Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ChupaChup

The Hamptons

The scent of a Cosmopolitan cocktail.

In the imp: soda, definitely some kind of soda, maybe ginger ale or maybe 7-up.
Wet on skin: it shifts over a bit more towards 'something you'd clean with' but in a nice way. I'd really enjoy cleaning with whatever this was.
I give in and read the description at this point, and while I still stand by my earlier statements, a fruity cocktail does make sense, but on me less boozy and less fruity than it could be.

No major morphing past this point. Average throw while still a 'light' scent if that makes sense. Average staying power.

Edited to add description. Edited by Shollin

Imp: Cranberry and citrus. Thick and syrupy. A very pink scent.

Wet: A dustiness comes out on impact that I think is common on my skin with all vodka notes. Sort of smells like baby aspirin or dusty fruit candies.

Dry: The dustiness goes away and this dries down into a basic sort of cranberry scent. It's okay. Cranberries are fine on my skin but I'm not a big fan of straight up berry scents. Tempered a bit by a slightly citrus scent but pretty basic. Very, very sweet.

Throw: Pretty strong, actually.

Overall: Eh. I think I might like it more as a bath product than a perfume scent. This is just too fruity and a tad too cloying to wear all day.

In the Imp: Who ever said soda, Ginger Ale or 7 Up is correct! That's what I got. Kinda fizzy.

On the skin: The soda scent is nice. I'm enjoying it.

Half an hour later: Not so nice. It turned to soap with no real scent. It just went away! It almost has a waxy scent. No diggity.

:::THE HAMPTONS:::

Uh-oh... Here come the mean girls. How refreshingly droll...

The Hamptons rocks... Er, Vamps?

From the very first sniff, this formula quakes with the haughty, botox-browed jeer that is befitting the creme de la creme of the Atlantic Coast's Snobbapalooza.

Power of suggestion be damned, not only does The Hamptons smell like THE Cosmopolitan Cocktail, carefully balanced on the goosepimpled backside of a submissive wearing a kitten mask and a whip between her teeth, but the fragrance that is The Hamptons also implies the salty sparkle of a day at The (privelidged) beach; wearing summer whites and marveling at how great it feels to be a right bastard.

On the wrist, the Cranberry sits bolt upright and stretches, smiles solicitously, and gives itsself a scratch... Why hello there! Got naked?

The Hamptons is infernally vogue. A contemptuous tiara.

While this might be unisex in an open-minded sort of way, this is certainly more befitting the dreaded debutante.

Posh!

Fruit Stripe gum! Remember that? I've never had a Cosmo, but this is a nice fruity scent with only the lightest touch of alcohol.

Yep, that's a Cosmo all right, in the imp and on my skin. We'll see if it works as a scent on me. Not quite sure what to think of this at the moment, going to give it a full skin test soonish. Full skin test makes it go a bit cleaning solution on me, sadly. Going to pass this on.

Edited by Venneh

Super fizzy with tart cranberry and citrus. Starts off really strong, fades after a few hours but still lots of throw. This is a fun, happy scent. I like it enough to keep the imp, but I'll pass on a bottle.

Exactly as described, a cosmo! Vodka and cranberry juice and lime. Very boozy and sweet. Smells distinctly of vodka. Has a slight cola smell for some reason, but I think the boozy smell is reminding me of this. Don't know if I would like to smell like this all the time, but definitely smells delicious. Not a very strong scent, and fades a bit to the sweet citrus and cranberry. Want to drink it more than wear it.

As soon as I smelled this in the imp, I was instantly reminded me of some of the mixes they use in bars for cocktails, like blue curacao or something similar. A bit limey too, but no sign of cranberry. Wet, it smells more alcoholic and in a way, a bit like menthol? It is still more on the citrusy side. Very invigorating. That menthol note slowly fades away as the Hamptons dries, basically leaving me with what it smelled like in the imp, except that it isn't as strong.

In the Imp: Cranberry and citrus. Nice!

Wet: Merry cranberry to all, and to all a good cranberry. Its almost a cranberry sauce, which makes this scent good for the Holidays.

Dry; The citrus comes back out, making this smell even more like my Mom's cranberry sauce. I like this one!

Not sure I'd get a big bottle, but this is great for the Christmas season.

It reminds me a lot of Bathtub Gin. Maybe too much. It's bubbly and ginny. I don't get much fruit out of it. It seems very clear to me, like a gin and tonic. I get no cosmo scent out of this whatsoever, but it is a good bubbly gin scent.

