Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sihaya09

I want a BPAL that smells like Bath & Body Works...

New request: my favorite B&BW ever is the delicious and discontinued (and now priced higher than a bottle of BPAL) Sunset Mango from the awesome Temptations collection. Mango seems to be a pretty rare note here, but is there anything from BPAL that is very mango-y?

I find The Dodo to be verrrrrrry mango, but others in the review thread disagree...

Red musk, lemon peel, sugar cane, cassia, white sandalwood, mango, and agarwood.

It's just yummy.

Tzi

So while doing some browsing, I noticed a definite similarity between my current favorite BPAL and my forever favorite B&BW:

Tamora: Amber, heliotrope, peach blossom, vanilla bean, golden sandalwood

Bath and Body Works Secret Wonderland:

Top Notes: Luscious Strawberry, Wild Goji Berries, Ripe Raspberry

Mid Notes: Gardenia Petals, Jasmine, Peach Nectar

Base Notes: Coconut Musk, Creamy Vanilla, Sandalwood, White Amber

Totally necro-ing this thread but I've been on the look out for Black Chamomile.

It arrived in 2009 on the aromatherapy line but was discontinued until Holiday 2012. People re-sell the pillow mist and body wash for $50+ :evil: I would really love a BPAL or any other scent alternative as I'm running out of my BC lotion stockpile.

I'm a BPAL newbie with a shoddy sense of smell so I cannot discern anything. It's a unisex, comforting scent. One reviewer on amazon said they smelled coconut. Not sure. I typed up some stuff that's printed on the bottle. I've included a partial ingredients list of only scents that pertain to it. No need for all the chemical names with numbers.

"This limited edition formula is infused with bamboo charcoal extract to help detoxify overnight and chamomile essential oil to enhance sleep"

"Bitter Orange Peel extract, bergamot fruit oil, matricaria/german chamomile flower oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, spiraea ulmaria flower extract, melissa officinalis leaf extract, tilia cordata flower extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, calendula officinalis flower extract, cucumber fruit extract, basil flower/leaf extract, charcoal powder extract"

edit: tried going onto B&BW's website for the notes but although they list BC, it's not pulling up.

edit 2: Went on MUA. Seems like I'm not the only one on the hunt. A user suggested the coconut note might actually be fig, and suggested the discontinued Henri Bendel Wild Fig.

Edited by fluorescein

Just tested "Sed Non Satiata" tonight and it is very similar to B&BW's "Creamy Nutmeg"... even though no spices are listed it smells spiced and creamed in the same way that Creamy Nutmeg smells spiced and creamed.

Totally necro-ing this thread but I've been on the look out for Black Chamomile.

ME TOO! I have yet to find anything that smells even close to Black Chamomile. It's so wonderful.

ME TOO! I have yet to find anything that smells even close to Black Chamomile. It's so wonderful.

On MUA someone said Henri Bendel's Wild Fig is a wash for it. It's true. It's very similar but not an exact copy. It's a discontinued scent but they brought it back for the holidays. I got the trio rollerball set last month so I can confirm it's the same BC smell. The HB SA said they sometimes bring it back for the holidays but not a guarantee. As for BPAl substitute, I have no idea. I'm a month old newbie.

Bath & Body Works sold a lotion I loved for Halloween last year called Sinful Vanilla that I can't find this year. What I really want is a BPAL oil that smells like it, or close. Sinful Vanilla's listed notes are vanilla bean, whipped marshmallow, and vanilla cream, but I think I also smell a spicy musk in there. It reminds me of Calvin Klein's Obsession, which was my favourite mainstream perfume back when I could still wear it.

I finally found a BPAL that comes as close to Sinful Vanilla as I've ever found. It seems unlikely, but after Tezcatlipoca is fully dry, maybe about an hour after applying, it takes on that same spicy, musky, sweet combination. There's cocoa where there would be vanilla, so it's not a duplicate, but I get very much that same feel from it. Tezcatlipoca doesn't have the same throw and staying power as Sinful Vanilla, but the people within a twenty-foot radius of me probably appreciate that.

