Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The fiery, volatile scent of cinnamon, thickened by myrrh, honeysuckle, and copal.

Dang my body chemistry, all I get is Red Hots. Red Hots and more Red Hots. No other notes even try to poke their heads up. I will give it another try when I'm in a different mood... just in case!

Mmmmm, pure, unadulterated cinnamon! :yum: This is another one that didn't change on my skin (I must have a fairly neutral chemistry... hmmmm.) and stayed true to the vial scent. I didn't get the Cinnabon note that a lot of folks have, but it is rich and sexy nonetheless!

I like this on its own, but I think it would be INSANE layered with something cakey or milky, like Drink Me or Cake Smash. Sadly, I have neither, but I might try it out with my Jack and see how that turns out. :)

My aged imp was gorgeously myrrh and cinnamon, so I'd ordered a full bottle. And the bottle I'd got seems to be heavy on the vanilla. Way too cinnamon bun foody for me.

There were several times I was going to swap it away but I'd finally discovered a use for it: layering it with Lucy Kissed (I stumbled upon this combo when I went to the grocery store the day I was testing these -the girl at the register complimented me on how good I smelled). :yum:

I just received an imp of them from a swap. It looks a bit aged. Now, I normally avoid cinnamon scents cause I'm just not a big fan, but I figured since I just some some to try,WTH?! why not give it a whirl, right? When I opened this and took a whiff.. ZOMG VANILLA!! :thud: nothing but smooth sweet vanilla. I dabbed some on, and after the dry down just a tinge of cinnamon in the background peeked it head out, mixed with my love, my precious vanilla. This is the most amazing smell. Now... was this a mislabeled lab imp?? Cause all the reviews are cinnamon cinnamon cinnamon. This is defintiely vanilla with a tinnnyyyy hint of cinnamon. I wish this blend really smelled like this because I would need gallons. So :wub2: cause its amazing smelling & :cry2: cause I'll never find more that smells like this one.

Bittersweet.

This imp actually smells more like the Chimera v5 proto I have that I absolutely adore. Hhmmm...

This was a frimp; I would never have ordered it for myself because of the honeysuckle. And I would have missed out on a great scent. At first it didn't seem promising: I mostly got sweet honeysuckle with a little cinnamon, and the overall effect was pastry-ish. But over the next twenty minutes the resinous myrrh and copal opened up (they're not super incensy here, more a kind of earthiness and strength), then the cinnamon really emerged and the honeysuckle became less dominant. The whole scent just kind of warmed up and got deep and complex. Love it.

Imp: Cinnamon and myrrh.

On my skin: A balmy, creamy cinnamon spiced up by myrrh. Simple yet lovely!

It starts off very cinnamony, but after about an hour cools out so the cinnamon is only really aggressive if I have my nose pointed directly at it. The honeysuckle and myrrh really balance it out after that point, creating a slightly almond-cream-vanilla blend that wafts as I move my hand. Very sexy.

It goes muted after the first two hours, but hangs on after that for quite a bit (over 5 hours now, total), sticking close to the skin and smelling a lot like creme brulee to me. Delicious, and definitely a keeper.

got this as a frimp on my first order. I almost like it. I didn't like in the bottle, but it smells much sweeter on then in the bottle

I bought this, hoping it would be a great cinnamon scent. And in the bottle it's divine! However on me, the cinnamon goes away almost entirely, and it turned very powdery, which is not a scent I particularly enjoy. I can see how other people would enjoy it, but it's not for me.

Wet: Honey-sweet and cinnamon-spicy

Drydown: Still sweet & spicy but deeper. I can detect the myrrh and honeysuckle now. There's a slightly medicinal quality that makes me think that Snake Oil might be an unlisted note.

Dry: Sweet, creamy, spicy, and resinous. There's a glowing quality that I'm guessing is the copal. Slightly tingly.

My, my, this is a lovely one. A mix of foodie cream and spice with sexy resins. I imagine this is what Snake Oil smells like on the people that love Snake Oil. This does wonderful things on my skin. No red hots here!

