Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gemini noir

Pink Moon 2005

Pink Moon Limited Edition: A Little Lunacy

The name of this moon refers to the color of wild ground phlox, a primary component of this Lunacy Blend, which is one of the most widespread floral signposts of springtime in North America. This Lunar blend is soft with phlox, tulip, daffodil, dogwood and muscari, dusted with pink sugar and honey, and a touch of the first strawberries of the season.

In the bottle: pretty flowers.

Soon after application: It smells pink! :P

It's cheerful and sort of cottoncandyish and girly ...

I could smell the phlox (my mom grows a ton of phlox) and the pink sugar note most strongly ... definitely not too much strawberry, which is good, because I find single-note strawberry too sweet.

As time goes on: the cottoncandy aspect faded somewhat, and it deepened more ... bit like a darkening pink moon?

I saw it written and I saw it say

Pink moon is on its way

And none of you stand so tall

Pink moon gonna get you all

It's a pink moon

It's a pink, pink, pink, pink, pink moon.

- "Pink Moon," Nick Drake

Interesting ...

The cheery pink turns to a darker pink. Barbie goes on Prozac? Not that bleak, but it's very interesting how such a bubbly pink gets an edge to it ... A pretty floral, but with an undercurrent of something darker ...

Edited by Shollin

Thanks to a very dear friend who was at C11, I now have a bottle of Pink Moon.

I am KICKING myself for not ordering another bottle. :P

Pink! Pink sugar! Pink flowers!

In the bottle, it's a very floral scent, with a sparkling, glimmering edge to it, like the faintest dusting of sugary glitter.

Right after application: Wheeee, sugar! Mmmm, very, very sweet. Like a sugar syrup made with an infusion of all pink flowers. Have I mentioned that I love sweet, sugary scents? I do.

Dry-down: Not as flowery, but the sugar still has a definate pink tone to it, and the strawberries start peeking out. A bowl of fresh strawberries, dusted with sugar, served in antique china decorated with pink blossoms and black lace. In fact, Pink Moon makes me think of the china I collect.

My only regret about Pink Moon (besides not having a second, or even third bottle!), is that it's not a very long-lasting scent on me. It seems to vanish in about two hours, which means I'll need to re-apply.

Yeah, I'm going to be frantically searching for more of Pink Moon. :D

-Jilli

Wow, Pink Moon is very, very sweet, indeed!

I was sort of expecting it to smell fruity and berryish, but I'm not getting any stawberry at all! At first sniff I smell mostly light florals that I can't identify (maybe the phlox?), then the scent that seems to be the basis of many of the lunar oils, then the sugary note behind it. Then the sweet, syrupy sugar note takes over!

If Chaste Moon is a sweet 12 year old girl, then Pink Moon is her coquette-ish, bubble-gum cracking 15 year old sister. :P

I, too, think that I will be kicking myself that I only bought one bottle of Pink Moon.

The label is Pink. Give me a few minutes.......... :P

Ok.

Wet on, it is so sweet. Sweet florals, sweet musks, sweet fruits?

As it dries the florals take over, which is nice, 'cause candy sweet is never my thing.

After it dries, not much changes in this floral blend. Well balanced. I adore it

ETA: This 2 hours later, does what Kali does and morphs to a creamy cocoa note? odd

Edited by SoapyRN

in the bottle....cider???and something sweet intresting no one else gets cider

wet instantly the cider goes away when it hits my skin it becomes very very sweet i think i detect yalng ylang, something bubblegumish anyway.

as it dries it is indeed a pink smell, sweet, florally, smething fruity, but i don't immediately think strawberry unless i really concentrate on starwberry then i am like ohhh yeah. all in all very very pink. i have a dd who loves pink and this is earmarked for her

Pink Moon: this is totally spun-sugar candy bliss, with a floral depth that reminds me of Flavigny rose and violet pastilles. It doesn't work well on me, but it will be a stunner on those whose chemistry works well with ultra-sweet scents.

In the bottle

Light lushious strawberry, and something pink and sweet

On

Thank God I got more then one bottle.

Top note: Strawberry, in it's scrummiest state. Not fake, not green, and most important, not too sweet. Just what you'd want strawberry to smell like. There's also what seems to be brown sugar combined with the strawberry.

