Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Scylla

Mi-Go Brain Canister

In an effort to create a pleasing environment during a surprise trip to Yuggoth, we have created a soothing yet stimulating blend of pink pepper, peony, jasmine, mango, kiwi, pomegranate, pineapple, white ginger, serene white tea and light musks. Bon voyage!

My precious Brains, how I love thee!

Mi-Go Brain Canister is kind of non-descript in the bottle, but once it hits my skin, it screams FLOWERS. Of course, being pollen-phobic, I scream "oh hell no, bitch!" After a while, the jasmine and peony back off a bit (probably because I'm threatening them with imminent destruction if they ruin this scent for me), and I can smell the pepper down at the very base of the scent, and suddenly, out of nowhere, comes the fruits! KIWI! MANGO! POMEGRANATE! PINEAPPLE! Sweet! It goes back and forth for a while until there's a quiet negotiation for the cessation of hostilities between the fruit and the flowers, and a triumvirate is formed to belie the evil of the jasmine and peony and end the war.

My arm is a warzone. Sheesh. But at least the end result is worth it. :P

In the bottle it smells like bubble gum. My husband sniffed the bottle and pronounced it grape. On my skin it turned to a very light floral. Not overpowering, just pleasant. I'm not good at picking out fragrance notes, but I can definitely smell the peony.

Overall opinion; it's lovely. I'm glad I picked it up.

First off, it's all fruity! Super fruit, mango and kiwi, and something more like honeydew melon. I can smell the tea in the background. I think the pink peppery note tingles my nose. As it fades down, I get a whiff of florals. Peony, I think, mixed with the fruits. I can smell the pineapple more.

It is a zesty, zippy scent.

I ordered this scent because, well, who could resist such an awesome concept? And that it came with a little sticky brain makes it even neater. But I was really really scared about the jasmine in the blend. Jasmine does bad things on my skin and has ruined many a blend for me; I am hoping it doesn't ruin Mi-go.

In the bottle: Spicy 'n sweet.

Skin: Wet. There it is, the jasmine monster. At first, it is all I can smell.

Skin: Dry. Eventually the fruit notes emerge and balance things out! I don't really smell the musk at first and the pink pepper is among the missing as well. Oh well, it's still wonderful.

I feel like this would be the perfect blend for a hot, sunny, summer day. The fruit makes the blend cool and light. I think a cooling parfum spray is in the works!

Edited by tropicalstorm

Mi Go, I wanted to love you. I ordered a few bottles, because I knew that I would. Sadly, I don't. The floral notes overwhelm the lovely fruity notes.

I shall spurn you for Tulzscha instead. Take that!

I absolutely love Mi-Go Brain Canister and I can't wait for someone to ask me "What perfume are you wearing?"

Out of the bottle and when just applied, I get an odd, "off" note that reminds me of a specific off note that I get from Machu Picchu. But unlike the note in that blend, this fades away within a minute, so I am happy to stick it out. (I'm just one of those people who can't make it through say, a 10 minute dry down of something I don't care for.) Then Mi-Go becomes very bright, sweet and fruity, but morphs into a very well-balanced melange of lightly spiced florals and tropical fruits within 30 minutes or so. It pretty much remains that way for me until it's faded about 3 1/2 or 4 hours after application... re-slathering is fun. I'm probably going to make a little parfum spray soon and see how that affects its longevity, just for the sake of science and whatnot.

This is really a gorgeous blend - even though I am kicking myself for reading "The Whisperer in Darkness" last week in anticipation and thoroughly freaking myself out. Hope the next Arkham line with include Mi-Go Repellent to keep away those creepy crustaceans from outer space...

Initial Sniff: The first time I open the bottle for a whiff, i think it is super fruity. The second time I can barely catch the fruits and it is super floral. Crazy brain fluid!

Wearing: Holy mango! this goes on in super-fruity mode. After a few minutes, the florals creep in along with the spice. This vacillates between spicy-fruity and spicy-floral for a while, then the fruit loses the battle and the florals conquer all. This has completely vanished in about 45 min. - 1 hr.

Final Impressions: This is pink, sloshy, stimulating, and calming. Truly a work of art! (and the small squooshy brain? Awesome!!)

