Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blackrayne

Wrath

WRATH

From the Seven Deadly Sins collection...

A scent aflame with rage, swirling in the red haze of hatred: dragon's blood spiked with black pepper, clove, and cinnamon.

Wrath...very firey, quite like my temper tends to be. Normally I don't like clove and peppery scents, but this one is far from normal.

*edited to add the official BPAL description*

Hot, hot, hot - cinnamon and subtle black pepper, which makes this a very sexy sort of angry. The clove didn't come out at first, so I thought I might be able to wear this, but ... the clove appeared about five minutes in, and gave me an instant headache, so no-go. :P Edited by jj_j

In the bottle: Wow that's red!

It smells vaguely sharp, in almost a doctor's office sort of way. (That isn't a bad thing - it's comforting to me, as I worked in one for several years.)

On: It sweetens up considerably. It must be the Dragon's Blood I'm smelling - it's what I would expect a red lily to smell like. The clove is starting to emerge slightly. It's very candylike. My wrist smells quite like the metaphysical bookstore I used to frequent.

Dry: It's gone deep. Rich. Darker. For a short while, I could find the pepper, but it's hiding again. I no longer smell like East West Books, and just smell good.

Longevity: It's been on about 2-3 hours, only a teeny bit on one wrist, but it's very faded. The scent is still the rich, dark thing it changed into, but I have to look for it.

This is decidedly going on my 'buy a big bottle' list.

Wet it smells like that new car smell, or plastic. I see where the docs office smell comes from. Once applied The clove pepper cinnamon and resin intermingles nicely. Sometimes wrath is a good thing! This is sweet and spicey, a good fix for meeting that X you hate so much. Or even just getting what you rightly deserve, demanding, forceful, and I feel a bit self righteous...

I don't know how long the staying power is on this one, and I prob won't buy a bigger bottle, but the sample just does me right for now.

Right when news of this scent came out, I was preparing an exorcism spell that was comprised of these notes exactly, which was fortuitous, because now I add this oil in with said spell (am kitchen-y witch). Hot, dirty, black-peppery, anchored by the sweet, red intensity of thick dragon's blood, the spike of clove will surprise you all day.

I'm fascinated by this one. I think even if it had been clear in the bottle it would still smell so red, almost a vermilion! Very spicy but still sweet and definitely a sexy scent ... for the first few minutes I kept trying to figure out what it reminded me of ... the image in my mind was hot summer with flecks of gold and glitter ... and I finally realized it has a definitely similarity to the old Bain de Soleil orange gel, which is one of the single most evocative images of summers and beaches and vacations and hedonism.

Half-hour dry and it's less Bain de Soleil and more part pepper and part cinnamon gum, with the cloves finally starting to emerge. Definite keeper, probably 5 ML bottle buy.

REVISITED AND RE-REVIEWED APRIL 2013:

The last review in my first go-round alphabetically of ALL of my BPAL scents so I can finally launch my swap page ... and I am baffled why I never got around to ordering a 5 ML bottle of this. I do, however, have three imps so that's almost as good. The funny thing is I wrote down my notes on this before re-reading my review from nine years earlier.

IN THE IMP: Bright red red red red red with an orange glow. The dragon's blood is NOW a note I am very familiar with and is recognizable, but would not have been when I first tried it. I think the cinnamon actually is stronger than the DB though.

Dabbed on my wrist and in the crook of my arm. A slight burn.

WET: Awesomely deliciously and florally-cinnamonly spicy-mc-spicerson. It reminds me, when wet, a lot of my Mercury and Mars celestial blends.

DRYDOWN: There are two very strong sensory memory associations. The first is absolutely the old Bain De Soleil No. 4 gel. Visions of slathering without guilt or concern at the beach or by the pool when all that mattered was getting tan and wondering :do I look fat in this?" ... The other is of the little red-hot cinnamon candies that would come as "pills" in toy doctor's kits.

OVERALL: Must. Have. More.

On a scale of 1-5, a 5.

Edited by JazzieCazzie

One of the girls in the office came over this morning to show me the imps she got in a swap (lol, there are 4 BPAL addicts in my office...how cool is that?). I put on a touch of Wrath and I'm in love! I have to add dragon's blood to my list of notes I like.

This was a spicy cinnamon/clove, but not a chai cinnamon...more of a Big Red sharp cinnamon. I am in love with this scent and it is going on my 5ml (at least) list. I'm wondering how this would smell in a room diffuser or shower gel...

