Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
clover

Apples?? Finding the right apple scent

I'm wondering if there are any scents that strike you guys as apple-ly??

I did a search for apple and came up with Delirium (which I've tried and, while it's lovely, didn't have an apple scent on me) or Virgo & Libra (I'm waiting for some Virgo to arrive...). Everything else that popped up included apple blossom, which I'm not looking for.

However, since most of the Celestials & Tarot & Voodoo blends don't have ingredients listed, I'm wondering if any of those might work??

Any help is appreciated!

I too have been looking for an apple scent. If I could smell like Temptation soap from Lush I would be in heaven! :P

Anyway I had heard Eve was appley and Shollin recommended Jester. I have ordered these and Apple Blossom just in case but am waiting on my order so cant say as yet.

Maybe we could suggest the nicwe folks at the Lab to add an apple scent????If enough people requested it they just might try it!

Whaddaya fink? :D

btw

I used to love Apple by the Body Shop. They stopped making it though :D

I've got an imp of Eve that I'll be trying out tomorrow. I was afraid it might be too apple blossomy, rather than apple-y. I'll let you know!!

I love the smell of real apples, like 99 apples liquore *nummy*

What about Forbidden Fruit?

Damn, nevermind. It doesn't have apple in it! Well, if it does, it doesn't say that.

Edited by friendthegirl

Hey, even if it doesn't directly have apples in it, I'd still be liking anything that's got an apple scent to it. :P

I smelled tart green apples in Undertow, bizarrely. :P That's one of many that faded to soap on me though, so I can't really recommend it. Jester is by far the appliest to my nose, even though there's no apple in the description.

I've tried both Virgo and Libra and didn't smell apple in either of them - but I swapped them away before the scent notes were posted, so I didn't really get a chance to sniff for specific things.

I'm hoping for appley goodness in Eve - she's in my next order which WILL COME TODAY. :nods firmly:

Oooh, Temptation! That's totally why I posted this topic...I love Temptation!! And I'm so sad it's discontinued :P :D

What about Forbidden Fruit?

Damn, nevermind. It doesn't have apple in it! Well, if it does, it doesn't say that.

Forbidden fruit isn't appl-ey at all. As Vaniclion mentioned .. it's rather .. well .. just floral. And on us, not in good ways.

It would be nice to have a scent like fresh, crisp New England apples picked off the tree rather than the Jolly Rancher type faux appleness.

I find Forbidden Fruit very "fruity" with the Dragon's Blood underneath. More of a fruit jam sort of way, not with apples, I'm afraid.

I'll have to take note of apples in Virgo when my package arrives.

Thanks for the suggestions!!

Jester, Undertow and Eve are now firmly on my wish list :P

And, please, to those of you expecting imps, let us know if they are apple-liscious!!!

It would be nice to have a scent like fresh, crisp New England apples picked off the tree rather than the Jolly Rancher type faux appleness.

I find Forbidden Fruit very "fruity" with the Dragon's Blood underneath.  More of a fruit jam sort of way, not with apples, I'm afraid.

I'll have to take note of apples in Virgo when my package arrives.

Oh, I so agree! I'd love something that smelled like a nice ripe, fresh of the tree Macintosh. I used to get them from Mack's Apples in .. Londonderry, was it? I can't recall .. but they were amazing. we'd get them by the peck, and I'd eat them all the time... *sighs wistfully*

Gosh, I miss apple picking. We'd go out, load up the car, and bring home BUSHLES of apples, along with what we'd eat right off the tree. Nothings better than an apple right off the tree... 'cept maybe mom's apple betty :P

Okay, I tried Eve last evening. I felt like I was in an apple orchard at full blossom -- which is very nice. But it wasn't the same as "bite into an apple" smell :P

I know...I'm feeling your pain, Skallywag...but that's what they told me at the San Francisco store. So disappointing. I'm hoping maybe they won't discontinue it in the UK, though...Please, Lush?? :P

Ever since reading the Kushiel series there's just a part of me that is ravenous to smell like fresh ripening apples. I'd marry into the that line just to have a husband that smelled that way all the time :P Delicous.

Ah.. well if one of the scents comes up a winner, I'll be checking back here :D

*bump*

I didn't realize how much I loved the scent of apples till I bought this amazing apple-scented candle :P

Anyway, I need appley-bpal-goodness!

I love the smell of apples!

The Hesperides is the only general catalog that I get a lot of 'fresh picked apple' from. I get some from Desire, though on me, that tends to turn into citrus-citrus-citrus-citrus after a few minutes.

Since it's relatively recent, I'll also mention Punkie Night. That is a beautiful spiced apple with a hint of autumn leaves for me.

I have some Harvest Moon '05 that smells like spiced apple booze to me. Yum. In the realm outside of BPAL, I know that the Body Shop has just released a Golden Apple line of products.

My apple picks are... The Hesperides (caramel apple and misty orchard), Ladon (evil sexy apple), Punkie Night (crisp apples with cranberries), Mock Turtle's Lessons (green apple with a light splash of lime and mint), Verdandi (sweet cider-y apples) and Creepy (butterscotch apple). Also, Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo has a candy apple-like scent to me, at times.

For LE's Punkie Night and Creepy are fantastic apple scents! For the GC my favorite apple scent is Verdandi- it's like warm apple cider.

Weird.... I looked up the two oils that immediately come to mind, and neither of them have apple in them. The first is The Temptation (new Love Potion, I don't think it's in the search engine yet, these are its notes: : attar of rose, calla lily, palmarosa, peach blossom, wisteria, rice flower, and black musk), which smells like a straight up apple cider mill to me. The other is Empyreal Mist (a hazy, soft, veiled scent: mist floating through twilit skies, curling gently towards the heavens), which smells like crisp green apples to me.

Clearly, I have an odd nose, but it's worth getting imps of these to try - even if you disagree that they're apple-y, they're both lovely, fresh scents.