Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

... This scent reflects the futurism, self-indulgence and excess of the Glitter 70’s: champagne, hyacinth, tuberose, ylang ylang and flashing white musk with jonquil, tobacco flower, white sandalwood and a pale poppy.

Floral, but not as bad as some have been. I know it would be amazing on some, but since my body has a knack for enhancing anything floral, it just doesnt cut it for me. Edited by Shollin

I get a little bit of the hairspray. Mostly, its very sweet and boozy, with a tiny bit of tobacco. Its mostly sweetness and booze

In the bottle: Mmmm! Beautiful white musk, I can smell sharp ylang ylang, sweet tuberose for sure. The other scents are just generic flower at the moment. Not quite a champagne smell but an elegant alcohol.

On me: Soft and powdery, but in a beautiful white musky way. I can smell the bubbles of champagne, a sweet and lovely bitter alcohol scent. It must be the white sandalwood that doesn't fully pop on my skin but lends a nice dusty undertone to the mix.

Overall: Wow, this is feminine and wonderful, it reminds me of another scent I already have tried. I think it's similar to New Orleans without being super-sweet, or a deeper Arachne. On first sniff of the bottle it was DEFINATELY the white musk and sweet like Fae, but nothing like it at the same time. I really like this scent and it evokes images of dancing under a discoball and sipping something fruity and alcoholic. Very glam, add some glitter to it and it would be super-glam. I love it, so I'll probably keep i until I can't use it anymore. Love the artwork on the bottle, too.

Wet - I love the description of this, as this truly captures my own misspent youth. While I truly appreciate the artistry that went into creating this scent, but I no longer want to walk around smelling like Aqua Net Ultra Super Hold. Well, there is the champagne too. Champagne and hairspray.

Dry - the champagne is coming on a little stronger now; this smells effervescent! As time goes by the hairspray fades and this is all about champagne and ylang ylang. I don't ordinarily like ylang ylang, but this is different. It's a white, clean and yet decadent scent, the flip side of Perversion and Formula 54. You know, I think I like this!

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 4.

Edited by wickedgoddess

Stardust

In the imp: holy hairspray Batman! This really does smell like hairspray, it's uncanny. But it's also worrying me-I don't mind the scent but do I want a perfume that smells like hairspray? Well, I'll let my skin decide!

Wet on skin: still a bit hairspray-ish, but now some delightful floral notes are creeping out-things like hyacinth, tuberose, maybe some daffodil?

Dry on skin: now the white musk explodes into life! No longer hairspray, the scent is now that of a real 'retro perfume' kind of fragrance. It has a powdery white musk with a nostalgic perfume background, but there are little bits of fresh floral flitting through every now and then that break up the scent and make it different, and stop it from being flat or generic, adding personality to the scent. These floral notes come out even more as the scent reacts with the skin over time. I can smell dewy fresh tuberose and hyacinth, a bit of ylang and jonquil, some sandalwood, and a tang of champagne.

After a while: eventually the scent settles down into a lovely soft white musk scent with a hint of flowers and bubbly. It's very soft and smooth now, not as flashy as the just dry stage, but so pleasant! This is my favourite stage of the scent-so different to before, but ever so delightful. At one point of the scent I also get a slightly smoky floral note which might be the tobacco flower.

Verdict: this is like a scented time warp…a very retro scent that does seem to come straight from the 70s. At first it smells exactly like hairspray-so accurately it's scary. Luckily it doesn't smell like that on the skin-when it hits my skin, at first, it smells just like white musk and a perfume I've smelt before-not sure which but it's quite nostalgic. Then, as the scent warms up, floral notes flash though the scent and there's a bit of champagne in the mix, before settling down into a gorgeous smooth scent of soft musk, a bit of floral, and a little hint of champagne and tobacco-and I adore this drydown stage. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but I've really warmed to this fragrance. And yes, I'm definitely wearing this on New Year's Eve!

I was really afraid to try this one on. Tuberose, ylang ylang, and white musk have great potential to give me a migraine... and white musk often turns to a cheap hairspray smell on me, so it's worrisome that other people have been saying this smells like hairspray.

I sniffed this in the bottle and it had a very mind numbing sort of quality to it. It made me dizzy to inhale it.

First on. This is hairspray and PAIN. Oh God. :P It makes me cough and one quick sniff of my wrist sent my head reeling with a sharp jolt of stabbing pain. It's so sharp and thick. Perfumey and harsh.

5 minutes later. I feel nauseous and shaky. It's calming down a bit now and I can smell a bubbly boozy sort of champagne smell, but the initial sharpness and lingering hairspray scent in the background... this one is really and literally making me sick. It's so strong too. Overwhelmingly so.

