Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Scylla

Mi-Go Brain Canister

In an effort to create a pleasing environment during a surprise trip to Yuggoth, we have created a soothing yet stimulating blend of pink pepper, peony, jasmine, mango, kiwi, pomegranate, pineapple, white ginger, serene white tea and light musks. Bon voyage!

1/24/2012: Mi-Go Brain Canister

Previous scents: Dove deodorant.

In the bottle: What in the world. This is the most interesting mix between a floral and a fruity that I’ve ever smelled. Come to me. Right now.
Testing method: Knocked the bottle once against both wrists and rubbed together.

Immediately: I’ve smelled this before. I don’t know what the hell it is, but this just seems so familiar to me. It’s like hyacinth and mango both at once.

Fifteen minutes: This has become very, very floral over the years. I was expecting much more of the mango, kiwi, pomegranate, pineapple, but it feels like a lot of the ‘juice’ has been taken out of it. At the same time, it’s still very well-rounded by the ginger, tea, musk combination. I really like this, even though it’s especially complex.

One hour: This is a very tropical, lush, jungle-like floral. Unfortunately, I’m getting none of the fruit, which was my impetus for purchasing this, but I think it’s lurking in the background to make the flowers more juicy. Very strong, excellent throw. Interesting to smell how it’s aged.

Two hours: Way more fruity, but still very floral. And I can tell there’s musk in here too, but everything’s aged and blended together so beautifully that I count myself lucky to have found this.

Five hours: Sudden green tea and pomegranate throw. Interesting. I didn’t think this was strong enough to throw a yard from my covered wrists, but I guess I’m wrong.

Seven hours: I was convinced my cubiclemate had brewed a cup of green tea. I was wrong. The smell is exactly like sticking my nose in my canister of green loose-leaf tea. Wow.

Overall: Seems more summery, and a little bit goes a long way with this, but oh my gosh is it ever beautiful. I can see this becoming a signature scent for me – until it runs out!

DISCLAIMER: Due to differences in skin chemistry, inherent olfactory powers, and other scents that an individual might use throughout the day (i.e. scented deodorants, shampoos, room sprays, cooking odors), these oils will smell different on every individual. This review is only intended to illustrate my personal experience wearing it throughout the day.

ITB: It certainly is tropical. There is an overarching ester tone to the scent which masks many of the individual notes save for the peony.

Wet: I get peony, jasmine, pineapple (although artificial), pepper, and a touch of ginger. It's still overtly ester-y, which I don't really enjoy.

Dry: After an hour, it's a combination of jasmine, peony, mango, white tea, and a subtle hint of ginger. It's much nicer once dried.

I am not sure what year my bottle is from, since it is brown and not cobalt. But I have had the bottle for 10 tot 12 years myself and bought it second- hand. So it has been aged for at least 10 to 12 years and up to 16 years. Because it has aged for so long my review will probably differ from the reviews made by others when the scent was new and fresh.

In the bottle I smell something sweet and fruity with something yucky (must be the jasmine).

Wet I smell the peony first and something peppery that is a little tingly almost to my nose, which must be the pink pepper. I also smell some of the jasmine, some fruityness, some muskyness and some spicyness, which must be the white ginger.

On dry-down the jasmine starts to get stronger.

Dry the scent seems to be a morpher. The jasmine has gotten a lot stronger to where it is as strong and present as the peony. The jasmine and peony are fighting about who is the strongest. Who is the strongest keeps changing, sometimes it is the peony, sometimes the jasmine, sometimes equal. The pink pepper is also strong still. The fruit is still there but more on the background compared to the florals and the pink pepper. It is hard to pick out the individual fruits. And how the fruits smell also keeps morphing. Some moments I can sortof pick out the pineapple and/or the mango, but perhaps I am only able to recognise that they are there because I know they are there. The spicyness of the white ginger is still present and a little musk as well, though the musk is harder te pick out. The serene white tea I can't make out but it must be rounding the scent and making it a better whole. Later on, the jasmine backs down somewhat and the fruits are more present.

During wear this scent does really morph and has different stages, and not just in the beginning but though the whole wear. The scent throw is fairly strong and it will stay strong enough for at least 8 to 12 hours, possibly longer.  For me as a woman, while wearing it I felt feminine, confident, strong and positive.

Like all BPAL scents I feel this is great for all genders, nothing is masculine or feminine, it is whatever and however it makes you feel. In the same way all BPAL scents are also innocent and sensual at the same time because it depends on the wearers personality, mood and vibe. And it is suitable for all ages (most BPAL scents are in my opinion, perhaps only the ones with alcoholic notes and tobacco/smoke notes are not).