I don't suppose anyone has found BPALs that are similar to BBW's Twilight Woods for Men, or Ocean for Men? I might have managed to pull a sneaky bit of enabling with my fiance, as he's interested in old-fashioned shaving, and dragged me around the mall to help him find proper shaving soap and after-shave lotion, (success) and a shaving brush (failure) to go with the straight razor a friend recently gifted him. One of the places he decided to try out was the local BBW shop, and he relented to me testing a couple of the men's lotions on him. He was rather fond of both of those, and even seemed interested when I suggested looking at BPAL to find a scent for him, which shocked the heck out of me. His usual opinion of scented lotions and other such things is typically to crinkle his nose and mutter about "The smelly stuff." He doesn't dislike said "smelly stuff" on me, he just twitches at having it anywhere near him, most of the time. :lol:

The notes in Twilight Woods for Men are cedar, white pepper, musk, vetiver, spicy notes, while Ocean for Men is supposed to be Top fragrance notes: Bergamot, Armoise, Yuzu Zest, Elemi, Watermelon; Mid fragrance notes: Lavendin, Cypress, Nutmeg; Dry Notes: Orris, Olibanum, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Vetiver.

I've recently become obsessed with Bath & Body Works' Pumpkin Caramel Latte scent, and have been burning the candle (and using the hand soap), like crazy. I've been on the hunt for a perfume that smells similar (warm, creamy, caramel-y, rich, sweet but not overly sugary) but can't seem to find anything like it. I've never tried any BPAL scents before, so any recommendations are welcome (: Please limit the extremely hard to find scents--I'd like to be able to order imps of them from the website, or find them fairly easily.

Thanks!

Not sure how hard it is to find, but Pumpkin Latte sounds like it could be right up your alley.

Perhaps try Dark Pumpkin Mead from this years Weenies

it may be close, from the will call reviews

I read. I like the scent of soap from BBW that you are talking

about too. Their candles never work for me, I barely get

any scent out of them in my house they all ways seem

so weak.

Most of bpal's pumpkin and foodie scents have been limited editions. For scents in the GC that you can order imps of, these are the only pumpkins I can think of:

Jack (Bewitching Brews): "The scent of warm, glowing jack o'lanterns on a warm autumn night: true Halloween pumpkin, spiced with nutmeg, glowing peach and murky clove."

Dwarven Ale (RPG): "Brewed with fermented mushrooms, pumpkin rind, honey, and apple rootstock."

Jack might fit what you're looking for (I've gotten variations of Jack that were very sweet and buttery, but sometimes the peach is really strong), but Dwarven Ale has a weird, sour quality to it, in my opinion. It's definitely not as sweet and foodie smelling as Jack.

Pumpkin Latte was an LE that was available in 2010 and 2011, and I don't think it's too hard to find. I find bpal's Pumpkin Latte to be a lot spicier and more dry smelling than the Bath and Body Works scent, though.

Last year's pumpkin patch had a vanilla-pumpkin blend that smelled caramel-y to a lot of people (Pumpkin V from 2012). If you really want to avoid hunting down LEs, you might try layering Miskatonic U with Jack to see if it comes close.

I don't suppose anyone has found BPALs that are similar to BBW's Twilight Woods for Men, or Ocean for Men? I might have managed to pull a sneaky bit of enabling with my fiance, as he's interested in old-fashioned shaving, and dragged me around the mall to help him find proper shaving soap and after-shave lotion, (success) and a shaving brush (failure) to go with the straight razor a friend recently gifted him. One of the places he decided to try out was the local BBW shop, and he relented to me testing a couple of the men's lotions on him. He was rather fond of both of those, and even seemed interested when I suggested looking at BPAL to find a scent for him, which shocked the heck out of me. His usual opinion of scented lotions and other such things is typically to crinkle his nose and mutter about "The smelly stuff." He doesn't dislike said "smelly stuff" on me, he just twitches at having it anywhere near him, most of the time. :lol:

The notes in Twilight Woods for Men are cedar, white pepper, musk, vetiver, spicy notes, while Ocean for Men is supposed to be Top fragrance notes: Bergamot, Armoise, Yuzu Zest, Elemi, Watermelon; Mid fragrance notes: Lavendin, Cypress, Nutmeg; Dry Notes: Orris, Olibanum, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Vetiver.

