Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Thorne

Two, Five & Seven

A huge bouquet of squished rose petals: Bulgarian rose, Somalian rose, Turkish rose, Damascus rose, red and white rose, tea rose, wine rose, shrub roses, rose, rose, rose…

…and just an itty bitty bit of green grass.

Bottle (Imp): Hmmm, roses?

Just On: Yeah, I think roses.

An hour or two later: Uh oh. A hint of soap.

Around 6 hours: Wellll, it looks like my skin ruins yet another scent.

12 hours: Sharp soapy scent.

Overall: If it weren't for my skin ruining it, it would probably be a perfectly gorgeous scent.

After reading other reviews: I shoulda known it wouldn't work, but in my quest to try them all, I got it anyway. Plus, since TLF and Wildfire turned me ass over teakettle in shock, it was worth a shot.

Two, Five & Seven is like a greener version of Persephone to me. The roses are lush and bright, but instead of Persephone's pomegranate, that "itty bitty bit" of green grass is what makes Two, Five & Seven it's own. Very pretty and very fresh, but maybe a little too real -- this scent makes me want to sneeze a little! :P A nice blend, but I would personally pick Persephone over this one.

in the bottle: roses.

wet on skin: Unfortunately, my skin is really amping the green grass scent and that's not something I really like. The scent of grass makes me sense horribly. :/

dry: I managed to last through the dry down, to see if the grass note goes away, but my skin just keeps throwing it at me. This is very sad, as I love rose scents and really wanted to find something that would be a good alternative to the discontinued Rose Red.

Vial: Rosey & somewhat fruity.

Wet: Rosey & still fruity. Morphed into ROSES with a slight fruity smell. There was scrubbing soon afterwards.

My skin amps up rose notes like you can't believe, but I was still curious about Two, Five, and Seven enough to try it.

this smells almost exactly like persephone on me. slightly more rosey than pomegranate, but not much difference... I also get the same kind of bon vivant champagne note. no grass (I associate grass smells with scents like rosalind) but it's lovely, very sweet and girly and yummy and light. however, I recently sniffed othello and love the musky, spicy roses of that scent more than this sunshiney one :P

Wet it starts with a green note over all the fresh cut roses.

This is not the scent you get from a ripe blood-red rose, it's the scent of a garden full of rosebushes.

Very fresh, goes a bit deep as it dries down.

A fresh floral perfume, perfect if you like rose blends but you find them a bit strong to wear in the hot weather. :P

Boozey! Or boozy, depending on which way you might spell it, but this creation smells like booze on me like no other. I can barely smell the rose beneath that overdominant smell on my skin, which is unfortunate, since I do love roses, and all the different varieties. :D It doesn't smell like wine or liquor exactly, but more like beer, after it's been spilled on your clothing and has set in the fabric.

The boozey scent isn't altogether bad or anything, but not one for me.

I agree with the above review. On me, the roses smell like they are alcoholics :P This is not a bad smell--just an odd smell. First, it starts out medicinal, then, it goes alcoholic, and then it goes to nothing. This is not a bad product for me, just not an impressive one.

Update: after 4 hours, the alcholic smell goes rancid and I start to smell musty. I definitely can't wear this fragrance.

Edited by Bett1e

i really love this one. it is very wet, almost like crushed rose petals ground with sugar. it is almost fruity, like a tropical fruit, and wet and lush smelling. i would highly reccomend it for those looking for a sweet rose red. i do agree with some of the comparisons to persephone, but i get more rose than fruit.

overall, im happy i bought a big bottle unsniffed. i'll be making it into a spray soon so i can enjoy it more often.

From the bottle:

roses. but not typical roses. not as sweet. but still nice. maybe its the grass smell im smelling?

On me: oi! this one is sweet. a little too sweet. very very dried flower smell. and light powder. there's roses in here, but im not 100% sure on what kind. tea roses, and who knows what else. i hope it dies down a little.

Two hours later: ok, it's been 20 minutes. i can't keep it on any longer. this one doesn't agree with which is sad, because i love roses.

I love roses in the garden but only a few scents in bottles can make the cut with me...too many just give me a headache.

At first, this comes closest to Rose Red for being a fresh from the garden rose scent to me...and when applied it really turns into a wild rose rodeo! I can actually see them in my mind, pink and red and white and yellow, like I'm flipping through a rosebush catalog and looking at all of the names and the colors. Nice! Definitely a touch of greenery as well, though not as sharp and pungent as Rose Red was.

Strangely, it goes a bit winey on me. Roses can do that too from time to time when I try them out...they turn to an almost sour wine for a bit before they fade. And yes I do get a bit of a rose headache but it's not as bad as some of the other ones I've had.

I think this is a rose scent I could wear if I was going to be spending a lot of time outdoors so it would disperse around me nicely and not become too overpowering. That's the odd thing about florals scents -- when they work on me (rarely) it's invariably only when I wear them outside, and the fresh air does something to them that my skin can't do on its own. I will probably keep this around so I have some roses in reserve if I need them.

This was a lovely frimp from Finny. :P

I haven't tried Persephone so I can't compare. On me, this smelled like a ton of roses and juicy pear, except that sometimes, the smell of roses makes my stomach feel queasy (I've had this happen with rosewater). I really liked whichever note had what smelled like juicy pear, but the scent eventually morphed to something resembling a scented dryer sheet, so I won't be buying a big bottle, although this was fun to try.

