Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

For crappy, rainy days, when I just feel like GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! (not just hurricanes) I like to put on either Zephyr, because it makes me feel so pretty or Tushmanatay, because it's got that creamy-rich sandalwood kick that totally lifts my spirits. Sandalwood as a single scent is good too, I layer it with vanilla. YUM!

I guess I'll be the minority here in that I tend to match my perfumes to the weather when it's rainy out. :P

It gets foggy here a lot in the mornings, and I almost always choose Lightning or Moon Rose to go with it. But then again, I love the way fog smells.

I live where Hurricanes Ivan, Charley, and Jeanne decided to flood (western North Carolina), so it rained an awful lot, and I still almost always chose Lightning or Moon Rose. Water-smell matching water-smell. They kind of make the dreariness into something more pleasant, gray with a nice tinge of blue or pink.

Actually, it's drizzly today, and I'm wearing...tada....Lightning. *not predictable, no*

i usually throw on scents that match rainy days or dreary days but on sunny days etc anything goes for some reason. i think i prefer dreary autumn days to beautiful sunny ones, so i try to capture that feeling more often. :P

I adore storm and rain!!!(and therefor Autumn)

What i find suiting with these days are:

Hurricane (well that's quite obvious)

Blue Moon

Ultra Violet.

In the evening if it's wet cold and chill, I wear those comfy scents like Dana, O, Gluttony, Jack

I always wear warm, comfy scents on rainy days. Old Athens (love the honey :P ) and Spellbound are amongst my favourites for those days, it feels like wrapping a warm blanket around you to counteract the cold....

If it's a cold, rainy day, a smidgen of Hellcat does wonders. But if it's a light, rainy day, something like Lightning, Tempest, or Persephone works as well.

OK, so imagine it's March or April, and green is starting to replace winter's grays and browns.

It's raining. The whole world smells like fresh rain and green growing things. The sky is gray, but it only serves to make the green grass, the pink redbuds, and the white dogwoods stand out brighter than they would against a blue sky.

You're feeling exhilarated and have the sudden urge to go dancing madly in the rain.

If this feeling came in a bottle--which BPAL would it be?

Neo-Tokyo for a spring shower, if it's actually raining. Empyreal Mist has that same feeling, without the ozone, more green. It's light & slightly tangy. So maybe that for a light sprinkle.

Dublin has that clean, fresh, misty, green smell. I love love love Dublin and its the closest thing to fresh rain that I have tried.

Amsterdam (watery tulips) and Rosalind (light grassy flowers) are both fresh-green-growing-things scents.

Amsterdam is the essence of spring for me. It's more a sunny spring morning in a garden next to some running water than a dance in the rain, though.

Szepasszony....it's got to be Szepasszony.

All right, I give up--it has to be Szepasszony! :P I was considering getting that anyway, and it being suggested here is a fun bit of synchronicity.

And I never object to people quoting Cavafy, either. I'm not very familiar with him, but all that I've seen is haunting.

Tempest smells like lime rain. :P

I'll second Dublin as a beautiful green scent ... I don't get "rain" specifically from it, but I love it.

Tempest smells like lime rain.  :P

I'll second Dublin as a beautiful green scent ... I don't get "rain" specifically from it, but I love it.

I have to second the note on Tempest. I have Dublin too and it does more of a morning dew scent on me, not rain.

Tempest smells just like the storm rolling in.

Having put Leanan Sidhe on for the first time this morning, I must weigh in on this thread! I've also tried and liked Szepasszony and Tempest, but Leanan Sidhe - on me, at least - is pure springtime joy in a bottle!

Demeter's wet garden?

It's all April showers weather here at the moment. So it's not *too* cold but very damp and this demeter's perfume captures it totally. I'm not too up to date on BPAL green type scents so am asking the experts!

Any ideas?