6.5 out of 10 bones

Edited by BoneBone24

In my Playful Wooden Mallets inspired cinnamon frenzy, I tried my Frimp of this. Yum. sweet delicious and yes, cinnamon. So good. Big bottle on the way, with the Mallets to keep it company. :wub2:

I received this as a frimp from an Ebay auction that I won. I'm assuming my imp was aged, but I can't be sure. Anyways, I would never have picked this for myself because the honeysuckle and myrrh aren't notes that I'm normally attracted to, but I'm SO happy that I got to try this.

In the imp: Creamy cinnamon. Sweet and fiery all in one.

Wet on my skin: Still sweet and cinnamony, but even less spicy. Like what I imagine "cinnamon-lite" would smell like. It's very bright and soft at the same time. There's a soft fresh sort of note, which I assume is the honeysuckle, calming down what could be an over powering spiceyness.

Dry on my skin: This is almost unbearably comforting. I keep smooshing my face into my wrist and inhaling with closed eyes. There's a creamy sweetness swirling around with the cinnamon that reminds me of some mouthwatering desert that I can't place. I can't pick out any one note more than the other at this point, it's just really well-balanced tastiness.

Overall: I need a full sized bottle!! I keep dabbing this on before I leave the house, and my little imp is running low. This is a very work-friendly scent that I'm sure I'll be comfortable wearing at any time of the year, because I just love it so much. I think that if the cinnamon were any stronger, it might just be too much, but this is perfect and comfortable and fantastic for every day. :)

To me, Chimera smells like the Aphrodite Kypria room spray, but a little less sweet.

I live cinnamon smells but can't usually wear them because it irritates my skin and it amps and turns into cinnamon red hots. This smells cotton candy sweet with warm resins and I love it. I would only be able to wear this in my hair.

In the imp, this smelled very strongly of cinnamon, almost like the inside of a craft store or a strong potpourri. Once I put it on, the honeysuckle and myrrh came out, giving the cinnamon a nice creaminess - not too cloying or foody, but a little sweeter than I would have expected. The throw is not too strong, but the staying power is great - I put it on at 12 pm, and at 9 pm it's still going, with a little more of the copal coming out. I wasn't sure if I was in love with this since it's a little sweeter than I expected, but I got a couple compliments on it, so I think I'll give it another shot.

A lot of cinnamon scents are much too aggressive and just smell like red hots or cinnamon candy on my skin. However, the cinnamon in this is gentle, warm, sweet, and creamy, like the softer cinnamon sugar in cinnamon morning buns. It threatens to get slightly plasticky in the vein of Dana O'Shee, but never ends up being as much of an offender as Dana was on my skin. Also, it's not too foody/sweet because of the copal and myrrh--it has the same softness to the cinnamon as cinnamon buns, but doesn't actually smell exactly like baked goods to me. :wub2:

That's warm and lovely - I get a scent of amaretto-like liqueur and cinnamon so so spicy that at first it hurts my nose, then it cams down and it's quite... lovely and warming. Rated 3 out of 5.

Thoughts before testing: I absolutely adore the way cinnamon smells, but I've only ever found one perfume (Harlot :wub: )that didn't turn to immediate Red Hots or cinnamon buns on my skin. Copal and honeysuckle don't usually work for me, but I'm testing everything that comes my way these days. So here goes!

Wet: Beautiful smooth cinnamon, sweet but not foody. It also doesn't burn my skin like a lot of blends with cinnamon do.

Dry down: Still mostly a cinnamon single note on me, but it's sweet and has a lot of depth.

Dry: Still sweet, deep cinnamon.

Final thoughts: I love cinnamon, and so I love the way this smells. I'm glad that everything else managed to stay in the background because this is the cinnamon perfume I've been looking for!

Verdict: Immediate bottle purchase.

This was a lab frimp with my latest order.

