Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
viciousviolet

Sacred Whore of Babylon

An ancient formula that inspires unrepentant decadence, lechery and debauch.

Y'all are pretty convinced that there's gardenia in here. Gardenia is one white floral that is consistently good on me. This... isn't. So, if there is gardenia in here, there's also jasmine, or tuberose or ylang-ylang or some flower that reads as cloying on my skin. There may be some brown sugar or molasses and spices from a souk somewhere wafting in on the breeze.

After an hour, this was finally a scent I was comfortable wearing, a kind of sweet vanilla floral with a touch of spice. I'm delighted I got to try it for the name alone, but I'm going to pass this along to someone whose skin chemistry will love it wet and dry.

In the imp: deep and resinous. Pretty sure I get amber and maybe some myrrh. I think red musk as well, there's that smooth almost fruity musk thing going on. 

Wet: heady floral. Pretty sure it is gardenia. Blending well with the deep resinous situation underneath. Something spicy as well. 

Dry: Pretty much the same as wet. A decadent fruity, spicy, floral incense. Sweeter than wet. Very mysterious and alluring. 

Don't know what i was expecting, but it's not this - a spicy white/pastel something floral with an extra sweetness i can't put my finger on. (Honey? Something creamy? Another bright floral perhaps)? Nice, but completely dissapears on my skin..