I'm going to have to go and take a bath to wash this one off. This is, as I had feared, an instant and intense migraine for me. I pretty much never sell full bottles of BPAL (I collect the different labels and bottles), but I'm seriously considering just getting rid of this one.

stardust smells like its description. its a really wierd experience for me. it smells like the taste in my mouth times back in california when id be tipsy on booze & floaty on vic and getting ready to go out. getting hairspray and perfume in my mouth and the sharp bitter taste of pills. its so strange. i wouldnt wear this but the experience of it is so transporting i might keep the imp just to see if it keeps getting me memory-high.

mmm. yep. hairspray. and bad booze. until about an hour later. then it just smells stale on me.

what is it in there that smells like hairspray?? i got hairspray from hollywood babylon, too, but i don't see any common notes. . . :P

I've been reading the reviews of this scent avidly, because I had no idea what to expect from this scent.

Interestingly, despite previous concerns, I don't get floral notes from this scent at all. To me, it's all hairspray and champagne, and anything floral is...ambient would be the best term. There are floral notes because other people in the room are wearing floral perfume, but it's almost obscured completely by the booze and the bodies and the smoke drifting in from outside.

This smells like a lull during a wild New Year's Eve party. It's warm and musky and running the edge of giddy. Neat!

Edited by Voleuse

Love. Love love love love love. I can't pick out any specific thing I like about this, but I adore it. It's like freshly shampooed (with inexpensive, drug store shampoo like Suave or something), blow dried hair after a day of being in the sun and running through a meadow during the summertime. And it just screams "love the one you're with" or something. Fantastic! Must have more. Pronto.

I *adore* David Bowie so I immediately gleaned onto the idea of Stardust. It was fate or so I thought.

On my skin, Stardust is very sweet peaches with baby powder. It's definitely not good. I think it's the champagne note. I've had problems with that in the past.

I'm afraid Stardust and I shall have to part ways. I'll keep searching for the scent that reminds me of David Bowie. It's a hard thing to do but I'm up for the job. :P

Sweet, intense, hairspray floral "perfumy" perfume. It dries down to a peachy, sweet floral with a "perfumy" edge. On me, it seems a warmer scent, heavy, with something underpinning it that seems slightly spicy-like clove or something. It's definitlly not me, and it gives me a headache, actually, so I will be swapping my imp. I am so glad I got to try it though!

In the bottle: Soft clean and decadant. I can smell the white musk and champagne and hyacinth. However the rest is blended perfectly into each other. I'm excited to smell this one on my skin.

Wet: Oh....My......God. This is just.....omg....... *takes a moment to compose self* This is exactly what "Beauty" by Lord Byron describes. Every note, every waft of this is purely sensual. Not sexual mind you....sensual which is scores better than sexual. If I were a man and I was in a sea of people and I smelled this on a woman I would sniff her down like a bloodhound, grab her by the waist, take a deep breathe and melt her with a kiss worthy of the smack I was about to get. I LOVE this. 3ml's prz!

Drydown: There aren't many BPAL scents that get better on me as they drydown. I mean LOADS better. This one just aged and then POPPED into full bloom. I love this. Beth...PRZ bring this back! Like.....all the time.....please!! *begs*

I really didn't expect to like this one. Most heavily floral oils and I don't get on. Still, Stardust really is appealing, even to me.

It's very perfume-y. I can see where everyone is getting hairspray from. Still, there is a bit of sweetness, probably from the champagne, and the musk and sandlewood keep things from being overwhelmingly floral.

This scent really captures an image. It smells heady, like a small room crammed with too many bodies - perfumes blending in the air until it is just a musky, decadent cloud.

Oddly enough, I really enjoy Stardust. I don't know that I would wear it all the time, but it seems like a perfect perfume for a night of dancing. Perfect for New Year's Eve.

Well I think the hairspray associations come from some of the heavy florals in many hairsprays.

I didn't get a ton of floral on this, though I did get a serious dose of white musk and an undertone of champagne. This was posh, sophisticated, heavy all-night-long partying feminine perfume. It's a little sweeter on me than I anticipated and has a sort of waxy flower touch at points but it's mostly musk and champagne. Gorgeous and girly but not quite me.

This one I got because I remember the days of waking up early to watch my cousins tease their hair upwards towards great heights with large amounts of hairspray. Plus, I was curious to see how champagne would smell like on me.

In the bottle, WOW. I get Aquanet and more Aquanet!

