peel' very similar to the scent when someone is peeling one in the room--but it is not IN YO FACE citrus
First 20 minutes or so: Very musky, I can tell there are a variety of musks in here, it smells animalistic for lack of a better word without smelling skunky or fecal (I am the rare person that doesn't mind that kind of thing and I love the honey notes that go musky or urinal, hey, must be a fetish) but that doesn't happen here, it just smells like fur to me or the warm smell of animals (I imagine monkey fur, but I really have no frame of reference there, sorry)

I get whiffs of what I think of as green, plant notes evoking the leaves in a rain forest, but no aquatic or mist notes, no rain, just lush green almost floral green notes. THis may be my nose interpreting the ambergris, not sure I can smell it, I don't get anything salty or fishy. For the record, I do really like ambergris, but I never smelt it here.

Dry down, and here comes the amber! I am too much of a noob to tell black amber from other types but this is a mellow amber with a little bit of the musk left to add complexity. And, the orange has circled back in the loveliest way.

WOW, this is so wonderful. IF you love musk and amber blends, please give this a try. I was fortunate to score it on the lab's etsy site. I don't do 5 star ratings or such, but this is just heavenly. My ranking scale would be something like, I hate it, I don't hate it, its meh, I sort of like it, I like it, I love it, I love it and I am worried I may run out, and GOTTA HAVE IT This scent would be in the gotta have it category.

Edit: 5-6 hours later I smell the ambergris. It just kept getting better and better.♥ Edited by sprout