Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sihaya09

I want a BPAL that smells like Bath & Body Works...

Belladonnastrap & I were in Bath and Bodyworks today, and after I completely accidentally splooged her with Coconut Lemon Vebena lotion, I fell in love with it. However, what B&BW can do with a scent, Beth and Co. can do times ten.

I liked the beachy, kind of salty, coco-lime scent. BDS says that Oberon might be similar, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Belladonnastrap & I were in Bath and Bodyworks today, and after I completely accidentally splooged her with Coconut Lemon Vebena lotion, I fell in love with it.  However, what B&BW can do with a scent, Beth and Co. can do times ten.

I liked the beachy, kind of salty, coco-lime scent.  BDS says that Oberon might be similar, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Do you mean the Coconut Lime Verbena scent they have? That was the one I was obsessively wearing just before I discovered BPAL, and it was at the time the love of my life. I adore both coconut and lime scents, and the verbena was a perfect addition.

Anyhow, I will say that Oberon is *not* similar at all (in my opinion), and that the best attempt to recreate this would be to take Black Pearl and Whitechapel and blend the two. Otherwise, I hear that the Star has some similar ingredients (the only blend they've got with both lime and coconut in it)...

The Star is what B&BW's Coconut Lime Verbena wishes it could be. It's CLBx10, with a kick of mint and a twist of boo-yah. :P

The Star is a good choice.

My Chaos Theory (XXI) I think is exactly what you're probably looking for, but unfortuntely it's almost gone. I wish that the Lab had written down the Chaos ingredients because I know that XXI would be massively popular. But then again... it wouldn't be chaos if it was organized and recorded, right?

I have the tiniest drop left in my imp of LadyLatemar's Chaos Theory. I open and sniff it time and again and I wish and hope that it's recreated and released someday.

Andrabell, when we get together you will have to check out Tarot: The Star (I picked up a bottle in RedHotMama's Unicef Auction). I can decant an imp for you. It is very light to my nose but I do love the lime-coconut-mint vibe. I'm picturing a very refreshing scent for the 98 degree / 100% humidity Georgia summer days.

My local Bath & Body Works shop has told me that many products of my favorite BBW aromatherapy scent -- the Jasmine and Vanilla blend-- are being discontinued. Since I'm addicted to sugar scrubs, I'm desperate for a similar replacement. Any of you know of BPAL scents similar to BBW's Jasmine and Vanilla scent?

Thanks!

I don't think the entire scent, just some of the products made with the scent--the saleswoman said they're not getting any more sugar scrubs, sprays, or oils of the scent, but they're still getting lotions and soaps...

OT, but I know Skindazzles (www.skindazzles.com) has a jasmine vanilla scent that's lovely; not sure if she has it in scrubs or just lotion....

Not BPAL, but the drydown of Ungaro Apparition smelled exactly like Jasmine Vanilla on me. There was some raspberry in the beginning, but it went away completely.

How strange; I haven't heard anything about JV being discontinued or even reduced inventory. I wouldn't panic just yet; even if things are discontinued the products usually continue to be available at the semi-annual sales for at least a year.

--

Also, just to add - if they do discontinue the current sugar scrub, they are practically guarenteed to introduce something very similar within a few months; they tweak formulas and 'upgrade' products all the time. Don't worry! It really is nothing to worry about.

Edited by k00kaburra

Edit: Oh, duh, I just realised you mean a BPAL fragrance for someone who likes BBW's Black Raspberry Vanilla! :P Heh...

I need sleep. :D

Edited by Aredhel

It's weird, but, for the longest time whenever I caught a whiff of it off her, I thought it was Hearth or something like that.

Hey guys.

My friend is usually anti-fragrance in most respects (he just uses whatever is convenient, nearby) but he really does like Bath and Body Works' long-discontinued Forest Moss cologne for men. Now... I don't even know what this smells like, but he's getting close to the very bottom of his precious bottle and I'd hate to see him go back to the drugstore to pick up some generic man-ologne and KO some poor people.

Has anyone smelled FM in the past? If so, do you know what BPAL men's blends are similar? Or just any suggestions for a good inobtrusive, non-quirky BPAL men's blend? Nothing too leathery or sexual, just woodsy, manly and light.

Thanks much.

I haven't smelled Forest Moss, but I think Magus fits the "woodsy, manly, and light" bill. Or maybe Dublin. Actually, I wouldn't call either one "manly" per se... they're both unisex to me.

Cathode might be another option.

I haven't smelled Forest Moss either, but I second the Dublin suggestion as being green, airy and gender neutral so it's not all "RAWR MANLY" :P

I'll have to find an imp of Dublin to try on him in a few days...

I don't want to risk an LE, because he's a very rational guy and still doesn't understand it when I'm like 'I love this scent, and it's only around for a little while!' He's like 'Why the heck is it limited? What's the appeal? Why don't you buy something that won't disappear forever in a few days?'

Dublin, Magus... I think I'll have to find a few more lighter woodsy fragrances.

Dublin came out very sweet on me. The woodsy notes were *there*, but pretty much overpowered. (My father said, when he smelled it on me, "how many little old ladies did you have to osterize to get that?") So I might be careful with that one.

Cathode's very minty though - not sure if your friend likes mint, so you might want to beware of that.

I'd second a vote for Yggdrasil.