Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gemini noir

Pink Moon 2005

The name of this moon refers to the color of wild ground phlox, a primary component of this Lunacy Blend, which is one of the most widespread floral signposts of springtime in North America. This Lunar blend is soft with phlox, tulip, daffodil, dogwood and muscari, dusted with pink sugar, carnation and honey, and a touch of the first strawberries of the season.

Soft florals sweetened with honey and sugar and just the barest hint of strawberries. The sugar is pretty dominant and sometimes sugar can do two things on me. Sometimes it turns to brown sugar and other times it can smell like celery!! However, the sugar in Pink Moon '05 behaves and I believe it's because of the honey. This isn't that sweet on me thanks to the florals and the greenery of the strawberries. Overall just a beautiful girly soft blend.

Still not enough strawberry for me. :( Phlox, strawberries, sugar, yay! But then the honey does its powdery thing and stomps all over the prettiness.

This smells to me like easter candy. I have memories of a child of easter baskets and chocolates and flowers. I have no idea what note is triggering this. Strange. I'm not sure I'm keeping it. It is well done but too nostalgic I think for me to wear.

on me it is pure strawberries and allover over Peony :heart:

Edited by lunaticana

So I finally brought myself to use my half imp I've been too scared to touch...and I thought...right..just gonna put the whole lot on and wear the hell out of this baby!

So..my initial reaction is..HONEY! I can really smell honey and pink sugar. This is yum. I can't say thay I've ever smelled Phlox but there are some sweet florals flying around here which compliment the rest of the blend oh so nicely. This is kind of like my beloved most favourtie BPAL blend Pink Phoenix, but where PP is alot more doll-like and plasicy (in a good way) this is just so much more sweet and sugary.

I LOVE IT!! And will probably never get to smell it again so and going to spend today sniffing my wrists and wafting around the house.

:)

I am very perplexed reading these reviews, because my experience with this fragrance is completely different! While I am new to BPAL, I am not new to fragrance in general. I'm wondering, since this is the first Lunacy blend I have tried whether these other reviews are putting this scent in the context of a Lunacy blend, for which, I have no comparison.

I bought my bottle new from the lab off of Etsy, so this isn't a review for an aged scent ;)

First Impression:

When this first arrived, for about a week, when sniffed from the bottle, it was a dead ringer for strawberry amoxicilin. Then, when I put it on, it kept flipping between strawberry amoxicillin, that florist shop lilly smell that smells like stems that have been in water a bit too long, powder and carnation. The florals were very strong and very sharp and this was definitely medicinal on me. No fun, pink, girly, fresh strawberry, doll scent, etc as I see others were getting and as I had hoped for! This was a very grown up, syrupy "womanly" scent with the other notes weaving in and out, something that doesn't suit me. After several hours, it faded to a sweet true honey scent.

After A Month:

I hung on to this to see what would happen because I really am hoping to get some of what others are describing out of it.

Sniffing from the bottle I now get less Amoxicillin and more Aquanet. It has mellowed out, which is great. When I apply it, the Aquanet instantly lifts, woohoo! I am not getting that sharp, bitter, beginning to rot lilly floral coming up front any more.

I still don't smell fresh strawberries or the cream others describe but there is a verrrry light hint of that strawberry amoxicillin type strawberry minus the medicine. I know that doesn't make much sense, so let me try to explain. While I see others smelling fresh strawberries and or cream, on me, this doesn't read as distinctly strawberry or cream but rather, I smell a smooth note that smells kind of like a strawberries and cream hard candy. Smooth and mildly artificial strawberries and cream. I wouldn't sniff this and say this is a strawberry or creamy scent. But it has turned out to be a smooth scent.

The florals have mercifully taken a back seat to the smooth sweetness, but there is sometimes a slightly bitter edge peeking out. I'm guessing that's the lilly again, but it's much, much less pronounced than it was when I first got the bottle. The over the top, cloying syrupy sweetness has toned down a ton. The powder has toned just slightly. It still fades to a nice honey sweetness after a few hours. Curious to see how this will age further.

I'm still not getting playful, dolls, little girl perfume, bowl of fresh strawberries, caramel, cotton candy or bubblegum here. It's more a sweet, mellow floral that eventually turns to sweet honey on me.

Edited by Cake10

♔ Pink Moon 2005

In the Bottle: Creamy, sugared and pink phlox, with light floral honey and gently ripened strawberries. A little spicy and matured..or fermented.

Wet: This is such a feminine pink floral, it’s soft and juice and very pink, but softly so. It is quite sweet and gentle, but also has a great depth to it. I’m surprised! There is a bit of fruitiness to this that balances this vanillic pink floral into a juicier fruity floral. It reminds me a little of the pink floral sweetness and creaminess I get from Lady in Pink Speckled Kimono. It’s just gorgeous!

Drydown: Powdered strawberry sweetened by honey and pink and white florals.

TL;DR: creamy, sugary, slightly spiced pink floral, hint of sun ripened strawberries, white floral honey.

Edited by celestia

Yup, pink. Beautiful strawberries in a field of fresh flowers. Perfect for springtime.