Middle notes: Florals

Bottom: Wood or wood smoke.

After a few minutes the smokiness is becoming stronger and the strawberry is not as primary. It kind of reminds me of mixing Sugar Skull with sweet strawberries and a bit more wood or smokiness added.

30 minutes

The strawberry note has come back but not as much as when wet (darn), however it's still yummy just more smokey and brown sugary primarily with the strawberry now becoming the bottom note.

Throw:

Light

Scent category:

Fruit/Floral

Summary

I did not expect this to be as good as it is. I also didn't think I was much of a strawberry lover. The woody brown sugar notes are much more primary as it dries but it's still lovely...just not that perfect strawberry scent, as when I first applied. Still, the lunacy "best of" breakdown is now like this for me:

#1 Blue Moon

#2 Red Moon

#3 Pink Moon

#4 Hunter moon

...all the rest of the lunacy blends.

Purchase again?

Yes. A 5 ml.

1-5 rating, 5 being best.

4 only because the initial scent faded a little.

In the bottle, Pink Moon was over-the-top sugary strawberry cotton candy, and I was a little hesitant to slather it on for testing purposes.

I shrugged my shoulders, decided to slather rather than dab, and was instantly delighted. Still sweet, and still strawberry, a gorgeous soft floral note popped right to the top and made this something entirely different than I had expected. Honey and tulip are easy to pick out, and they're really lovely.

Probably not something I will wear as often as the autumnal moons; Pink Moon is a little sweet for my tastes. Pink Moon feels new in a way I can't explain - it makes me want to take my daughter to Dallas next spring so we can walk through the Arboretum's spring bulb fantasy while sticky-fying ourselves with cotton candy and strawberry soda.

There's a sense of absolute joy and new beginning to Pink Moon that shouldn't be missed.

in the bottle: sweet happiness! faint strawberries and nothing else overwhelming

wet: yum. yum yum yum. .. I mean, strawberries, but yummy cooked in a tart sorts, not overly sickeningly sweet like Bon Vivant was.

drying/3 minutes: More promise now, I get touches of something else with each sniff...a hint of floral so very very faint I barely notice (me = hate florals) It's enough to add depth without overwhelming

dry/15 minutes: fades a lot of me... ack! a sweet touch of sugar, touch of strawberry, touch of floral. VERY nice blend without any one note standing up and screaming too much. Will test all-day tomorrow

:P

Oh, oh my. Sweet, very sweet without being sticky-sickeningly sweet. This does inded, evoke the very essence of pink, with a smattering of red in it.

The strong whiff of candied flowers and honey initially makes my head spin and my nose swoon, but it quickly gives way to a lovely complex floral, I can smell the daffodil! (my favorite) It is almost sharp, like the flowers are trying to burst through the sweet shell, but it remains perfectly balanced and absolutely amazing.

The final note that stays the longest is strawberry...wild strawberry.

This is by far my favorite Lunacy Blend and I am so glad I got more than one bottle of it.

Beth, you are a Goddess. :P

Pink Moon reminds me of a Pier 1 candle -- not sure which one, but it reminds me of one of the ones I've sniffed.

In the bottle, it's sweet and sugary floral with a slap of creamy soft undertone.

On my skin, hello floral! But it's not a bad kind of floral. The berries, honey, and sugar combine into something kind of, but not quite, plasticky, and it all kind of reminds me of something. I'm not sure what. A Strawberry Shortcake doll, maybe? It's something else besides the candle association -- something I know I should remember, but don't. It's also very... perfumey. In that traditional "I am floral, hear me roar" kind of a way, but not quite in the traditional mode, if you know what I mean?

Pink Moon, first sniff: strawberries and brown sugar...reminds me of the strawberries and cream and brown sugar they used to serve on May Day at my college.

The initial wet phase smells a lot like Sugar Skull with strawberries in it, and the strawberries smell nice and real....I quite like this part.

However, after that my skin morphs it into a pink cotton candy-frosted-sticky-strawberry-syrup-floral smell that's just too PINKSWEET! for me. People who like Sugar Skull, Bon Vivant, or candy smells in general will probably love it, though.

In the bottle: Pink sugar. The first thing I thought was: Pink Sugar Skull.