In the imp: Rich cinnamon and copal mostly, with a light, pretty sweetness. I had a little trepidation, because I have a skin sensitivity to cinnamon that can sometimes be a full blown contact dermatitis reaction with redness, itching, and swelling, so I applied this very sparingly.

Wet: This is a deliciously rich scent. It's not a foodie cinnamon, not like pie spice or anything. More like cinnamon incense. I think the copal is probably contributing to that. Sometimes myrrh can go a little too sweet on me. The cinnamon keeps it from that. The whole thing smells like expensive incense before it's burned.

Dry down: The scent fades down soft and skin close but still gorgeous. Best of all, no reaction to the cinnamon, no redness or itching. I can see a bottle of this in my near future. LOVE it.

This is really nice! It's a soft warm sensual cinnamon, not a burning hot clear your sinus cinnamon. The Cinnamon overshadows a lot of the other notes in this blend on my skin, but I can see the vanilla adding a touch of creaminess (though it doesn't stand out as VANILLA) The Myrrh adds a hint of resiny woodiness that just rounds out the whole blend and keeps it really soft and warm.

I'd rate this 3.5/5 - I'll keep my imp, but I don't need a bottle.

Omg yes. I can always count on this one to smell really good. It's like the ultimate cinnamon buns perfume without being too foody. It's yummy cinnamon and creamy sweet goodness. Major win and one of my favourites.

Wet: Super foody and warm. Like a cinnamon bun! The cinnamon goes pretty quickly into red hots territory on me, unfortunately.

Drying: It still has that foody feel, probably the vanilla, but it VERY much the red hots or fire balls sort of cinnamon when I get up close to it. The throw is much softer, more like a vanilla based cinnamon incense, but it's still very candy like.

Dry: Candy, candy and more candy. It's dry, sharp and any close whiffs go right to my nose. Shame, because this was almost yummy...

In the imp - WHOA cinnamon! Cinnabon. LOL

That pastry impression intensified when I put it on. But there's something there keeping it from being completely 100% foody to me. Maybe the resins? I don't get honeysuckle at all. After a few minutes the cinnamon goes from just-this-side-of-eye-searing to creamy and mellow.

I like this one. It's totally different from the scents I usually go for - florals. Usually anything with resins (myrrh, copal) turns to diaper bag on me, so this was a pleasant surprise.

I ordered an imp of this recently as it's something totally different from what I like and want to expand my perfume collection of different notes

in imp- a nice sort of cherry red, looks interesting so far. On opening the imp, it's a lovely sweet smell of delicate cinnamon...is that cherry? It's not listed as a note- how odd but nice :)

wet on skin- it was sweet in the imp but somehow it's getting sweeter? Not that I'm moaning, I do like sweet sometimes...it's kind of a sweet cake like cherry with a very fine hint of cinnamon now

Dry on skin- this 1 doesn't change much on me, although when it's dry, there's more of a cinnamon hit, which I do love! Still pretty sweet too

Overall, this 1 is a real winner for me! Too bad I've already ordered :( ah well, next time I do, it's a big bottle, it's something really girly I'd say, normally I stick to green or woody scents eg deep in earth, zombi ect, but something new is always good

Got this as a frimp with my first ever order!

Out of the vial- Pure cinnamon, maybe a hint of honeysuckle.

Wet on my skin it was all cinnamon with a bit of weird plastic undertone that thankfully faded within a minute or two.

For the next hour I basically smelled like a Cinnamon Red Hot Candy until the cinnamon faded to leave mostly myrrh with just a hint of a nice dusty cinnamon note.

Didn't last on me quite as long as I would have liked, maybe 6 hours before fading away completely.

All in all a nice scent that I will definitely wear again but might be a good one to keep an imp of in my bag for reapplication.

Edited by Aevajohnson

First on i get a strong cinnamon bun smell like ones pulled fresh out of the oven. Then it starts to mellow a bit and it becomes a creamy resinous cinnamon scent.