Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
quimerula

Magnolia scents wanted.

OK, I've got a problem.

I've tried Curious and I've found out that I really love magnolia... but my pride doesn't allow me to buy such a thing.

So I've been around the site and I've found that Hell's Belle and La Belle au Bois Dormant have both magnolia between their notes, Hell's Belle has been already ordered a while ago (and I hope the Click and Ship will come soon) but La Belle au Bois Dormant has pear... and I'm not too sure about it.

Any other magnolia scents that I haven't found?

Thank you very much.

Edited because my cat pressed a lot of keys without me noticing it before sending the post. It's true! LOL :P

Edited by quimerula

Indeed, Hell's Belle is soooo magnolia I almost passed out. :P

Black Dahlia is nice too. I didn't get any magnolia--just pear--from La Belle au Bois Dormant.

Has anyone come across any BPAL that smells of magnolias? We have a lot of magnolia trees in my neighborhood and I LOVE the smell of them. They're sweet & floral but have this lemony sort of freshness that keeps the scent from being too cloying. I'd love to find a BPAL like that. The closest thing I've found is New Orleans, but it's really a jasmine scent. That's not to say I don't like it, but it isn't exactly what I'm looking for. I'm open to suggestions that have a similar feel, but may not necessarily have Magnolia listed as a note. If anyone has any thoughts I'd be most appreciative!

Sadly I haven't smelled any magnolia scents that do the scent justice. I can detect magnolia in Unheavenly City (it's a lot like Hell's Belle I've heard) but it's more of a spicy scent and the magnolias take back stage.

Oooo ... Yvaine sounds promising. I'll have to track down a decant of Josie as well, although the peach scares me. I love to eat peaches, but I don't like smelling like them for some reason. Yvaine I might go ahead and order unsniffed. Thanks for the suggestions! :D

The Grindhouse has a strong magnolia note, although I wouldn't classify it as a floral blend. It's also heavy on musk and vanilla. It's a beautiful, sexy floriental.

Oooh! I love the Grindhouse, but I never thought about that being magnolia - I usually remember the 'florentine iris', despite having no other clue what iris might smell like. Good suggestion!

I like both Yvaine and Josie for magnolia, but they go in two completely different directions. The lavender in Yvaine can be very strong (well, mine's probably a couple of years old, too, so it might be aged yvaine is very lavender strong). Josie is probably my absolute favorite, the balance of slightly honey-sweetened peaches with the magnolia is just so very evocative. I wear it when I want to be reminded of home (Mississippi).

I too am craving more Magnolia. I love all the heady southern florals! Hell's Belle is a fave of mine. I think Josie is a must try but I do fear the honey will go funky on my skin. I would love to see more scents with this note!

Edited by ziggystardust13

Yvaine is lovely - I've heard Misericordia from the VILF line is similar to that one but I haven't tried it personally. I ordered The Bride last night; all the reviews of it are really promising. @ziggystardust13, have you seen that one?

Ooh, thanks for those recs, @PrinceofcatS! I'm only familiar with Yvaine (but never actually had the pleasure of sniffing it. I will be adding the others to my wishlist.

Kneel Down, Fair Love, and Fill Thyself with Tears is a slightly musky Magnolia scent - it's one of the purest Magnolia scents I've found.

Ghosts in Love has Magnolia in it, but it also has other scents in it, some other white flowers, some woods. It's gorgeous, imho!

The magnolia in The Bride has caused me to fall in love with it - a complete surprise as the closest to a floral scent I've ever liked before. Yet in every other blend it seems to be combined with major death notes for me. Woe!

From the 2016 Lupers, The Bride is an absolutely gorgeous and creamy magnolia that just smells all the better with the vanilla chiffon!

From the 2016 Lupers, The Bride is an absolutely gorgeous and creamy magnolia that just smells all the better with the vanilla chiffon!

The magnolia in The Bride has caused me to fall in love with it - a complete surprise as the closest to a floral scent I've ever liked before. Yet in every other blend it seems to be combined with major death notes for me. Woe!

While I really, really liked The Bride, I got my hands on a decant of Orgy with Nine Women which has Champaca magnolia, bourbon vanilla, blonde tobacco, and white honey. And oh, I am in loooove with this one.

Sign in to follow this