Wet: Pink sugary cotton candy. I love it in this stage. The florals are muted and it's very nice.

Drydown: And then the sugar goes away and the traditional lunar oils come out. Which is fine, because those usually work well on me. But the phlox comes out like no one's business and then I start smelling like grass for some reason and this is not working out well. :P

Final thoughts: It's definitely spring. I'm really hoping it was just a fluke and then if I try it again, I'll get more pink sugar florals instead of a bouquet for allergy sufferers. I didn't get the strawberry at all. :D

Edited by inkstone

Upon application, Pink Moon smells like a mix of florals that I can't pick out and something sugary and smoky underneath. It was a bit much when wet and gave me a bit of a headache BUT it dries down into something lovely. The best way that I can think of to describe is to relate to a childhood memory of the way that our house would smell a few hours after my mother would bake a strawberry shortcake. It's light and slightly smoky and creamy and the florals really back off and balance out with the other scents. It is quite nice, but not my favourite lunacy blend - that still belongs to Chaste Moon (the scent that I am allergic to but love it so much that I wear it anyway). I loves me some lunacy blends :P

ETA: I just found out that Pink Moon also smells AMAZING when mixed with Bath and Body Works Tutti Dolci moisturizer in the scent called "Angel Food Cake". I am sooooo in heaven.

Edited by L-z_Empress

Good heavens, it smells pink. :P

Mmm, this is fantastic, pink now has a scent. Light, creamy, strawberry, sugar, and light florals. It is so wonderful. As it dries the sweetness of the sugar and the strawberry soften the traditional lunar herbs and the flowers, into a heavenly pink scent. It is the scent of little girls playing dress-up in their momma's clothes and perfume.

Another winner. :D

Edited by Finny

In the bottle, this is definitely very, very sweet and pink. I get a light creaminess and a springy floral scent as well, but not much berry - maybe just a touch. The flowers are different, and as I said, very springy and happy - but they are a bit sharp to my nose in the bottle, and it made me nervous at first.

On my skin, the cream drops out, the florals kick up for a few minutes, and then the strawberry appears. This was a threatening transition for me, but it only lasted a few minutes. After that, it settled down into a very nice strawberry scent, sweet, but with a tartness that keeps it from being sickening. It has the happiness and effervescence of Bon Vivant. but without the weird headache-inducing plastic that that oil turned into on my skin. I'm still aware of the flowers, but they are much tamer and more agreeable.

In the end, I don't like it as much as I love Chaste Moon, but I do like it. I think it's a pretty, happy, hopeful spring scent, and I will be wearing it whenever I can tear myself away from Chaste Moon this spring. :P

Oh my, this is incredible!!

I don't like sweet scents normally, but the hint of strawberry makes this just fruity enough to override my general dislike of florals and sugary scents -- this is wonderful! So far I have not kept any of the Lunacy blends. I think I might try to hang on to most of this, though...it just brings a big smile to my face.

In the bottle this is very strong, and a little bit creamy or cidery -- I have to stop myself before I try to drink it. It's a raucous pink party with fizzy drinks and sticky treats. I want a big fat slice of strawberry pie. And I want to go to a carnival and stick my face in a big web of pink cotton candy. But this is a natural sweetness, not an artificial, candylike one, to me. I love when this happens, and a blend that doesn't have any notes in it that I normally like, somehow comes together into something marvellous! I can't pick out any of the flower notes, but it's like a garden party in the spring with strawberry tarts laid out on a picnic blanket and colorful flowers in bloom all around.

I honestly don't know that I'll wear it a whole lot, but it definitely brightens my mood to smell it. Maybe I will use some for a lotion, this would be fantastic for an after-bath lotion. I don't think I own any pink clothing that I could coordinate with a scent like this, though! This would be great with a Sweet Lolita (EGL) outfit though!

ETA: This was fading on my arm when I got home today and my bf said, "It smells like an ice cream store in here!" I always enjoy his impressions of what I'm wearing, I think that's pretty much on target!