Wet, still more Aquanet! But hints of musk, ylang-ylang, and fizzy champagne comes out.

Drying down, it's more effervescent and filled with lots of bubbles before slowly fizzing away to a sweeter, heady floral. It settles into a more powdery floral after an hour. Very nice.

Dry, it's settled to a retro sort of perfume. Definately reminds me the 80s and the era of strong, floral perfumes that waft after a person. I only dabbed it lightly on the back of my hand and it's still going strong several hours later. So the throw on me is amazingly long. I'm used to reapplying my scents after 4-5 hours since I tend to wear lighter scents. This scent is definately heavier than I would normally wear and is utterly perfect for a glitzy, glamorous night out on the town. Definately something I would wear if I was going to parties in limos, drinking expensive champagne, and dressed in something tight and slinky.

I look forward to wearing this on New Year's Eve!

Stardust is an accurate reflection of late nights and early mornings after too much fun with glamourous friends. The sun's just starting to come up, and you're doing one of the following things: either you've just collapsed on the bed and are thinking to yourself "oh my god...that was SO much fun...." or you're still out crawling around with your rock star friends.

Stardust is the scent of you spending the night backstage, in a crowd, in the VIP room, in the green room, wearing sunglasses, laughing, drinking, flirting, making out, running around, crawling in and out of taxis or limos, in hotel room parties, getting your picture taken, avoiding getting your picture taken, mingling with the groupies, talking on the tour bus after the show, hanging out with the band, being in the band.

I love it.

Edited by ayelienne

Damn this is the *perfect* BPAL to wear on New Year's Eve!

Boozy champagne and sweet sexy florals. I get a hint of hairspray, but it fades quickly to pure sweetness.

I love it.

wand.. ooh very crisp and pretty!

wet.. surprisingly nice.. i guess these flowers seem to like me.. its a VERY floral blend for me, almost too much, but i kind of like it. the white musk and sandalwood are strong and i love that. the flowers are coming out a bit more though. no hairspray here.

drydown.. staying relatively similar throughout drydown.. a bit more musk again, and its turning sweeter, and less "white flowers".. i think if it stays this way i could actually love this one.

5 min.. still nice!

okay, this is definitely a keeper!

stardust.jpg

This one is a pretty raucus blend, yes it would be at home in Vegas, baby. It's strong and floral, rather perfumy and ready for action. It does have a harmony in the blend that is appealing, in other words there isn't anything that smells out of place here, or like "that smells good but I don't get the note just bobbing around". I can see what some people said about hairspray, but I find that one of Stardust's most appealing parts.

I have to admit, this blend is pretty hard to pick apart, I have to call it floral and have to second the emotion that it is an '80's sort of scent: stong and full of musk, the hallmark of the "looking out for #1" sort of dame.

I got an imp of this from a dectan circle and it was teh first Yule scent I tried this time. I'm not getting the hairspray like some others but I get spicey florals with a hint of something darker.

Wet it smells the same on mye until it starts to dry down then it's very perfumy floral. It's a nice scent still but I'm not a very floral type of girl.

After all the way dry the musk comes out and gives it a very nice scent on me.

Over all it's a very lovely scent and I honestly think I should get another imp of it to keep around. But I really don't see me wearing it often enough to get a full bottle to myself.

This is a floral with a bit of bite. And a lot of androgyny. I think I'd love this just as much on a man as I do on myself.

Strongest notes are white musk and ylang ylang. It's definitely floral, but the musk gives it depth and one of the other florals is making it a bit... peppery? It's spicy but soft. I don't really get the "hair spray" thing, but maybe I was just never lucky enough to have hair spray that smells like this.

This is hot.

I was very, very nervous to try this given that everyone knows me as Stardust. And I desperately wanted to like it but was worried I wouldn't and would be disappointed. :P

But I love it! In the bottle it's very floral and party-like ('70's, anyone?) and definitely smells like hairspray to me.

On the skin, it livens up into more and more florals until it peaks, then I find that I can detect the champagne, smoke, slight hairspray. It's truly a genious concoction! It is the perfect scent for a night out, parties, clubs...a trip to Vegas!

I gave this 5 out of 5 stars! A keeper!

none of the other xmas descriptions really wowed me, but when i saw stardust, i ordered it immediately. besides sounding like an interesting scent, i <3 glam rock, so i HAD to order this.

at first stardust smells like hairspray and slightly sweaty skin (not in a bad way), then the champagne and florals come out. it kind of reminds me of the final net hairspray i used when i was younger. it then dries down to white musk + florals + a hint of hairspray. i really like this a lot, yay!