Tart, tropical, and almost effervescent. Mi-Go started out kind of frighteningly floral on my skin, but then the kiwi comes out, and all is well. I can't identify specific notes other than the kiwi and some floweryness, but tart, tropical, and effervescent describes it. It's summery and peppy, and while it's not as "me" as, say, Miskatonic University is, I think I'll be hanging onto and enjoying this oil. Plus, who can resist squishy, mi-go brains? :P

I'm afraid that ordering Mi-Go was due to selective reading on my part. I mean that I was lured in by the description of all those lovely fruits, ginger, tea and musks, and completely refused to see and/or acknowledge that there were florals in there as well that might not work with my skin.

Alas, my wrist now smells of generic perfume where I applied Mi-Go. And it is so GOD DAMN beautiful in the bottle. It is fruity, invigorating but not like a kick in the arse that mint usually is, but more like a brisk walk. Fruity, but with depth to it from other notes, that I can't possibly identify. It could have been the ultimate fruity but yet mature scent. It is absolutely gorgeous in the bottle, and perfect for summer.

This one is going in the oil burner, but it really doesn't deserve it. Maybe I'll invest in that scent locket after all.

When I first sniffed it in the bottle, someting grossed me out - something sharp that reminded me of bad breath! I didn't know what to think but took a chance and slathered some on and thank goodness I did, because this one is fruitydelicious!! Perfect for summer, and it amazingly lifted my crappy mood in mere seconds. This one is pure joy mojo for me, and I plan to wear especially when I'm feeling cranky - you can't be cranky and be wearing this! I adore it, and am stoked to have another bottle from a swap on its way to me. I haven't found something fruity that I love since Red Moon, so what a relief. And I LOVE slathering this one!! Delish!!!

First sniff: Fruity brains! A very wet fruitiness, almost gummi-scented.

Wearing: Mi-Go is a different sort of fruit than I’m used to. It’s more restrained than berry, definitely not citrus, not too sweet – it’s soft and subtle. I like muchly.

Straight off, I smells a light, dewy fruit with a bite of spice and florals lurking in the background. Kinda coloda-ish.

The ginger (and pepper?) grow in intensity, as do the florals...I can't identify the florals, but they seem...soapy...

Yeap, this turns to soap on me :P

These brains are indeed spicy...however, they are also, sadly, soapy on me :D

The little squishy brain is both creepy & awesome, but I really have no idea what to do with it so my cat doesn't eat it. I'll probably poke at it in the bag for a week or so before I forget about it. :P *poke*

In the bottle: First sniff is bubblegum, but there's something else there. It's fruits on top with florals blending in to the background, and an arid tang hidden deep down that I think is the tea & ginger.

First on: Pomegranate! Oh how I love you pomegranate! And kiwi. I generally don't like smelling like a fruit tart, but I don't mind this one so much because of my obsession with pomegranates (if only they were easier to eat).

Drydown: After about 15 minutes or so it definitely hits a soap phase. Usually Jasmine doesn't turn this soapy on me, so I wonder what it is. Granted I'm not quite sure what Peony smells like on it's own, so maybe that's it? After that, the tea comes out with a baby hint of ginger & pepper. Then it's pineapple. After about 30 minutes I think I've smelled everything, and then it's gone.

I'm still not sure if this is a keeper or not. I'll have to try it again.

First Impression: Watermelon Italian ice.

Second Impression: Ice cold fruit salad. There is no doubt about this being a perfect summer scent. I'm going to make a body spray to keep in the fridge for those meltingly hot Atlanta summer days.

Final Analysis: Cool, fruity and refreshing.

I feel compelled to say that, in my experience, brains (well, the animal ones I’ve been exposed to), smell nothing like this oil.

I’m rather lukewarm about this scent; it wavers in and out of hello mom’s perfume and mmm spicy/fruity/candy. The initial scent is really nice-smooth and fruity, vaguely reminiscent of a candy that I can’t summon the name of. After about fifteen minutes, everything else amps up and kicks the fruit waaaayy into the background.

It is a hostile takeover.

The peony (which I love in my garden) seems to be warring with the musk. The result is a very strong, stereotypical perfume floral that I just can’t like. I can’t find the jasmine at all.

I want to love this though, so I plan on trying again and again.

In the bottle this smells like honeydew melon mixed with kiwi and berries. It goes on light and fruity while retaining the melon and berry notes. A peppery note comes through very quickly which balances out the sweetness of the fruits. This has a similar quality to Pink Moon. It's very light, upbeat and happy. I'm really glad I got this and will enjoy wearing it in warm weather.