Juperterian Phoenix sounds a lot like TW. It's a great peppery woods scent that has cedar, spices and herbs in it. I think it's really peppery even though there is no pepper listed.

Juperterian Phoenix sounds a lot like TW. It's a great peppery woods scent that has cedar, spices and herbs in it. I think it's really peppery even though there is no pepper listed.

Just want to say we've got both the phoenix and TW (the boy uses TW and Noir from BBW) and they don't smell anything alike to either of us!

Edited by The Poison Queen

Just want to say we've got both the phoenix and TW (the boy uses TW and Noir from BBW) and they don't smell anything alike to either of us!

It was just a guess, not knowing what most B&BW scents smell like. Good luck!

Necrobump for a couple BBW that the boyfriend LOVES, that I'd like to try and find BPAL that at least evoke similar qualities-

Rainkissed Leaves, Aromatherapy Stress Relief Eucalyptus Spearmint, Frosted Snowberry, and Cucumber Melon (which I was never fond of because of the fakeness of the scent, but to each his own...)

And for my friend, whom I'm trying to enable into BPAL~ Aromatherapy Energy Orange Ginger. (she also tends to reach for coconut/pineapple scents but that's not really for this thread)

So, I was wondering if there are any possibly fragances from BPAL that might be similar to either one of my two all-time favorite BBW scents: Amber Blush and Forever Sunshine.

Forever Sunshine:

Forever Sunshine is a warm embrace of juicy tangerine, pink peonies, creamy sandalwood & sweet praline

Top Notes: juicy tangerine, golden apricot, sparkling mandarin, exotic berries

Mid Notes: gardenia petals, freesia, pink peonies

Dry Notes: vanilla bean gelato, creamy sandalwood, nuzzly musks, a touch of sweet praline

For what it's worth... the berries, gardenia, sandalwood, and orange notes (which are a little ceamsicle-ish as opposed to fresh) do NOT stand out in this blend for me.

Amber Blush:

Top Notes: Sparkling Bergamot, Juicy Mandarin, Raspberry Champagne

Mid Notes: Jasmine, Gardenia Petals, Star Anise, Apricot Nectar, Magnolia Blossom

Dry Notes: Creamy Vanilla Suede, Crystalized Amber, Golden Sandalwood, Soft Musk

I can barely detect the anise, jasmine, and mandarin notes in this; they seem to be either in the far backdrop or non-existent as far as my chemistry goes.

Edited by Phox

I just sampled The Nun and the Courtly Lady and, especially wet, it totally reminded me of White Tea and Ginger. It's got other stuff going on in the drydown (lovely, honey-smoky stuff to my nose), so it's not the same by any means, but definitely worth checking out for White Tea and Ginger lovers!

So, I was wondering if there are any possibly fragances from BPAL that might be similar to either one of my two all-time favorite BBW scents: Amber Blush and Forever Sunshine.

Forever Sunshine:

Oh I had forgotten about this scent. A few years ago I used this stuff like every single day in the summer. I loved it soooo much. Sorry to say I have not ran into any BPAL that called Forever Sunshine to mind.

I think I have a little left in a bottle somewhere...I need to go hunt that up.

I know that somebody recommended Mouse's Long Sad Tale as a dupe for Vanilla Bean Noel but can anyone recommend an oil to complement it? I use the lotion and the gel but would love a scent to go with it (especially if it has resins).

Any ideas for a dupe for BBW Sweater Weather? I love the room spray, would love to wear the scent. Notes includeSweater Weather – A cuddly blend of eucalyptus, juniper berry and fresh sage

I am pretty darn sure there is some amber in there as well or perhaps musk as it has a top, herbal/evergreen note that is probably the juniper, eucalyptus and sage but then there is a resinous, warm note that is musky and "sunny" like frankincense or more likely an amber??