Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

She is the Goddess of the Sky, one of the Ennead, daughter of the air [shu] and water [Tefnut], lover of Geb and Hadit, the Eternal Mother, and the Receiver, Reviver and Protector of the Dead, whose loving, divine embrace shields our souls from annihilation. She is love, rapture, splendor, continuous and eternal birth and rebirth, infinite space, and the “the naked brilliance of the voluptuous night”. Nuit is Earth’s guardian, and shields her lover and her mortal children from the primeval chaos that threatens Existence. Her perfume is starry and crystalline, a jewel-clad and glittering paean to night: dazzling white musks, white rose and night-blooming jasmine with the soft moss of moonlit meadows, a waft of Egyptian incense, and a gentle breath of moonflower.

This is a very elegant, sophisticated, white flower scent that has a real 1940s feel to me. I can imagine it on an heiress clad entirely in Dior's New Look and staying in a suite at the Plaza. The flowers in it are very nicely backed with the incense and musk (so white musk I can wear, that is good to know). It also reminds me of Midnight, though it is a little more "forward" and the rose gives Nuit more sweetness than Midnight has. It is the same white rose I liked in Penthus.

I bought this bottle blind. But this was before I finally realized that rose was my nemesis. But as lovely as this blend is, this one smelled like commercial perfumes on me and I am looking for the exotic. So up for swap it goes.

In the Bottle: Smells floral and a bit mossy.

On Skin: Smells very clean. Like clean linen. I can smell some of the jasmine right now. This is a very delicate scent. But underneath I can still catch whiffs of Egyptian incense. Lovely contrast.

On Drydown: Still clean. Still pretty. Still delicate.

Verdict: I'm keeping this scent. Oddly enough, this sort of smells like how I wanted the White Rabbit to smell. Chalk it up to body chemisty.

Bottle (Imp): This smells very smooth. It's so well blended I can't pick out any notes.

Just On: Okay, I'm getting some flowers here.

An hour or two later: Pretty smooth, and there is a hint of soap, so there must be a flower my skin hates in here. It's still rather pleasant though.

Around 6 hours: The soap fades away, and very shortly thereafter, the rest of it goes with.

12 hours: Well, of course it stayed gone.

Overall: It's beautiful in the imp, and my skin turns it to soapy yuckiness.

After reading other reviews: I'm starting to think that jasmine just doesn't get along with my skin.

First Impression: Glorious night-blooming bouquet.

Second Impression: Nuit starts off heady and hot summer night sultry. The night-blooming jasmine and moonflower make for a very sexy blend. If this smells good wet, the drydown is knock-down, drag-out gorgeous. The flowers smooth out and the white musk and incense turn this into a mysterious and ultra-sensual perfume experience.

Final Analysis: I was shocked to see that I hadn't reviewed this as as soon as wore it for the first time, it shot up into my top five. The perfect sexy summer night scent. Exquisitely addictive.

A hazy, soporific jasmine brushed with dewy grasses and night air. This is a purple-flowered garden at midnight at the cusp of winter. Wonderfully evocative :D

An Eiluned would love it :P

Nuit is a class act. A heady sophisticated perfume suitable for times when you when you want to be both sexy, and respectable. Some people have suggested Nuit smells like a "1940s" scent. I feel its a bit more modern, I can see "ladies who lunch" wearing it (and then nabbing the cabana boy after lunch!)

Its very floral, a blast of jasmine tempered with musk which blends into something strong,secure and wonderful. To me it says "I'm beautiful, don't mess with me or else........." Almost haughty. Definitely not a scent for wallflower types, expect to be noticed. My only beef is that on me it wasn't real long lasting, about 3 hours was the most I could detect without a touch up, but I guess wearing Nuit I could pretty much accomplish anything I wanted in 3 hours!

First sniff: Many different kinds of soft spring flowers… at twilight, when all the colours wash out and they become the same shade of pale.