Edited by sarada

Oooh! I found a runner-up for Red Moon finally! On me, Pink Moon is a slightly floral, sexy, candy smell...not sickeningly sweet or foody really, but it just makes me think candy. I can smell a hint of muguet and daffodil, but no strawberry. And it has a lunar undertone that's just slightly reminscent of Red Moon (although I wouldn't say it's really similar at all). I love it love it love it! It sort of reminds me of Yankee Candle, but in a good way, if that makes any sense at all. It is a fabulous spring/summer blend, I think I've found a new signature scent for this spring!!

Lunar oils don't work on me so you might want to just skip this review :P .

Pink Moon smells yummylicious in the bottle, pure pink sugar cotton candy. As soon as it hits my skin, the sugar vanishes. I'm left with a slightly bitter stawberry, more like the wild ones than the cultivated ones. It smells a little bubble gum-y with some spices in the background. It's ok but not great for about fifteen minutes, then the dirty diaper smell appears and it just gets worse from there. I'll spare you the details.

It sounds like the sugar stage lasts on others and this is one popular blend. Judging how quickly it was snapped up on the swap board (under a minute) I predict a very bright future for Pink Moon. I'm glad my cute little bottle is going off to someone who already knows she loves it :D .

Pink Moon = Happiness in Pink

I love Pink Moon! Initially, it was a pinkish cousin to Chaste Moon to my nose. Not quite as creamy, but there was something very similar there. I love the florals in this one. The phlox and dogwood are what seem most happy to me. When I was a wee wench we lived in a place for a couple of years that had several dogwood trees in the back of a monstrous backyard. When the petals would start falling from the blossoms, I was all over them. It carpeted the back corner of the yard and I loved it. Pink Moon brings back a little of that childhood memory; makes me happy for it too. :P

The berry and honey comes out a peep near the dry down, leaving it a soft, cool floral scent. It's all together lovely and pleasing. It doesn't have the best staying power, but if I keep buying lunacy blends-all the better to slather them by! :D

What a beautiful scent!

In the bottle, it smells like flowers in spring and light candy.

On my skin, it turns into a very delicate, very warm sweetness. It's like the scent is being spun around you. Every time I turn my head, I smell something yummy and wonder, "What is that?". Oh. It's me. :D :P

This is definitely a happy scent that brings back fond memories.

I have to admit that seeing pink sugar in the description swayed me 100%; I am addicted to Aquolina's Pink Sugar perfume.

Pink Moon is nothing like it, however.

It is sweet, but not the same sugar cone sweet. The floral notes and hint of berry make this a far more grown up version of Pink Sugar, and a great counterpart to Chaste Moon.

(One for day, one for night :P)

I love this scent!

Lots of pink sugar, this smelled like cotton candy in the bottle and while it was still wet on my skin. This softened into a soft floral for a bit and as it progressed the strawberry came in, making this just a little fruity. This was very pretty and sweet, a young girl on like a bright summer day in a field of wildflowers and strawberries. Not quite me however and my chemistry really sort of eats a lot of the notes I liked in it so off this one goes.

Initial Sniff: Oooh! Pink happy! Pink fluffy! Pink Creamy! (yes, I know this makes no sense, but it is what is going through my mind!) Delicate florals, wild strawberries, and a slosh of cream.

Wearing: This stays absolutely true to the bottle scent on my skin for the first hour or so. Then the lunar oils amp up a bit, but it remains a very pink scent. It does fade quicker than I would like.

Final Impressions: This is sitting in a field with a good friend on a warm spring night, during that period where the sun has not yet sunk, and the moon is large and round in the twilit sky. Between you on the fluffy blanket is a bowl mounded with soft whipped cream sprinkled with sugar and a basket of the sweetest wild strawberries you can imagine. This is all about warm-hearted laughter and nature's beauty. :P

In the bottle and freshly wet on the skin, this smells so awful to me, I can barely stand it. I almost put it up for sale without even trying it, because it made me almost gag when I first opened it.

But. I know I have to try the oil on to really know what it's like. So I held my breath and put a dab on my wrist. For a good ten minutes, it's still gag-inducing. I don't know what that initial scent is, but it smells like something died.

And then, it's like the heavens opened up, and Pink Moon appears. It's sugar sweet and berry-licious and creamy. It is strong after it settles into smelling pretty, and lasts for a good time, but I just don't know if I can deal with the horrific initial ten minutes with this oil. I'm going to try it again in a week or so and see what happens.