Lisa in Austin

Copied from another thread - Last week, one of the girls at work brought in a Wrath that she had swapped for. I put just a dab on my wrist since I was wearing something else. I don't know if it was the spicy hot cinnamon of the Wrath, or just the stress that normally comes with a deadline and pending reductions in force...but I was not able to tolerate the "high maintenance" person I work with as well as I usually do. I had to really work hard to not snap back at her when she snapped at me. I was to the point where I was about ready to walk out if she said another cross word to me. Was it the Wrath...or was I just PMSing?

Edited by chai_girl

Wearing Wrath is like getting a spunk infusion. I've been running low lately, and decided to try it out... I LOVE this scent. Like red hots with real depth. Grr! spunky now, grr grr!

:P

This made me realize that my skin + even a hint of a non-delicate floral = carpet spray smell.

I really wanted to love this one, and the smell when wet was great: cinnamon, pepper, and corn syrup. I don't know what the problem ingredient was, but as soon as it was on me for 10 minutes a gross flowery smell smell started oozing from my wrists, and I was left smelling like deodorant pantiliners with some red hots thrown in.

In any case, this one has some staying power - I washed it off after a while but it refused to budge. :P

Edited by ladylatemar

Initial Impression:

ooooh loveliness. Anger has never been so gorgeous. This smells strongly of spice. Like Big Red gum only more pleasing.

After Wearing It:

I was in a really unpleasant/anxious/melancholy mood the day I wore this so my feelings towards it were slightly affected and it certainly didn't help. I liked this, but I didn't love it as much as I thought I would when I sniffed the imp ear when I first got it. It's a bit too candy like, like cinnamon gumballs. The dragon's blood note wasn't as strong as I would have liked. It smells very similar to Three Witches, though the DB gives it a nice twist. Just wish it was a bigger one!

Final Thoughts:

Good scent overall, but my mood that day really put some negative connotations on it. I doubt anything would have pleased me then, so I need to go back and wear it when I'm feeling better before I pass a final judgment.

I just realized I had never reviewed this.

Wrath smells like angry candy. Cinnamon and cloves mostly.

(And smells *nothing* like Three Witches on me - Skin chemistry in action)

I was in a really bitter, angry mood today, and picked this scent to match. My temper is now under control, and my anger has shifted from a hot must-kill-now, to a much colder someday-they-will-pay.

Yummy stuff.

I received this in my imp's ears order and really enjoy it. Initially, I thought it was going to be too strong. As a matter of fact, when I walked into work tonight, I was afraid that I was going to smell up the communications center but my coworker liked it. I've had it on now for probably nine hours and it's definitely toned down. It's definitely stronger than scents I'm used to but I would keep wearing it. The pepper and cinnamon combination is really difficult to explain but it mellows nicely after being on for awhile.

A keeper!

I really like this one. At first, it if very hot, cinnamony. I can't smell the clove in this at all. Then it changes to a sweet smell - very much like candy. I really love the scent of this. I think I will buy a big bottle.

Initial sniff:An angry red scent. Even in the bottle, it smells HOT.

Wearing: This one morphs from a spicy, cinnamony, peppery scent that is slightly sweet into a warm sweet scent that is slightly spicy. It does fade a little quicker than I like, but I just reapplied and really slathered - we'll see if that makes a difference.

Final Impressions: When dry, this scent is not even remotely wrathful (which is not a bad thing!). I've recently tried 3 scents that contained dragon's blood resin, and my body chemistry loved every one of them - if I can get this one to last longer, i'll definitley order a big bottle!

In the bottle: Reminded me of Big Red chewing gum.

On me: I didn't think I was going to like this, I am not so much into candy scents- but as the day went on (this had some real staying power BTW). I sort of liked it. I think its is when the cinnamon calmed down and the other notes came out on me.

Smelling it out of the vial I am reminded of a soapy type scent, but smelling it again, I am reminded more of red hot candies and am tempted to

take a taste since I love those things.

On my wrist, I smell the cinnamon and clove and it is a right in your face hot and spicy scent and I still am reminded of those candies, yum. About an hour later I have a hard time finding the scent onmy wrist.

First Impression: I can't pick out any of the individual notes, which surpises me because I love dragon blood, cinnamon and clove.

Second Impression: The cinnamon just isn't there, this does not smell good on me. It's almost a drab smell.

Final Analysis: I thought this would be a winner for me, but alas off to swap.