Edited by Madame Nyx

The Hamptons

On: Fruity alcohol.

2 hours in: Not quite as strong, but still a fruity cocktail.

5.5 hours in: Powdery and fruity.

Overall: I like this, but not enough to wear it often.

if starbursts moved into the liquor/wine flavored catagory, this would be the champagne burst. it's really nice. it's not a champagne note, but i get a sweet white wine feel from the blend. i love the lab's wine notes, but most of them are really heavy and in your face booze on me. this isn't that dominant. under the wine/wine like note there's a jumble of really sweet, juicy fruits. the general impression is red, but it's red the way that a bag of life savers or starbursts are red- a pile of things with an overarching feel of red but no one single fruit coming forward the most.

i do really like this one, which was unexpected. it reminds me a lot of mason and jenkin's port jelly, but i can't wear that one to work because it's too obviously wine. this one i can get away with because it's much more subtle but very much has the same feel to me.

Definitely smells like a good Cosmo. I normally like booze scents, but this one is just so exact on my skin that I feel like I've spilled something on myself. Oh, and it disappeared quickly anyway...

In the imp: Lime, cranberry and booze.

Wet: It's still very fruity, but not as boozey.

Dry: Lime-y alcohol. Meh, not for me. I'm not huge on booze scents but I still like to try them.

ITI: It smells like vodka, cranberry, and lime. Yep, that’s a Cosmopolitan. I’m a little worried about wearing this scent to work as I work with students.

Wet: The lime and cranberry are still present, but the boozey quality of the vodka is overpowering.

Dry: The boozey quality ends up drying down to a powder with hints of lime.

On the skin: Definitely smells like a boozy drink! With cranberry? Never had one as far as I can recall, but now I want one! Kinda makes me think of a berry Sprite after a bit.

Interesting, but I would rather drink this than smell like this!

Very accurate! I actually got more of a bubbly soda/champagne feel than booze, but it's definitely a cosmo. Light, bubbly, and fruity. It gets a tad bit powdery after a while - more like sweet tarts, but never completely dry.

Ya, this is definitely a summer cosmo! Lots of fizzy gin, and something fruity. I thought strawberry, but reading, dwn, it is definitely cranberry. This is fun, fresh and fruity, and great for summer.

I was rummaging through my GC bottles today, and picked up The Hamptons. I couldn't remember what it was like, so I slathered some on. I'm so glad I did! I had forgotten all about this little beauty :smile:

I haven't ever tried a Cosmopolitan cocktail, and I generally stay away from anything that might have white spirits such as gin (ick, nasty sourness on my skin!), but there's nothing obviously 'alcoholic' smelling about The Hamptons... just a slight hint of a boozy smell. Mostly what I get is a dark, rich orange that smells syrupy - like a liquer (Cointreau comes to mind). But mixing with the orange is something red - like a pomegranate or cranberry. And there's a touch of a zesty citrus - lime, I guess.. since that's what everyone else is reporting.

The interesting thing about The Hamptons is that for something so obviously fruity, it doesn't really smell like a fruit blend per se. It ends up quite dry, rather than fizzy, but retains that lovely orange top note all the way through to the last little bit of fragrance that remains on my skin after a few hours.

PS - just for the record, my bottle is well aged, circa early 2007.

If this is what The Hamptons really smell like, then - as Liz Lemon would say - I want to go to there.

This was a frimp from the Lab.

It’s been ages since I had a Cosmopolitan, but this smells spot-on. It’s very sweet, fruity and pink in the imp, with a kick from the booze. It settles down on the skin, while remaining quite sweet—this is a very sweet cranberry.

This will be fun to wear on summer weekends.

In the imp: Frizzy and fruity (perhaps cherry?).

Wet: This is fruit dominant (and the fruit is definitely red). I'm not getting very much fizziness.

Dry: A very fruity cocktail. The booze is a lot stronger in this phase, but it is still fruit dominant.

Verdict: This is way too fruity for me.

Oh, I really liked this! Usually, alcoholic fizzy notes like gin or champagne can bug my head but this doesn't. It's a very sweet, candy like mixed drink. Very fun and flirty. Perfect for summer. I'm debating if I should try to find more of this. Unsure how often I'd wear it, but it's a cheerful, pick me up kinda scent.

I keep coming back to this one, even though it's discontinued and I know it'll only end in heartache when I run out of my imp. XD But there's juniper in here and a candy sweetness, and maybe it's just me but I get a little bit of the lab's ice note back there behind everything else. I really, really like this and will have to try to find some more!