Wearing: SO very floral, and slightly powdery – here’s hoping that slightly doesn’t go more pronounced as it dries. It’s a me sort of floral, not too girly, and it’s much less pale on my skin than in the bottle. I can pick out rose and jasmine, but they’re not screaming at me.

in the imp: sweetly floral with a hint of musk

wet: jasmine and rose are in the foreground and the musk is stronger

dry: the musk is dominant with a hint of sweetness

This was a freebie from the lab, and I likely wouldn't have tried it on my own since musks don't work really well on me (not to mention I'm a little leery of jasmine after I tried "Wicked") but I really like this. It's very feminine and soothing. I wore some to bed last night and had lovely dreams. This is a winner. :P

This is a sweet (but not heady or suffocating) floral-musk blend on me. To my nose, it is *very* similar to Terra Nova China Rain. The scent seems to stay about the same from application to drydown -- unusual for a BPAL. It's a just-showered, fresh, soapy type of floral. A leeetle bit too floral for me, alas.

Edited by parrot_suspect

I knew that I would hate Nuit just by reading the description. White florals, jasmine, and white musks are all great for giving me migraines. Still, I tried it on because sometimes jasmine blends do surprise me.

Nope. The jasmine is smoky/screeching and overwhelming... the musk is perfumey... the white rose is going soapy. And they're all fighting with each other to make their awful presence known :P. This reminds me of some awful Dior perfume I had once that I can't place at the moment. Very department store perfumey.

If you like white florals, perfumey musks, or jasmine, you would probably like this. Definitely not for me though... everything that could go wrong here, does, lol.

In the bottle:

Jasmine - but a slightly airier Jasmine than usual

On me:

At first, this is all jasmine. It's just about all I'm getting. I'm not normally a fan of jasmine, even though I think it can smell pretty - it's just too floral for my tastes. There's another floral peeking up in there and I think that must be the moonflower. I don't neccessarily recognize it, but I know it's not the jasmine. Woah now, what is that? There is a bitter smell creeping up now. It must be the "incense" note, though it doesn't smell like anything I'm familiar with. It's bitter that's for sure. Now it's fading a bit, but it's still present. It's not awful at all, just took me by surprise. So far this is very floral with a slight incensy note.

This is really all I'm getting from this particular scent really, it's floral with incense.

Final note:

Wish I had more to say about this one, but I just didn't get much else from it!

The overall feeling I get from this blend is "elegant". I feel ridiculous trying it out wearing my weekend sweats. This perfume demands immaculate, feminine clothes and sleek shiny hair. It demands a mysterious encounter and an evening stroll through a lush courtyard.

This is jasmine tempered by a touch of rose, and as it dries it melds beautifully into the light musk. I don't get the insence very strongly, but I suspect it's adding a bit of warmth and keeping the floral edge slightly blunted.

This is a beautiful blend, but I don't know that I would need a bottle. It's definately an "older" scent to me, and I don't think I feel this elegant and womanly often enough to justify more than an imp.

I learned from The Ghost that light floral blends do not appear to work on me. I need richness and depth or it just goes to soap on me.

I got Nuit as a frimp in my first imp batch from the Lab and I am pleasantly surprised. I read the description and felt it could go light floral, which would be a shame. I am in love with Baghdad, and feel definite warmth toward Cairo, and I like the idea of continuing the trend of success I'm having with the Egyptian theme.

Nuit soothed my worries rather quickly. Scent in the bottle was like a spray of rich, yet light, flowers atop a fresh chest of dark wood. Not a cedar, but not as rich as many sandalwood-type scents. The musk was light, yet firm. I put it on and again smelled the floral, getting nervous.

It quickly dried on me, the richness of the musk keeping the florals from going to soap. It hovered closer to powdery after several hours, but never once tilted towards the dreaded soap. Seven hours later, there's still the faintest hint of musk. This is definitely a like after a first wearing. Time will tell if it goes to love or not.

This was love-at-first-sniff with me. I get a sexy, musky white floral scent from this...it is pretty much the same on the skin as it is in the imp. Which is fine by me because it is lovely in the imp! Definitely suited to wearing on a hot summer's night...it is hard to describe but it just smells sultry and elegant to me. I can't really pick one note out because it is blended so well, but the jasmine is particularly nice in this blend. Must buy bottle for sure! :P

Wet on me this was predominantly white florals, with a little greeness and a little pepper in the background. Dry on me it's quite a powdery sweet floral, with the moonflower being a little stronger than earlier. This is very much a grown up sophisticated woman scent, which isn't me at all.