SQUEE. I'm so glad to finally have it in my possession!

In the bottle: Sweet and juicy.

Initial application: I smell kiwi first, and something a bit sugary, almost bubblegum.

Drydown: It's like a fruit parade... they come out one after another, peeking out - the pineapple, mango, the kiwi is back. I don't see to get too much of the pomegranate, except I guess that it just deepens and reinforces the sweetness. There's a definite tartness to it too, almost like sour candies. I'm not getting too much of the peony, but the jasmine is winding in and out in the background, and the pepper adds to the sharpness, so that it doesn't just slide into candy or jammy-ness.

Hooray for brains! :P

Mi-Go Brain Canister (& squishy brain toy, aw, thanks!)

Opens with a cold scent much like that of an empty metal container (the peony!) Accompanied by a fleshy fruit/melon wave, and then all the sparking synapses of ginger, mango and pink pepper.

Dries down to the scent of a cool summer evening. Perfect for watching lights in the sky.

Ah yum, THIS is what I wanted Pink Moon to be. Spicy and sweet and sexy...all right...... :P

Awesome fruit in the bottle, dries with a slight bit of floral but this is fruit and spice and I love it.

And the little brain made my little fellas day!

Mi-Go Brains.....Fruity. No, flowery....Someone said: Fleshy, yes, oddy enough I am getting that too.

I tried Mi-Go yesterday, didn't really like it, could not identify what I was smelling and knew I needed to wait another day! So many bpal scents are like that. If you don't like it today, smell it tomorrow.

I love it today - I guess I needed uncork it and let the little guy breathe - like a fine wine - it needed to exhale.....fruit hits me first today...melon, kiwi and I am also smelling juicy berries in there too. After it mellows the flowers peak through but on my skin - just barely...and so far no Pink Pepper and I *love* pink pepper...

The longer I wear Mi-Go Brain Cannister the more 'flesh' or pink notes I get - yes, fleshy-pink. It smells like I would imagine brains to smell like - only sweeter!

Eventually, Mi-Go Brain Cannister meanders into a remarkably calming, somehow shimmering flowery summer scent. :D

What an amazing olfactory experience this is!

And that squishy, very sticky brain is so cute! :P

Edited by fragrantgrasse

when I opened the bottle after allll this waiting I got: ew! yick! kitty litter!?!?!

I don't know what that was all about - probably some kind of combination of jasmine and ylang ylang going strange to me.

luckily, once I slathered it on I got pretty tropical fruits, lovely soft flowers, and a little bit of bubblegum. I put a LOT on and I feel like I can barely smell it but it's nice. I'm just not in love. I think I'll keep some and swap some...

and yes, it does smell very pink. soft and light, but pink pink pink!

I got my Mi-Go today, and opened it with excitement. I have been reading the reviews and hoping I would be blessed with the fruitiness, and avoid the dreaded jasmine.

But no such luck. When on, the fruits make a valiant effort to appear, but the jasmine takes over and crushes them to nothing. And the jasmine is strong on me, heavy and perfumy, and smells slightly off (as if they are just past their prime). No more fruits, no pepper, perhaps a hint of ginger, but really, just the jasmine, which hates or loves me depending on your view (hates, I think).

So I have finally learned my lesson: don't get anything with jasmine. And this one goes to the swap pile. :D

I did really like the brain though! :P

The above review could have been written by me. I had the same problem with Mi-Go. No fruit, all jasmine with a touch of ginger. Too much jasmine for me...........not able to wear it.

Although I liked this scent in the bottle, like several other reviewers I was hit with a *strong* jasmine and ylang-ylang when I initially put it on. I kept it on to see what happened on drydown, and while I did get a little bit of mingling into a delicate fruitiness, very soon the jasmine came back in spades and the overall lingering scent is of jasmine tea with a ginger undertone, any fruitiness having disappeared. I think I may need to swap this one.

This is a big heaping bowl of juicy tropical fruits. Only after an hour or so do the pepper and mild spices peek out a little bit.

This is a really fun, playful scent! :P :D

ETA: Mmmm, I've reapplied a little since it was starting to fade on me, and this time around the peony is very prominent, but it still has this wet juicy fruity smell and I am totally loving this. It takes me a long time to get through bottles, so I am glad I bought the one, but a teensy part of me wishes I had bought more. :D

Edited by gingersnapp