Edited by Silverstrike

This was an unexpected frimp in an order off Thorne on another board we post at. Warning: Rampant Ren Fest nostalgia lies ahead.

Vial: Rose lying under a sharp green scent.

Wrist: Green is gone, now it's just ROSE...but not the same "pure rose" oil I'm familiar with, that they dab the leather roses with at the Ren Fest to make them smell like something other than cow hide. This is more of a dried-opening-night-bouquet kind of rose.

Drying: Do I detect a faint bubblegummy note?

Dried: Okay, this is really interesting. It smells just like the Sunshine bath crystals from the Global Scent Company. I don't know about the other Faires around the country, but Global Scent always sets up shop at the AZ Ren Fest every year, and my first year there I actually bought a vial of those crystals for the express purpose of sniffing them. I had no idea there was any sort of rose element to them--I couldn't describe the smell, I just knew I liked it.

So, in essence, it became soap, but that's not a bad thing in my case, because it was a soap attached to a comforting adolescent memory. Jury's still out on a 5ml, though.

Edited by Empress Dark

Another fabulous rose scent, hooray! :D

This starts out very rosey and very green. The green fades quite quickly and I'm left with a bouquet of fabulous red roses. It's not just rose though because bubbling up from underneath the flowers comes an almost boozey smell, like fortified red wine. Two, Five and Seven is roses and sangria, light on the fruit and if there weren't already a scent called Madrid, this would be perfect. :P

A great scent for someone who liked London but wants something a little loopier.

This is the first real rose scent I've tried (I'm not much of a floral gal). It does smell like real roses to me. Walking through the Rose Garden sticking my face into every blossom that I can reach - all colors, all very different aromas (amazing that roses can smell so different!). I wonder if I visit now, if I can find the one that smells like 2, 5, and 7?

3 hours now, still going strong, and no soap or powder that some others have gotten. Just a big rose corsage. Lovely.

Sweet sugary roses....many,many types and varieties of roses with just a hint of some sort of booziness.

Seeing as I adore rose scents and they work divinely with my chemistry, this blend is just awesome for me.

After drydown the rosey creation turns slightly sweeter and red winey...ah, that's what that

booziness was :P

2,5,7 is a scrumptious and gorgeous blend....beautiful and most def a big bottle order for me :D

Two, Five & Seven

in vial: fresh cut roses

wet: same

dry: roses, roses, roses...lots of 'em...lasts about 6 hours

verdict: lovely...goes on my big bottle wishlist

This one is the first one I've purchased--my girlfriend loved it! It's very sweet, VERY rose. She wasn't sure about it initially (there was a lot of the 'green grass' smell from the bottle) but it appeared to settle very nicely.

I agree with Kittyflop regarding Two,Five,Seven- fresh rose garden. As it continues to dry out it seems to mimic the actual life of some roses: growth, bloom, cut for a bouquet, enfleuraged & finally decanted for linens or a brooch.

Wearing this ended up becoming too heady on me, but I can think of a million uses for it otherwise. I can see this as a candle, lightly on a silk rose arrangement and even in a rose lasse if prepared correctly. Mmmm, yogurt milkshake... :P

And yes, overall lovely.

In the bottle: tea roses on the bush, I get the bloom and a touch of green, and sweet, true and lovely they are!

Dry: Same. Very nice if you love rose.

I haven't been doing so well with rose or floral blends lately, so I was hesitant to even try Two, Five & Seven. I thought that this would be another one that doesn't work on me as it smelled way too strong and perfumey when first applied. Then it started to smell more lush and green after a few minutes. Like sweet green grasses and wet green stalks.

For a while the grassy scent is dominant and I *love* it. It keeps the roses settled down and in check. Then the green goes away and the roses start to come back. I kept waiting for this to go soapy or powdery or perfumey. I was pleasantly surprised when the roses stayed light and lovely. Light and sugary sweet. Like roses that have been dusted with powdered sugar.

This is a rose blend that I can actually wear :P and I am contemplating an order of a full bottle.

This is quite medicinal and green in the bottle. However, directly upon application and on the skin it becomes exactly what it says it is - a huge bouquet of every different kind of rose you can imagine. It is like walking around a rose garden, complete with the scent of the green grass. Lovely, fresh and immensely wearable rose scent.

Wet, this is very winey and fruity with just a hint of rose. The rose comes out more as it dries, but it's still very fruity and winey. It smells a lot like Blood Rose on me, only lighter.

I'll use up my 5ml, and happily, but I don't need two boozy, fruity, winey rose scents and I like Blood Rose better.

Ugh. I had such high hopes for Two, Five, and Seven, but in the imp, it didn't smell like roses, and later, as it dried on my skin, it came out, but with this boozy note. I smell like a frat carpet where someone brought rose-flavored beer.

Off to swaps.

I love how this sounded from the description and bought an imp because I covet *all* the Mad Tea Party oils.

In the imp, this smells amazing. Roses...with a bite.

Wet: Ooh. Roses are there...but there's a sour, acrid smell now.

Dry down: Eew. No more roses. Now it's cat pee. Blah. Stupid chemistry.

Later: MORE CAT PEE. Urg.

I had to wash this off :P