It must simply be my night for smelling things that aren't there. Out of the bottle, I smell something vaguely jasmine, although less green and more red. Must be the combo of clove and cinnamon. Perhaps the dragon's blood. I do love this scent, the first of the '7 Sins' I've tried, which is ironic. More than a tad bit resembles Mars, although that's not at all unexpected. Just a tinsy bit of the pepper pokes out, although I may be imagining it because I read its in there. Mind over nostrils :P If all the '7 Sins' are this good, no wonder one gets damned for them. Sinful. Hehe.

Overall impression? Two lovers in a grotto of jasmine passing red hots back and forth between each other's mouths.

Perhaps the Wrath comes in when someone catches them...

Seems so odd to color this review green, but I do love it so.

In the bottle: I expected, especially with the color, this to be as 'hot' as Mars was. It's sweeter somehow, and less agressive. Not so much cinnamon as .. well .. possibly the clove blending with dragon's blood. All I know is it's not the cinnamon red hots I expected of a scent named Wrath.

Wet: More clove than cinnamon at first, and a little sweetness. After a while though the cinnamon and pepper come out, and I really love it. Sadly, the little wand came off in my imp .. but that's okay. I don't think it'll matter one bit!

Wearing: Definitely an 'angry' scent. I'm entirely pleased that my skin isn't as sensitive to the cinnamon oils as so many of you seem to have troubles with, because I love cinnamon-y scents. This one is no exception. It's hot, and spicy, and altogether a perfect match for its name, even though I didn't expect it to be from the smell in the vial.

Edited: because 'and' is not the same word as 'an'. Grr.

Edited by TygherRayn

This is like the wearable version of the best cinnamon room scent ever.

At first, the cinnamon and pepper are quite prominent, making Wrath fairly similar to Three Witches. After one hour or so, the dragon's blood comes through, giving the blend plenty of depth and fruitiness.

The lasting power on my skin is very good (10 hours), even if by the end the day all I can smell is the dragon's blood.

A very well-rounded scent, deeper and smoother than the other cinnamon oils I have tried so far. I can definitely see myself wearing this on a regular basis.

When I first applied this, it had a definite candy-like quality going on, with a bite of cinnamon. after half an hour or so, the clove stands out more. Two hours later, it has morphed back into a candy-scent

Final verdict: interesting enough to keep and finish the imp.

Wrath

When first applied I am immediately aware of the Dragon’s Blood and then my brain drifts to the Doctors’ surgeries of my youth and the smell I associate with Polio serum. I think it must be a combination of sugar and cherry. It takes quite a few minutes before I can smell the cinnamon. The pepper I can feel on my eyes rather than smell it! Usually with Dragon’s Blood I recognise it but this is the first time I have really felt I was smelling a resin. Finally I can smell the clove. The application is still wet, but it has taken ages before the clove arrived.

They’re all here… and touch wood my skin isn’t burning

I love the cinnamon with the sweetness of the Dragon’s Blood.

Interesting to see that roisnoir and Nadirah have also had the Doctor reaction :P

Edited by allamanda

in the vial: Bloodlust without the vetivert. It's sexy dragon's blood and cinnamon-y goodness. :P

on my skin: It smells like spicy Dragon's Milk, only the vanilla's been replaced by something that smells like sweet almond (?). It's still not as sweet as Dragon's Milk, though. This and Dragon's Milk are creepy little Jim Henson fraggle baby dragons. Dragon's Milk is sweet and happy, this one's pissed off. This is Dragon's Milk's sister with anger issues.

Oh, I lurves it. :D

Edited by Effluvia

Wow, I really love Wrath! At first, it was all cinnamon on me, but now the dragon's blood has come out too - I'd never smelled it before, but I knew it based on all of your descriptions! :P It's deep and sweet and really balances out the cinnamon. I can definitely see (smell?) the wrath in this scent - it's a very deep, seething kind of smell. But oddly, I also find it kind of...comforting. It's very warm and very sexy. I only put a little bit on because I was nervous about the cinnamon, but my skin is not burning and I can smell it quite easily, wafting up from my arm. It's great, and I think I will add it to the I Want a Bigger Bottle list!

At application, this is bright, vivid lilac, which is how my skin tends to translate dragon's blood in all but the most miniscule quantities. As it dries, it mellows a touch. It is still rather floral in nature, but the spices kick up enough to make themselves detectable.

Shortly, the cinnamon and clove come to the fore, with the red sweetness of the dragon's blood immediately behind. After about an hour, the pepper note emerges, with the clove and cinnamon remaining strong. The sweet spiciness of the dragon's blood is still present as well, but not as prominent as when wet.

Mmmm, spicy goodness! It is going to be a hard decision to choose between Wrath and Three Witches, but the dragon's blood gives Wrath that tiny bit of added edge that Three Witches is missing.