Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Not the desperation, desolation and anguish of unrequited love, but the distant, chill and pitiless scent of the object of that doomed desire. White musk, osmanthus, Nile lily and frankincense.

Wet: very sweet, almost baby aspirin smelling. Not so much frankincense, more white musk, lily and osmanthus..even though it has the baby aspirin thing going on, I like it! I can see the apricot association.

Drydown: all light candied apricot and white musk. Slight floral lily smell but not notable. I think this will be a nice summer scent. In the category with katharina and the luau lounge.

To start, a pretty fresh citrussy floral. I'm thinking this would be a nice room scent. As it dries, it becomes 'chalky' on me, which white musk has a tendency to do. Oh well. I do think this would be a lovely room scent though, as long as it doesn't change like it does on my skin.

osmanthus and white musk together are so fresh! :P super nice, the frankinscense gives it a bit of depth

and the Lily makes it flowery enough to love it :wub:

I also like this a lot:

Not the desperation, desolation and anguish of unrequited love, but the distant, chill and pitiless scent of the object of that doomed desire.

Decant: Light musk with a hint of Lily.

Wet: Resiny, woodsy musk. Still bits of lily here and there, but it's behaving, to my surprise.

Dry: In the end, this is a woodsy light musk. There's lily, but it's not the top note. The top note is definitely this perfect white musk with hints of frankincense and some floral. Very light and, for some reason, feels like "fall."

Verdict: I got this decant during, I think, my first purchase ever on the forums. It's only taken me years to review it but the first time I sniffed it, I balked. But now? Why didn't I find a bottle? This is gorgeous!

ITB: I get lily and a light musk here.

Wet: Very strong lily, diaphanous musk, and faint hints of osmanthus. I'd like to smell frankincense at this stage, but I'm just not getting yet.

Dry: Well, the lily certainly steals the show here, although the frankincense and osmanthus are present, they are mere wall-flowers to the lily's show.

2011 version

In the imp: I'm not quite sure what I'm smelling in the imp, but it's stronger than I had expected. It smells a bit floral and...sharp.

Wet on skin: Ok, this is nice. A sweet floral. I'm not really getting any of the frankincense, which is a little disappointing, but there's still time for that to come out.

Dried down: Ok, there's the frankincense. I'm not really familiar with osmanthus, so I don't know what that's like, but this is very pretty. Good floral/incense blend.

Throw: It's got a little bit of throw. Mostly floral.

Verdict: **** This isn't going to be high on my priority list, but I'll grab a bottle of this for a good price.

Really? No reviews at all for the 2015 version? I guess I'll give it my best shot!

I adore Night's Pavilion, on me it is the perfect delicate floral. None of these notes typically work for me (lily, I'm looking at you!), but here I get a soft, delicate, close to skin floral musk. Lily tends to shriek on me, but is very well behaved here, not getting too cloying or heady, just lovely and fresh. I predominantly get white musk (very light and similar to skin musk) and the gentle floral of the lily, absolutely no frankincense. For floral lovers--I would definitely give this one a shot!

2015 edition!

Clean, cool florals in the vial -- very fresh. On the skin, I cant pick out any distinct flowers except for a slightly soapy lily mixed into a serene aquatic background. The white musk here isn't as obnoxious as it can be elsewhere, but it does bring to mind a (nice) laundry detergent. No frankincense, which might've rescued it from generic clean white floral territory. This one lasts quite a while. Put it on before bed and woke up with it still going strong 8 hours later.

2011 version

Wet: Warm, musky, a bit floral - very faint though. I smelled something fruity, for a sec? Hmmm. It's so hard to smell at all!

Dry: This amps up all of a sudden, and becomes a really sweet floral. I like it, but it's not wowing me - I have a ton of florals to choose from, so at this point, one has to really amaze me for me to justify fitting it into my collection. This is really pretty though! Glad I finally got to try it.