Nuit evolved in a very interesting way on my skin. With most other floral blends, the "higher", freshest notes predominate during the wet stage, then die down and give way to a warmer, mellower scent.

With Nuit, it was the exact opposite: it started off quite warm and rich, all incense and moss, then progressively became cooler, crisper, more etheral, finally dried down to a cristalline white musk scent of absolute clarity. What a fascinating experience! It was like watching the night fall and staring at the pure, unpolluted sky studded with stars. Wow.

I did not even register the notes in themselves, not even how much I actually like Nuit as a perfume, because I was so mesmerized by the experience itself.

I saw a dress in a window display this morning that immediately reminded me of the Goddess Nuit: body-hugging, deep navy blue embroidered with gold and silver stars, it looked like something She may have worn. It would also go very well with Nuit the fragrance :P

Well this is just a whole lot of floral! It doesn't change much on me from wet to dry (except that it does become a bit powdery on drydown), so I'll just describe it in total as a fresh, brisk, floral. Very pretty, but not my type of scent. Unless they're in a vase on my desk, I like my flowers tempered with other notes. I will praise Nuit to the heavens, though, for being the first time jasmine and I have played well together!

I have been waiting so long to try this one, because…Nuit!

Wet - this is a gorgeous white floral. II am presuming that it is moonflower I am smelling, because it's not particularly familiar. Whatever it is, it's a lovely springtime scent.

Dry - White musk comes out as does the white rose. Unfortunately the rose goes a bit powdery on me. The powdery rose doesn't last too long, it is soon replaced by a more pleasant powdery floral that is is similair to Numb without the chill. This is quite nice and lasts a decent amount of time, but I doubt I will need more than an imp of it.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 3

Nuit is one of those BPAL blends that I don't wear every day but I'm so glad I have a bottle of it in my collection. To me, it's the smell of summer nights. The rose and jasmine and musk are enveloped in what smells like oakmoss. To my nose, it's like a cross between Moon Rose and Graveyard Dirt.

It makes me want to go for a drive through the woods with the windows down.

Bottle: Pure, light, sweet florals. I suppose that's the moonflower and moss talking. No incense as far as I can tell. Maybe a -wee- bit of musk, but 'white musk' always seems kind of fragile to me, and may not appear in the application.

Wet: Okay, there's the musk. Nnnh. My first impressions are more like 'storebought perfume' on this one. It kind of reminds me of something my grandmother used to wear (though I suppose it doesn't qualify as 'old lady-ish', it's just reminiscent of that.

Dry: The white musk has kind of taken over, and I can't say I really go for it. I know other people have occasionally complained about cat pee... this isn't cat pee, but I think it's /something/ pee. There's florals still going on, but there's a really obvious under-note of something distinctly animal and sour.

Final Opinion: Nnnrf. Not my bag, no. It might've been okay if it weren't for the white musk, or maybe there's some civet hiding in it, but... yergh. My skin does not go for this.

I am a newly converted musk lover and I love the moonflowers in my front garden...but I guess that is the only place I will smell them. My skin just amps up florals...they don't meld well with my skin and just smell flowery...I really wanted to love this one.

This goes on as a sharp floral and smells like department store perfume. It develops a powdery and incense note- it's a light incense though, not a heavy or exotic one. This doesn't change much more on me. It seems very elegant and for an older woman. This one's not really my style.

In bottle: I've smelled something like this before...a light floral; sweet and fresh smelling.

Wet: a very light floral. Sweet, but not too sweet. Something like a toned-down version of Queen Gertrude.

Dry: a lovely white floral. It reminds me of Eternal, as well. I really like the white florals, but not enough to buy the big bottles. They smell better in the bottle than they do on my skin.

In the Bottle: Jasmine and alcohol and pear like the pear in Endymion. There may not be pear in there but I smell it.

Dry: Basically the same, but a light fresh powdery musk comes out. VERY powderlike, more powdery than wearing powder, a very lovely powder Mom might put on when you are a child and she is preparing to go out for the evening. I also get a ton of that pear. Sweet, gentle, old fashioned smelling.